comedy of errors...aka Florist play offs thread

froggg

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Managing in scotland mate; you do realise that calderwood had a higher win percentage than clough and we sacked calderwood. Says something about the ambition at both clubs really?!

Don't get bitter Tricky, take it swan day at a time mate. If you want a bit of counselling PM me and we can talk swan to swan.

Swan day you'll be able to put all this behind you. :p

Billy was very dignified in defeat last night and instead of hiding away after it he not only thanked the travelling Forest support at the Liberty but also waited at the City Ground at 2am this morning for the away coaches to return and took time out to shake many fans hands and make the vow to come back stronger next season...great gesture and not many managers would do that.

An amazing thing to do given it must be quite a 'low point' for Billy

Billy was very dignified in defeat last night and instead of hiding away after it he not only thanked the travelling Forest support at the Liberty but also waited at the City Ground at 2am this morning for the away coaches to return and took time out to shake many fans hands and make the vow to come back stronger next season...great gesture and not many managers would do that.

Aye, getting the fans behind him, so you'll all blame the board when he goes. He's learnt something from his time at Derby then. Billy Davies never does anything for anybody - apart from Billy Davies.

Michael Brown x 2

Steve Kabba

Paul Peschisolido

Des Waker

Arron Davies x 2

Alan Wright

Marcus Stewart

Lee Morris

Keith Southern

Charlie Adam

Stephen Dobbie x 2

D J Campbell x 3

Leon Britton

Darren Pratley.

You are all complete legends.

....and now the rumour vultures are gathering and circling that Billy is going to be shown the door...

Hello summer of madness.

Always gonna happen, I think you should honour his contract but I suspect he'll be shown the door;)

Aye, getting the fans behind him, so you'll all blame the board when he goes. He's learnt something from his time at Derby then. Billy Davies never does anything for anybody - apart from Billy Davies.

Board over Billy for me everyday of the week...they're there to keep him in his place and to make him concentrate on doing the job with the team..if he goes he goes, i'm glad they've kept a tight rein on him and not given him loads of money to spend willy nilly considering his past history!

Board over Billy for me everyday of the week...they're there to keep him in his place and to make him concentrate on doing the job with the team..if he goes he goes, i'm glad they've kept a tight rein on him and not given him loads of money to spend willy nilly considering his past history!

Oh Gawd! Deluded people.

It'll be interesting to see if Doughty publically backs Billy and makes it clear he wants him to stay.

Good call, Billy said after noonday night he's preparing to sit down with Doughty and discuss a 3rd promotion push but of course thats from his own side of things..the balls in Doughty's court though you're right, last summer Billy caused all kinds of unrest with his non-committed lines so i guess it'll come down to whether he trusts Billy enough to give him a bit of backing for next season. That Rangers job is up for grabs again isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh Gawd! Deluded people.

Noooooo not at all...Earnie's fee makes up about a third of what we've spent (in transfers) and he kept us in the championship and obviously a big part of the promotion push last season and to a lesser degree this one as well. We have players whose stock has risen (Chambers, Mcgugan, Camp etc), i think we'll cut a bit of chaff from the wheat this summer and trim the wagebill a bit but still get a few quality players in without spending mad money (cue Whittingham rumours again!) and look to bring some young players from the academy through. Whether Billy will be the man to do that remains to be seen but Doughty's plan is to keep us going forwards.

Noooooo not at all...Earnie's fee makes up about a third of what we've spent (in transfers) and he kept us in the championship and obviously a big part of the promotion push last season and to a lesser degree this one as well. We have players whose stock has risen (Chambers, Mcgugan, Camp etc), i think we'll cut a bit of chaff from the wheat this summer and trim the wagebill a bit but still get a few quality players in without spending mad money (cue Whittingham rumours again!) and look to bring some young players from the academy through. Whether Billy will be the man to do that remains to be seen but Doughty's plan is to keep us going forwards.

Cue the stellas eh......:)

Well i think that we will finish above you next season, i don't think we will be above mid-table.

I can remember the last time you spent and got to the play-offs. Didn't end well.

the 03 season when Harte took us into the play offs you're referring to?? We ended up signing journeymen and hasbeens back then and that is certainly not our outlook now.. Doughty held his hands up and admitted to making mistakes when we ended up in league 1 because we went into the red whilst still sorting out and paying off old debts from the previous regime and then the Platt era didn't help things either. So in that respect we aren't in any immediate mire with debts owed outside of Doughty incorporated!!

If Derby finish above Forest next season then i would say they'd be pushing a play off spot...and i'd be the first to say fair play and credit to Clough Jr if you manage that.

Certainly an interesting summer of business ahead with both clubs for differing reasons.

Archived