Young Ram's Theological Discussion

Day

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the author Simon Scarrow, writes alot of Historical Fiction. Ended up buying around eight books of his in one series just to get to the book that intrigued me originally!

Also bought what I thought was the next book in the series, only to find out that it was a new series of his that was another historical fiction on the stories of Naopleon and Wellington which led up from them as kids until their battle at Waterloo. Thigs like that fascinate me.

Other than that I read a fair few autobiographies, and generally any fantasty/historical fiction books that interest me. Writing my own book too, but thats been pushed to one side while I get more important things done.

I really like the author Simon Scarrow, writes alot of Historical Fiction. Ended up buying around eight books of his in one series just to get to the book that intrigued me originally!

Also bought what I thought was the next book in the series, only to find out that it was a new series of his that was another historical fiction on the stories of Naopleon and Wellington which led up from them as kids until their battle at Waterloo. Thigs like that fascinate me.

Other than that I read a fair few autobiographies, and generally any fantasty/historical fiction books that interest me. Writing my own book too, but thats been pushed to one side while I get more important things done.

I am most interested in historical books of some sort, but no so much the fiction kind.

Prefer to be given the facts with that sort of stuff.

I am most interested in historical books of some sort, but no so much the fiction kind.

Prefer to be given the facts with that sort of stuff.

Historical fiction is where they give the facts as they were, but where there is little discription (i.e.the people involved) they create their own stories of their interactions and relationships. What they may have been thinking etc. The bloke i'm reading now used to be a historian for one of the top universities in England, so he's an expert in the Roman era that he writes in. He gets all the names right the places and events, hes just expanding on two characters who were there at the time.

Historical fiction is where they give the facts as they were, but where there is little discription (i.e.the people involved) they create their own stories of their interactions and relationships. What they may have been thinking etc. The bloke i'm reading now used to be a historian for one of the top universities in England, so he's an expert in the Roman era that he writes in. He gets all the names right the places and events, hes just expanding on two characters who were there at the time.

That sort of stuff is ok. It's where they sometimes expand into fantasy where I lose interest.

I've read a couple of Richard Dawkins books, they mess with your head a bit but are very interesting.

That sort of stuff is ok. It's where they sometimes expand into fantasy where I lose interest.

I've read a couple of Richard Dawkins books, they mess with your head a bit but are very interesting.

Luckily the authors i've read don't change history when they write their stories, just expand on their characters within the realms of what may have been possible at the time.

dawkins and hitchens books are both very entertaining reads.

SillyBilly

Anything by Hitchens or Dawkins is a must-read. I do alot of reading these days because I don't watch any of the trash on TV. It worries me that people actually derive enjoyment from some of the reality garbage on the box these days.

Anything by Hitchens or Dawkins is a must-read. I do alot of reading these days because I don't watch any of the trash on TV. It worries me that people actually derive enjoyment from some of the reality garbage on the box these days.

TOWIE is class!

Archived