can derby push for automatic promotion next season

B4ev6is

Hey lads i want to believe derby can push for top 2 places next season. but i think jamie ward can be a really handfull next season if nigal clough is given the right players and funds to do so, we have quite a few attacking opapions, we have like of jamie ward, cwkya, theo robson, conner doyle, and if that scottish striker comes and supposed to be golden kids scotland international team, and also craig bryson, which plays in midfield, but other in the team likes of stepthen pearson ben davis, james bailey, but i still we need a play maker that create something out of nrothing, someone that can keep the oppsition guessing. I now to out defance we have jake buxton who is a good player when fit and also shaun barker is best in this divison but not been fit all season, but when fit we all know he can half have a shot on him.

there is russle addidson but once again another player which has been missing a lot of time on the treatment table and same thing with miles addison. but jhon brayford has been bright spark this season, demand right position but i think needs someone else, to keep him on his toes, now with goal keepers frank fielding is best steady keeper for long time, and also ross akins but not seen a lot to tell about him, but heard some good things through about the lad.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No-one knows b4, we're still months away from kick-off.. we will sign more players, other teams will sign more players and there is no indication to who will actually perform next season, there was about 20-30 players who I expected to have a good season, that didn't and even more who I didn't expect to have a good season went on, 2 of the strikers I didn't rate 9 months ago finished as the top 2 goalscorers! so as I said, no-one knows we're certainly in with a chance but so are the other 23 teams at this point.

ask this question on April 1st 2012 and we'll see what the answer is!

from what I've seen happen in this league over the years, I would not be surprised to see Jamie Ward come into the new season and play dire and Theo Robinson to come out and be our best player, it's that sort of league.

Absolutely no chance of pushing for automatic. West Ham and Brum will still have strong squads. Fester and Hull will be pushing as will Middlesborough I think. Even if we get players in like Eustuce, Bryson, Waghorn, Maguire, Shackle I think we are looking a mid table team. Flirting with play offs at best. You're right though we need that spark that Commons gave us. I'm not confident that Clough and Co have an eye for an Idiakez.

Absolutely no chance of pushing for automatic. West Ham and Brum will still have strong squads. Fester and Hull will be pushing as will Middlesborough I think. Even if we get players in like Eustuce, Bryson, Waghorn, Maguire, Shackle I think we are looking a mid table team. Flirting with play offs at best. You're right though we need that spark that Commons gave us. I'm not confident that Clough and Co have an eye for an Idiakez.

You can't judge on what teams look like on paper, surely by now you know that? anyone at the start who would of said Grant Holt would score more goals than Bellamy is talking absolute *****, also players coming down from the premiership don't tend to do so well in my experience, look at the players we came down with, they're the ones that we cringe at when we look at our team sheet.

I would say, just wait until the season starts.. I would seriously suggest to anyone trying to predict how the league is going end up based on what the squad looks like on paper is more than likely going to be ridiculously wrong at the end of the season, it's the nature of this division!

we simply won't push for the top 2, jamie ward, robinson, cywka, doyle, pearson and davies, these are nowhere near top 2 players, they are top half players pushing for the play offs at best really. For me with the strength and depth of the sides in this division this season i can't see us anywhere near those spots.

With this signings:

Other summer targets for Rams boss Nigel Clough include Leicester City striker Martyn Waghorn, Nottingham Forest's out-of-contract attacker Nathan Tyson, Watford midfielder John Eustace, Barnsley defender Jason Shackell and Inverness CT forward Adam Rooney.

no chance.

Forums are so funny.

'No chance', 'definitely not', 'we simply won't push for the top two' (like that was ever a realistic aim) - it's like you've already seen next season and can definitely predict it. Did we ever think we would go up last time? Did Blackpool, or Burnley, or Sheffield United? Probably not.

Why not stop being so bloody pessimistic and just see what happens. I can imagine 0-0 at half time on the first day the boos will be ringing round the ground.

Did we ever think we would go up last time? Did Blackpool, or Burnley, or Sheffield United? Probably not.

We had very good manager in BD when we get promotion. Now we have no.

Blackpool had Ian Holloway. Sheffield promoted with Warnock. It's all about managers in this league.

We had very good manager in BD when we get promotion. Now we have no.

Blackpool had Ian Holloway. Sheffield promoted with Warnock. It's all about managers in this league.

Would hardly say Holloway has a stellar record before Blackpool though. A lot of young unproven managers get teams up from this league. This is not to say I am a Clough fan, because at times, it is apparent he does not know what he is doing.

Would hardly say Holloway has a stellar record before Blackpool though. A lot of young unproven managers get teams up from this league. This is not to say I am a Clough fan, because at times, it is apparent he does not know what he is doing.

[sIZE=3]Can you name a few besides Lambert and Hughton. Newcastle had too strong team for this league though.[/sIZE]

[sIZE=3]Can you name a few besides Lambert and Hughton. Newcastle had too strong team for this league though.[/sIZE]

Coyle, Di Matteo. The two in the play off final this year are inexperienced in McDermott and Rodgers.

Archived