Reading Fans... LOL

JoetheRam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SillyBilly

LOL. They can call Derby what they want but regardless of size we're a "proper" football club and they're not. They really are tinpot. Souless. I suppose they need someone to hate after the mighty Aldershot went bust in '92. Says it all. I'm guessing they've spent most of their history in and around div 3, possibly champ level. Whereas we're top division. Need the good times to come back, we've given too much ammunition to clubs like Donny and Reading to have a pop at us in recent years.

"I don't think we've seen a more annoying, cretinous bunch of self-appreciating retards for quite some time"

One of the best sentences ever constructed. Quite frankly they were some of the worst home fans I've ever come across.

The pitch invasion attempt was poor to be fair.

It could have been better, but the stewards stood their ground a bit too well. Normally they just melt away don't they?

They are on the same level as Coventry for home support. Maybe slightly better as at least they tried to have a go at us.

They seem to be another club who are bitter towards us for no reason other than we went on the pitch once against them and laughed at them when they got relegated. Bit like Southampton in that respect (obviously that was Promotion mind).

Worst ground location ever as well.

Silly people - we were only having a laugh - have they got a sense of humour? They obviously take us more seriously than we do.

Dunno how they can say we are arrogant when all they sang was 'we are going up' and such like.

Not a team I know much about to be fair. Well, we'll no doubt see them again next season. :rolleyes:

Reading:

League titles - 0

FA Cup winners - 0

League Cup winners - 0

European competition - No

Reading fans thinking they're a big club, make Leicester fans seem rational. :D

Yeah, but they are sponsored by Waitrose though.

A real salt-of-the-earth sorta club.

Apparently Reading's biggest rivalry was with Aldershot. Woooooo!

Now that Aldershot are no more, it's Oxford and Swindon.

If I were a Reading fan, and I had those local 'derbies' to look forward to, I think I'd slit my wrists.

SillyBilly
I find it adorable that Reading fancy themselves as a big club :)

Please tell me that is a joke! We're probably a large medium sized club. Won league titles before, cups, been in Europe, founder member, historically a top flight club more often that not, nice stadium, top class training complex, usually the largest or second largest fanbase in the Champ and about top 12 in the country. Reading can't even hold a candle to any of that. Clubs like Leeds (big club), both Sheff teams, Forest (pains me to say it) may struggle from time to time, as we are but natural order will always prevail. Reading are just another Wigan, tinpot club bankrolled by a wealthy chairman.

Please tell me that is a joke! We're probably a large medium sized club. Won league titles before, cups, been in Europe, founder member, historically a top flight club more often that not, nice stadium, top class training complex, usually the largest or second largest fanbase in the Champ and about top 12 in the country. Reading can't even hold a candle to any of that. Clubs like Leeds (big club), both Sheff teams, Forest (pains me to say it) may struggle from time to time, as we are but natural order will always prevail. Reading are just another Wigan, tinpot club bankrolled by a wealthy chairman.

Ermmm..in respone to that....what? I think you need to re-read my post.

just had a look at the link - they've linked this thread to theirs now!

Apparently, we are gorillas and mongs amongst other things.

TBF half of the posts on there are fairly complimentary, just a few gobby herberts, one especially with a rather unhealthy interest in floristry.

Is he an exiled reddog?

SillyBilly
Ermmm..in respone to that....what? I think you need to re-read my post.

:confused: I've basically used your post to suggest why I think we're a bigger club than Reading but not even ourselves that "big". Hope that clears it up.

Thought quite highly of Reading before I saw the link. Still do, just didn't realise they also had their fare-share of idiotic forumers.

They probably don't realise, but the reason why we have so many cretins is that we've got a big fan base that's had nothing to do for several years. The football is at best boring, at worst depressing, so really the only thing left to do it wind up other fans and biccer amongst ourselves.

Many of clubs' fans have simply given up - see Coventry, Sheffield Weds and 'Boro. But you don't get rid of us that easy :)

Apparently Reading's biggest rivalry was with Aldershot. Woooooo!

Now that Aldershot are no more, it's Oxford and Swindon.

If I were a Reading fan, and I had those local 'derbies' to look forward to, I think I'd slit my wrists.

Reading fan here, thought your fans were in decent voice today, good turn out shame about the shambles at the end.

You may get the odd fan that has just started supporting Reading that think we are a bigger club than we are, but not many.

With regard to the above post, Aldershot will be very shocked to hear of their demise, however Lincoln will be much more pleased about it.

Archived