Forest / Rams links

admira

There can't be another pair of clubs with as many links as The Mighty Rams and the Tree Huggers.

John McGovern

Gary Charles

Steve Sutton

John O'Hare

Peter Shilton

Gary Mills

Brian Clough

Daryll Powell

Peter Taylor

Nigel Clough

Kris Commons

Dave Mackay

Mikkel Beck

Lars Bohenien

Charlie George

Billy Davies

John Robertson

Archie Gemmill

Kenny Burns

Glyn Hodges

Colin Todd

Dexter Blackstock

Lee Camp

Frank Wignall

Terry Hennessey

Rob Earnshaw

Alan Hinton

Henry Newton

Dean Saunders

Darren Wassell

Steve Hodge

and now Steve MaClaren and Nathan Tyson.

It's no wonder the rivalry is so fierce!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In England no.. I looked on google a days ago, only 4 players in history have played for Manchester Utd and Liverpool.. Only 5 for Arsenal and Spurs..

But I'd imagine Celtic and Rangers have a bigger list.. I'm suprised the BBC haven't clicked on and wrote an article, it is strange to say the least.. Anyone hazard a guess as to why?

Because we are only 16 miles from city centre to city centre, geographically players will prefer local moves, particularly important if they have children and family close by. The other reason was Clough and Taylor.

More recently there have been far fewer moves

In England no.. I looked on google a days ago, only 4 players in history have played for Manchester Utd and Liverpool.. Only 5 for Arsenal and Spurs..

But I'd imagine Celtic and Rangers have a bigger list.. I'm suprised the BBC haven't clicked on and wrote an article, it is strange to say the least.. Anyone hazard a guess as to why?

Because our rivalry didn't really kick off until Clough went there in the 70s?

Fair play though, I'm glad the rivalry did kick off. Always the first fixtures we look for when they're announced.

As much as we may dislike each other, without the other we'd both be looking forward to playing Leicester FFS! :eek:

And what about the transfer that never was....I remember being at The Basie (forget who we were playing mind) when Ian Storey-Moore "signed" for us in the centre circle. It was broadcast live on ITV's On The Ball show it was such big news, Storey-Moore was an exiting left winger and it looked like curtains for Alan Hinton. Anyway, he signed but by Monday the deal was off and he went to Man United where he didn't do much. Anyone else remember this ?

if forest and derby were in the prem it would be one of the great rivalries of europe i think

I don't think so. Even in this country it is no more than Burnley/Blackburn, Ipswich/Norwich, West Brom/Wolves, Saints/Pompey or Rochdale/Gillingham (maybe not the last one:)). Then you have got all the rivalries between clubs in the same city.

I don't think so. Even in this country it is no more than Burnley/Blackburn, Ipswich/Norwich, West Brom/Wolves, Saints/Pompey or Rochdale/Gillingham (maybe not the last one:)). Then you have got all the rivalries between clubs in the same city.

Yeh but do most of the rivalries you mentioned have clubs that carry such great histories and support as Derby and Forest? No way.

Yeh but do most of the rivalries you mentioned have clubs that carry such great histories and support as Derby and Forest? No way.

Sorry kid but Blackburn/Burnley & Wolves/West Brom along with Derby were original members of the football league. That's not a bad history is it? I am not taking anything away from our rivalry with Forest but it is no more intense than the others.

I don't think it's any more or less. It depends how you define that.

I don't really think about West Brom/Wolves - they seem to go on 10 year cycles of hating other clubs around them. Clubs in the same city is fair enough, although ask a red dog if it's bigger against us or bigger against Notts County.

This is how I define big:

I'll reschedule meetings to get on the phone early to the ticket office

I pay £25 membership on top of my season ticket to secure my away ticket :mad:

I dream about us winning a week before we play them

I (literally) can't sleep on the Friday night

I don't drink on the Saturday for the build up. There's plenty of time for that after (celebration or drowning of sorrows)

I like to think I'm quite a mild mannered sort of guy, but I absolutely flip when I see Lee Camp. Horrible things come out that shouldn't be repeated

I freeze when we score against them - I don't know what to do

When I wee at the city ground, I'll do a little bit on the toilet seat. Just to deface the ground in my own way.

I guess the point I'm making is, any one's derby game is the biggest in the world. It's the fans that make it.

One derby I've no time for is B'ham/Villa - the ground was half full last season at St Andrews.

Archived