Ben Pringle - Joined Rotherham

Donny Ram

Just info regarding some of the rumblings in the background that are going off at the moment, it depends on your perspective as to whether you think it's good or not. Had anyone else told me, other than the two sources it came from, I would have dismissed the information as unlikely. I haven't caught up yet with my sources and they will both be away in Cyprus next week, so it's unlikely that I will be relaying anything on the subject until I get chance to speak with them on their return.

oh sounds juicy, also like the good old fashioned playing down the big news.. i've got a few ideas in my head already, think we're going down the fulham root.. not in the sacking of the manager, more than likely having a giant statue built outside the stadium with nothing to do with Derby, my guess is that Glicky is a big elvis fan so maybe? and for an outside guess, completely stab in the dark.. instead of a striker we're going to buy a nice cottage and put it in the corner of the ground?

what ever it is, I will wait in anticipation.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just info regarding some of the rumblings in the background that are going off at the moment, it depends on your perspective as to whether you think it's good or not. Had anyone else told me, other than the two sources it came from, I would have dismissed the information as unlikely. I haven't caught up yet with my sources and they will both be away in Cyprus next week, so it's unlikely that I will be relaying anything on the subject until I get chance to speak with them on their return.

Would you be allowed to PM someone sensible, or failing that me eighths gist of it?

Best of luck to him. Don't think he was as bad as some made out. Hopefully he's found his level and he'll push on from there, Torquay loved him

Absolutely right, decent lad who deserves a chance. With Rotherham's new ground opening soon they have a really good set up for a lower league club, Ben will do fine at The Millers. His time at Torquay was what alerted Rotherham to him, so it goes to show that being out on loan for regular football "putting yourself in the spotlight" does pay off.

All those who criticise Ben should ask themselves what level they've ever played at, professional football is a world of hard knocks and good luck to anyone for sticking with it, especially when making a step up from non-league and the uncertainties that go with it. It doesn't just put pressure on you as a player but also on your family, wages aren't massive and you normally have a young family to support as well, you don't know for sure if you're good enough to make it at a higher level and the last thing you need is people booing you when you do get a run out.

Absolutely right, decent lad who deserves a chance. With Rotherham's new ground opening soon they have a really good set up for a lower league club, Ben will do fine at The Millers. His time at Torquay was what alerted Rotherham to him, so it goes to show that being out on loan for regular football "putting yourself in the spotlight" does pay off.

All those who criticise Ben should ask themselves what level they've ever played at, professional football is a world of hard knocks and good luck to anyone for sticking with it, especially when making a step up from non-league and the uncertainties that go with it. It doesn't just put pressure on you as a player but also on your family, wages aren't massive and you normally have a young family to support as well, you don't know for sure if you're good enough to make it at a higher level and the last thing you need is people booing you when you do get a run out.

Couldn't agree more. If people know how hard he worked and the levels he went to trying to get a shot at league football they might chnage their opinions slightly.

He was cheap back up at a time when we needed it. Don't think he ever really let us down when he played. Always worked hard and always wanted to get the ball down and play football. I think the thing that went against him was his size.

Good luck to the guy.

Couldn't agree more. If people know how hard he worked and the levels he went to trying to get a shot at league football they might chnage their opinions slightly.

He was cheap back up at a time when we needed it. Don't think he ever really let us down when he played. Always worked hard and always wanted to get the ball down and play football. I think the thing that went against him was his size.

Good luck to the guy.

People moaned at him, Buxton and Deeney but they were back up players who replaced other back up players who were on four or five times as much money.

Now virtually all the players who were on silly contracts have gone, we can afford better back up players.

The

has ALF come in the other way as part of the deal?

Has this been mentioned already? for I am a lazy get.

They wanted Pringle plus £10 for Le Fondre, but Glick didn't want to break into a twenty.

Archived