can derby push for automatic promotion next season

B4ev6is

I can't get my head around some people on here. We finished 10th, 9 points (?) off the play offs. Autos may be a step too far But play offs should be a target. We've improve our side over the summer (not debatable. Every signing improves the side in a way, not to mention we'll have key players hopefully back to full fitness and playing regularly (Ward, Bryso, hopefully Barks ).

Surely we've got a chance if it was only 9 points if the side has improved! Top 6 yes IMO

Your dangerous assumption is that all other teams have stood still whilst we have improved our squad

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your dangerous assumption is that all other teams have stood still whilst we have improved our squad

No, they've all gone backwards. It's common knowledge on here (from what has been said by an awful lot of posters) that the Championship is the weakest standard it has ever been. Consequently, everyone (else) must have become weaker.

Hmmm not so sure......I was talking about relatively, we may have improved our own squad from last year but have other teams whom finished around us also improved theirs? Meaning we would finish in the same league position as last year, or if teams around us have improved their squads at a greater rate than ours then we would finish lower. For example Bolton finished above and have already made some good additions to their squad, we would have to go some way to match Leicesters squad and so on. 

They are not going anywhere, would be nice, investors that attend the games, not going to happen though....sadly.

From what I have heard, there is a representative of the investor group at pretty much every match but how true this is I don't know.

I think everyone would prefer a local businessman in charge of the club but in the absence of this surely you would like someone who looks after the club and supports the manager...something which it appears they are now doing.

i have never quite "got" why a local businessman is different or indeed preferable to any other kind of businessman in terms of involvement with a football club.

There is a clear alignment of interests - the dosh is in the premier league so the club need to get there. why this has yet to permeate the businessmen we rams have in charge is not clear, but perhaps that is poor advice from the management group. "Yeah, yeah - just give us a few hundred k and we'll sort it for ya".

But we are looking to be on the up - and we want to see more progress this year.

me? i would settle for finishing above the Forest

Clough needs to capitalise more on the 10 to 12 point lead we get every season. 

The parachute payments are all well and good but most teams would bite yer hand off for 12 points guaranteed instead. We are so lucky that the Gumps and the Dirties have no answer to Jake Buxton and therefore bend over and take da punishment from his royal Jakeness year after year.

".metro.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/14/article-1331742154380-12279214000005DC-880320_466x557" alt="article-1331742154380-12279214000005DC-8">

"http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/18578686/4714384" alt="4714384">

Archived