Left Back in the rumour mill

sage

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm absolutely certain I heard Glick on Radio Derby yesterday comment that Shackle can cover left back - I hate to say it but my money is on them not doing too much about Left Back

He def says we're after a LB - the interview on BBC Derby website - about 1.30 into it.

Is it me, or were some fans have selected eye sight in the second half of last season?

Roberts was absolutely fine in the final 10 or so games, not a problem at all. We were weaker down the centre, if anything.

...its you.

He def says we're after a LB - the interview on BBC Derby website - about 1.30 into it.

Thanks for that - I can't do the replay of media on my works computer so couldn't go back to it. That's a relief then - although he defo said that Shackle could cover.

found a few rumours on the web that we might be in for either lyod samual or ryan betrand and efe sodje just wondered wat u thought/

prefer betrand to be honest if we sell varney for 750k as reported and put 1mil in ourselves wat u think?

Bertrand would be my pick, seems like Forest are in for him also and since he had a pretty successful time there so wouldn't expect him to pick us over them, but then again have Forest beat us to a player in the past 10 years? could be possible!

On the ball, Gareth Roberts is okay. It's just when you need him to be defensively minded at those do or die situations when he's off the ball, he's useless when in that situation. He can't tackle, can't stand up to a shove, falls over too easily, dives in too early. Sometimes when under pressure near our box, he'll panic and lose the ball.

If he's got space, and can run down the wing he's quite useful.

We'll probably loan someone for left back if we're serious about challenging at the top end of the table.

Glick said we're in for 4 more players after the Shackell signing, 2 strikers, 1 holding midfielder and a left back. Which sounds about right in the general opinion on these forums.

I expect 2/4 to be loans there. Maybe 3.

We'll probably loan someone for left back if we're serious about challenging at the top end of the table.

Glick said we're in for 4 more players after the Shackell signing, 2 strikers, 1 holding midfielder and a left back. Which sounds about right in the general opinion on these forums.

I expect 2/4 to be loans there. Maybe 3.

I reckon the left back might be a loan, I think the club has got their targets, one will be Maguire which just seems certain, and the club have mentioned before that they are still looking at Eustace and Waghorn, and I think if Leicester aren't looking to sell Waghorn then we might go in for him on loan if we haven't got a backup lined up

Arsenal's main back-up and cup player at left back, played 20 times last season and capped twice for England. If we sign him, I'll suck your cock.

I actually pissed my self laughing at that one and great point

Would love to see Ryan Bertrand come here but his stocks just risen as he was one of the few to come out the U21's euros with any credibility sure he will probably end up on loan at another premiership club

Whats happening with Fabio Borini? Long shot, probably staying at Swansea but he's a class act.

It's loans like these that we can aim for.

Not a bad early fixture list but by no means an easy one, if we can get 65% win rate in those first 10 games we can look toward the class acts on the loan list. The more points, the more attractive we look.

Whats happening with Fabio Borini? Long shot, probably staying at Swansea but he's a class act.

It's loans like these that we can aim for.

Not a bad early fixture list but by no means an easy one, if we can get 65% win rate in those first 10 games we can look toward the class acts on the loan list. The more points, the more attractive we look.

Can he play LB?

Borini is a forward and has signed a 5-year contract with Parma.

is he thinking of Fede Bessone?

Neil Taylor would have been a great signing.....does no-one talk to Dean Saunders???

Archived