Reading Fans... LOL

JoetheRam

Larger crowds are largely pointless if it's counter-productive, which for us it has been over the last couple of years. Have Derby fans always been as big moaners as we've been in the last 3/4 years? On the players backs within seconds of the match kicking off, as soon as the first misplaced pass makes its way to an opposition player.

There have been a few decent atmospheres in the last couple of years; Forest last year, Man Utd in the league cup semi, Southampton in the playoffs, but they're far to few and far between.

I think we can all pretty much agree on wanting Reading to go up through the playoffs. By process of elimination alone, I can't see many wanting the Welsh to go up, and fewer still backing Forest. ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Larger crowds are largely pointless if it's counter-productive, which for us it has been over the last couple of years. Have Derby fans always been as big moaners as we've been in the last 3/4 years? On the players backs within seconds of the match kicking off, as soon as the first misplaced pass makes its way to an opposition player.

There have been a few decent atmospheres in the last couple of years; Forest last year, Man Utd in the league cup semi, Southampton in the playoffs, but they're far to few and far between.

I think we can all pretty much agree on wanting Reading to go up through the playoffs. By process of elimination alone, I can't see many wanting the Welsh to go up, and fewer still backing Forest. ;)

I want Swansea to go up, absolute treck getting to there. Readings only just over an hour on the train, hope Cardiff do them.

Haven't read previous posts....

.....But, I went to see Florist (I know, I know!) play away to Reading with my brother last season. Was the first game too. And as much as it pains me to say it, The florist fans were COMPLETELY drowning out the home fans.

For as nice as their stadium is (seems set-up for a good atmosphere) their fans completely let them down. There were MANY empty seats and the noise level from the home fans was a shambles.

They didn't even have anything to respond to Florists chants with, Barely led their own chants and sat there dour and miserable. It's the first game of the season guys!!!. Even after the game there were miserable faces and lack of banter.

Living 'down-south' I know just how miserable and stone-faced the majority of us can be, But Reading 'fans' absolutely take the pi$$. If this comment came from any other fans then I wouldn't be so annoyed. In all fairness, Reading is a **** place to go to too.

I could live with Swansea going up, although I'd prefer Reading. Just so long as it's not Forest or Cardiff.

Lets face it if the dogs do go up which is unlikely as we know.....just think of the laughs every time MOTD comes on;):D

Reading are a bit of a souless club but they are well run and unlike us their board have backed their manager properly in the transfer market, and they have rebuilt their squad far better than us over the last 3 years.

I didn't think their fans were too bad yesterday, and at least they gave Sav a round of applause, which he wouldn't have got at many other places. Their '106 points' chant was hilarious and says a lot about their lack of success over the years but at least they have a sense of humour. At least I hope they were singing that ironically.

Anyway, if it means they break the hearts of those Welsh ****** and then the Red Scum in the Playoffs I'm a Reading fan for the rest of the season.

"They do have a very strange accent in Derby though. Even people from Leicester think they sound quite backward."

Has he been to the East Midlands?

If your reading mate, same accent.

Do all Reading fans take everything so serious.

The problem with most clubs in that part of the country is they have no sense of humour. So easy to get a bite.

Anyway, lets not worry about all the Reading fans. We'll see all 3 of them again next season.

Coventry, Leicester, Reading....... just a few clubs that no one really cares about.

Chicken or the egg?

It has been absolutely ***** the last 3-4 years, what's the point of sitting there like performing seals?

BTW, i actually hope Reading go up.

Swansea fans are all Danny Dyers.

Cardiff, well, who doesn't want to see Bellamys face if they fail.

Forest.....

I'm sure they have as many idiots as we do TBH.

A lot of Southerners don't get the football humour up here though do they? And inner London clubs are horrific. Millwall are hilarious for a wind up. A couple of silly songs and they all actually want to fight.

Watford fans always seem the exception to me. They don't really seem to bite at everything.

They're just jealous because we were having a better time than them - and they're in the play-offs. :eek:

As for the 'why do they think they're better than Forest' - Hello, it's called rivalry.

From what I saw in the corner to the right of us - they have their fair share of idiots. I'd be suprised if they didn't - all teams do.

Don't know what their problemo is to be honest. Where's their pride, where's their passion - what's the point?

Reading Fans - Derby are a nothing club

Derby Fans - Reading are a nothing club

22 Clubs in the Championship are nothing clubs to me, I would guess that 23 clubs in the Championship are nothing clubs to Reading fans, and 23 Championship clubs fans see Reading as a nothing club.

All seems pretty straight forward here.

It has been absolutely ***** the last 3-4 years, what's the point of sitting there like performing seals?

I agree that it's been largely rubbish, and I don't think we should be happy about it, but there are times when we're our own worst enemy. We go into games expecting the worst, and barring an early goal for us, as soon as the first pass goes astray there are elements of the crowd who start getting on their backs, and this usually within minutes if not seconds of kick off.

Reading Fans - Derby are a nothing club

Derby Fans - Reading are a nothing club

22 Clubs in the Championship are nothing clubs to me, I would guess that 23 clubs in the Championship are nothing clubs to Reading fans, and 23 Championship clubs fans see Reading as a nothing club.

All seems pretty straight forward here.

Sums it up perfectly.

i'm not sure if this has been posted but the guy how says "Classless derby fans now smacking kids, not shocked at all" has a rangers badge for his avatar. and he calls derby fans classless? does he not know the history of rangers and their disgustingly horrific fans. nobody likes rangers fans and they are continually hated by other fans, uefa, fifa, the rest of the scottish league (bar the sfa themselves who all wear the club tie!)

this really really pi**ed me off as a resident of scotland these so called "football fans" who support rangers are largely racist bigots who get a severe rub of the green when it come to disciplinary sanctions by the SFA.

Manchester to name one instance in recent memory.

f*** the reading fans anyway. nothing club my a**e!

i'm not sure if this has been posted but the guy how says "Classless derby fans now smacking kids, not shocked at all" has a rangers badge for his avatar. and he calls derby fans classless? does he not know the history of rangers and their disgustingly horrific fans. nobody likes rangers fans and they are continually hated by other fans, uefa, fifa, the rest of the scottish league (bar the sfa themselves who all wear the club tie!)

this really really pi**ed me off as a resident of scotland these so called "football fans" who support rangers are largely racist bigots who get a severe rub of the green when it come to disciplinary sanctions by the SFA.

Manchester to name one instance in recent memory.

f*** the reading fans anyway. nothing club my a**e!

That's generally the view i have on Celtic.

SillyBilly
Same here.

"No poppies on our proud hoops". :rolleyes:

Makes you sick doesn't it. We should have left them to Hitler if that is their attitude. Thick as ****.

Archived