Left Back in the rumour mill

sage

[sIZE=4]jaime peters from ipswich. Think he's a rightback or wingback. He's lost out due to managerial changes but town fans seem to rate him and think man utd and chelsea looked at him few years ago. Seen him a few times and always looked half decent. Played well vs arsenal in carling cup semi final (at portman road). Not sure how long his contract is but been there a few years now without given much of a chance. Also striker Tamas Priskin from ipswich (who Keane paid £1.75m for) is probably going to be offloaded by Jewell as he was loaned to swansea a month or so ago but got injured. [/sIZE]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[sIZE=4]jaime peters from ipswich. Think he's a rightback or wingback. He's lost out due to managerial changes but town fans seem to rate him and think man utd and chelsea looked at him few years ago. Seen him a few times and always looked half decent. Played well vs arsenal in carling cup semi final (at portman road). Not sure how long his contract is but been there a few years now without given much of a chance. Also striker Tamas Priskin from ipswich (who Keane paid £1.75m for) is probably going to be offloaded by Jewell as he was loaned to swansea a month or so ago but got injured. [/sIZE]

god no not jamie peters! awful, think we should try a prem young loanee. Bertand etc

• 2 weeks later...
The only left back i have heard is that damian delany from ipswich, but have you heard off that young one from palace, ermmm i think hes name is dean moxey, he looks good ;)

Shame about his collection of yellow and red cards that was always the risk with him

There is still plenty of time left, still 2 months still our first League game.

I know there's loads of time left. Part of me thinks it's going to be young prem player on loan, which we will arrange in July

To be fair, Roberts had a poor start, but by the end of the season I don't think he was as bad as everyone makes out

Agreed, I'm glad we have a manager less stubborn than our fans, because he earned himself a place in this years' squad on the basis of his last few performances.

Agreed, I'm glad we have a manager less stubborn than our fans, because he earned himself a place in this years' squad on the basis of his last few performances.

Generally agree with both comments about Roberts, but I am concerned that next season he may struggle again, and at 34 he could be on his last legs - all those niggling injuries can't help. We need a new LB IMO younger and better.

Generally agree with both comments about Roberts, but I am concerned that next season he may struggle again, and at 34 he could be on his last legs - all those niggling injuries can't help. We need a new LB IMO younger and better.

Agree with that, actually. But I'm also sure our management aren't stupid enough to believe that a 34 year old can play to a decent standard 46 times in 8 months.

Some fans need to learn that the press doesn't actually publish every single thought in Clough's mind and that he probably is searching for a left-back.

Archived