Fans Meeting regards to Atmosphere??

therams69

police advice (which if it's advice can surely just be ignored?)

Unlikely.

1. I think the police charge the club for the costs associated with the policing. If there was some advice that wasn't being followed, I guess the police would bring in more personnel (at whatever overtime rates they think appropriate) on the basis that they needed to because the club wasn't following safety advice - and bill the club a fortune for it.

2. If it did kick off, the club would be on a hiding to nothing if they'd not followed advice. You can picture it now, headline news, some Chief Inspector stood in front of the camera, arms aloft saying "we told them not to".

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

Sorting out the away fans location would be worth more points than a £1M striker, we give them primary passage to dominate the acoustics of the ground. The club need to give us the south stand and shove them in the corner, if we put men on the moon..

That's all probably true Gboro.

But I wish the club would just have the b*llocks to say "we're doing this for our fans, looking after them, improving the match day experience blah blah blah, if they misbehave the section will be shut, until that time, police the match to the restrictions given to you by us, don't tell us how to run our matchday operations".

I really can't see how moving them to the SW corner can fail to make it easier to police. It MUST make it easier. The Buses can park in the West Stand car park and it would avoid all the confusion etc around the back of the South Stand.

I'm a chilled out peaceful fella. I go with my missus, but when a handful of Coventry fans are singing how much of a shithole and no mark club Derby is.... how the Rams fans are inbreds....... well i had to say something. Luckily for me and my missus, the Coventry lads just went quiet. I think they had thought everyone around them was Cov fans. When i said something i reckon it suprised them. It was a silly thing to do, but i was just getting wound up. What have these Health and Safety fellas done that would of helped me not get my head squashed by 4 or 5 Cov fans?

If those gates were shut, the Cov fans wouldn't need to see a Derby fan. They could walk straight out onto their buses. At worst giving the V-sign to a few West Standers a 50 meteres away.

I'd love to hear why the Away fans MUST be in the South Stand. You make them walk past the East Corner to get to their buses for Gods sake!!!

The only thing about the SW is the fact they would be slightly above Derby fans. Well, stick netting over a few rows followed by Stewards. Sorted. Forest have a spit canopy at their place!! We wouldn't even neeed that!

The only thing about the SW is the fact they would be slightly above Derby fans. Well, stick netting over a few rows followed by Stewards. Sorted. Forest have a spit canopy at their place!! We wouldn't even neeed that!

Exactly. Loads of teams have opposing fans above/below them. They do already have some segregation netting in there already and there's always 4 or 5 coppers up there to make sure nothing gets thrown - and that's just for the 300 people up there now! Even West lower towards the South End would be better than what we have now - Nothing could be thrown down, it's easy for the coaches easier to put "spit canopies" in there as well. I'll knock up another letter and see what he says.

I really can't see how moving them to the SW corner can fail to make it easier to police. It MUST make it easier. The Buses can park in the West Stand car park and it would avoid all the confusion etc around the back of the South Stand.

I'm a chilled out peaceful fella. I go with my missus, but when a handful of Coventry fans are singing how much of a shithole and no mark club Derby is.... how the Rams fans are inbreds....... well i had to say something. Luckily for me and my missus, the Coventry lads just went quiet. I think they had thought everyone around them was Cov fans. When i said something i reckon it suprised them. It was a silly thing to do, but i was just getting wound up. What have these Health and Safety fellas done that would of helped me not get my head squashed by 4 or 5 Cov fans?

If those gates were shut, the Cov fans wouldn't need to see a Derby fan. They could walk straight out onto their buses. At worst giving the V-sign to a few West Standers a 50 meteres away.

I'd love to hear why the Away fans MUST be in the South Stand. You make them walk past the East Corner to get to their buses for Gods sake!!!

He used plurals to descibe the one Coventry fan. This story cannot be true.

just been having a think and it prob wont go down well with s\e corner lot but i feel the best place for away fans is in that corner.. easy to police as they could just fence them in from both sides, and even allow busses to be fenced in to (like swansea have done) s/e corner is not loud unless u are in there.. we in the north stand can hear away fans alot better than the corner.. maybe them swapping round would be better for atmosphere and prob policing as no one will have to really cut through the away section bit ..people will have to just walk round!!

just think more noise can be created behind the goals..i remember when i was in the south east corner and the north stand used to join in singing.. i used to think wow... thats loud, but used to think our area was loud to..until i moved away..

Just a quick point, people keep saying that the NSBA won't work cause they are too far away from the away fans but Liverpool have the exact same set up with the away fans at the far end opposite the kop. With growth their is no reason the NSBA can't achieve this, step by step of course.

Just a quick point, people keep saying that the NSBA won't work cause they are too far away from the away fans but Liverpool have the exact same set up with the away fans at the far end opposite the kop. With growth their is no reason the NSBA can't achieve this, step by step of course.

LOL!! Think you better read the other thread Norfolk... Reasons beyond our control so to speak which I cant really discuss....

If we had a massive KOP then maybe but until such time will have to work with what we got! Shame nobody thought about all this when PPS was first built etc

Archived