comedy of errors...aka Florist play offs thread

froggg

Be interesting to see Forest next season.. I don't believe in the hype that the NPC gets much stronger every year, promotion is still possible with a few tweeks for a top half team, however every team aims to improve and the ones that stand still or lose a few players can take a huge plunge down the table.. Like ourselves, Preston and Sheff Utd found out.

It would a mistake to rule Forest out of a promotion race, Davies afterall is a solid NPC manager. I honestly think they'll spend big again and give it one last push, all or nothing sort of thing.

I'd like to see that but............................no they'll sack him;)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Be interesting to see Forest next season.. I don't believe in the hype that the NPC gets much stronger every year, promotion is still possible with a few tweeks for a top half team, however every team aims to improve and the ones that stand still or lose a few players can take a huge plunge down the table.. Like ourselves, Preston and Sheff Utd found out.

It would a mistake to rule Forest out of a promotion race, Davies afterall is a solid NPC manager. I honestly think they'll spend big again and give it one last push, all or nothing sort of thing.

Pretty sure Forest will start with the cost cutting next season, I really think they needed to get promoted this season. I also can't see Davros being there next season, another play-off failure will sour relations further.

I'd like to see that but............................no they'll sack him;)

Sacking BD would be a mistake and I could see them sliding horribly down the table if they did.. There isn't anyone that much better out there available.. Unless they honestly believe they can secure the signature of Martin O'Niell.

@Froggy, no i didnt have wembley shirt ready, and i didnt have one ready last season either. im just a fan who is proud of my team. can you say the same?

OH YES..............:) ON A SHOESTRING AND ALL THAT.......AND WHERE ARE WE KICKING A BALL AROUND.......OH YES IN THE SAME PARK.....BUT ITS JUST NOT GOING TO COST US AS MUCH;)

see you in august.......in the championship mmmmwwwahhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa

Your a bright spark. indeed we will. and your shallow gloating cheers me up no end ;)

What do you expect on a Derby County forum? A pat on the back and a "well done"? Of course we are going to take the p*ss, of course we are going to enjoy your failure- we had a crap season, you had a much better one but we are all delighted now the wheels have finally come off. If you don't want to read our comments then.....erm, don't read a Derby County forum. I dare say that there are a fair few of us on your forums tonight so why not go and defend your "pride" for your team on there and leave us to it?

Hmmm are you sure??? If next season is going to be tough for us which it prob will be looking at the strength of other teams already in there and who's coming down then i'd be more concerned about Derby's squad and form before ours....i'd say you've got another season of building a team to even compete in the top half yet, i do think if he's given the time Clough jr will manage that though for you.

Summer will see some changes at Forest certainly but

it won't leave us weaker i would've thought, well not in the long run anyway, the focus will be on the out of contract players and whether they accept new contracts on a bit lesser wages (this is just being sensible rather than a sign of financial meltdown as the scaremongers harp on about!).

I believe we are now in a position to strengthen with 3 players in already, bids for 3 more and in talks with others.. whereas Forest have had too many throws at the dice and with a wage bill double ours and with more than likely another 10-12million pound loss this season, how likely is your chairman to give more of his own money out? he is going to want some sort of return.

I can't predict the future but your finances didn't look to healthy, with a 15million pound wage budge and a 12million pound loss (this is last season's by the way) although he might go for it again.. which if he does fair enough.

We've spent the last 2-3 seasons getting our books balanced and we have took massive cuts, we used to be in your position without the success under jewell, our wage budget was around 15million now down to 7-8million (ish) and now we're looking to invest in the team, which I find genuinely exciting. I doubt we'll be able to compete with the likes of Leicester in terms of spending but I don't doubt for a minute that we're going to put our hand in the money jar.

Like I said depends on how forest go about their business, they might prove me wrong and sign players like Boyd on 30k a week..etc but I can't see the chairman going for it.

Sad

I believe we are now in a position to strengthen with 3 players in already, bids for 3 more and in talks with others.. whereas Forest have had too many throws at the dice and with a wage bill double ours and with more than likely another 10-12million pound loss this season, how likely is your chairman to give more of his own money out? he is going to want some sort of return.

I can't predict the future but your finances didn't look to healthy, with a 15million pound wage budge and a 12million pound loss (this is last season's by the way) although he might go for it again.. which if he does fair enough.

We've spent the last 2-3 seasons getting our books balanced and we have took massive cuts, we used to be in your position without the success under jewell, our wage budget was around 15million now down to 7-8million (ish) and now we're looking to invest in the team, which I find genuinely exciting. I doubt we'll be able to compete with the likes of Leicester in terms of spending but I don't doubt for a minute that we're going to put our hand in the money jar.

Like I said depends on how forest go about their business, they might prove me wrong and sign players like Boyd on 30k a week..etc but I can't see the chairman going for it.

thing is I can see them chucking more money at it as the fans think Billy hasn't been backed with funds! Surely the sugar daddy should hold a conference and state the intentions of the club? I hope they keep Billy for many reasons- the main one being that O'neil would be tempted to make a success of them!

i can't see us catching forest next season, they have a good squad and frankly will probably spend more, forest don't really need to worry about debts as the owner from what i hear is pretty committed and extremely rich. Our problem is that we haven't yet balanced the books, we are still according to glick losing money, have a poor squad and will need to keep a low wage budget. When it comes to who we are going to sign we will have a much smaller limit than 8-10 clubs in this league who already have a much better squad than us, it is always nice to see forest lose in the playoffs even if we are rubbish at the moment i can take pride that we will play them next year.

@Froggy, no i didnt have wembley shirt ready, and i didnt have one ready last season either. im just a fan who is proud of my team. can you say the same?

30,000+ in the Premier League when we got stuffed week in, week out.

Forest couldn't manage 30,000 for a playoff semi final.

Says it all about who's got pride in their team.

and look how much your attendances have dropped since then? Our capacity is 3k below your 33,000 and we got 28k last thursday for the 1st leg so its not that bad plus we always take a damn good healthy away following. Chatted to a West Ham fan at my footy on sunday and he said we took the best away support there this season of anybody (even Man U and Chelski!) when we played em in the cup. Geez there's some right guff bein posted here, a lot of it gross exaggerations in the petty 'my clubs bigger/better than your club' kinda way....the fact is we're pretty similar sized clubs irrespective of certain criteria trying to slant it one way or the other and thats what makes the rivalry a healthy one which isn't one sided.

If we sign Boyd he certainly won't be on 30k a week, it'll be more like 12-15k with bonus's to make him earn it, he isn't likely to get big bucks anywhere anyway considering his poor time at Boro.

Yes 10 relegation battles in 12 seasons has eroded the support down to only being the second highest average attendance in the division.

Thing is though, if we had one decent season, like you've had the last couple of years, the home attendances would be going through the roof again.

the fact is we're pretty similar sized clubs irrespective of certain criteria trying to slant it one way or the other and thats what makes the rivalry a healthy one which isn't one sided.

I do agree with this though. ;)

Yes 10 relegation battles in 12 seasons has eroded the support down to only being the second highest average attendance in the division.

Thing is though, if we had one decent season, like you've had the last couple of years, the home attendances would be going through the roof again.

It certainly shows who the loyal supporters are and how many fair weather ones there are hehe...10 relegation battles in 12yrs though, at least you get a satisfying feeling when you survive rather than heartache of play off semis 4 times in 8yrs, actually we've only done top 6 or bottom 6 in all that time as well so seasons have never been boring.

It certainly shows who the loyal supporters are and how many fair weather ones there are hehe...10 relegation battles in 12yrs though, at least you get a satisfying feeling when you survive rather than heartache of play off semis 4 times in 8yrs, actually we've only done top 6 or bottom 6 in all that time as well so seasons have never been boring.

That's the same for us, top 6 or bottom 6 - sadly, mostly bottom 6!

Still, in that time, we've had a crooked regime, an ill-timed foray into the Premier League, and then the biggest achievement is probably paying off about £40m's worth of debt without going into administration. Take note Leicester, Leeds, Portsmouth et al.....

Archived