Reading Fans... LOL

JoetheRam

Size of club means eff all if you don't have the right players, managment & board. Reading have that and we don't.

Look at Wigan, Wimbledon in the 80's & 90's, they were/are "tiny" clubs, but the they had the right set-up and are/were clubs that have enjoyed long spells in the top flight. The last time we had a spell as long in the top flight as long as Wigan's we were Champions of England.

I expect our attendances to fall next year anyway.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:confused: I've basically used your post to suggest why I think we're a bigger club than Reading but not even ourselves that "big". Hope that clears it up.

That's exactly my viewpoint, but I wasn't commenting on our size at all. I just said I thought it funny in the way they were talking as if they were somehow bigger and more important than us.

So wasn't sure why you said "I hope you're joking".

I've perhaps been a little harsh on Reading but do they really hate us that much?

That's exactly my viewpoint, but I wasn't commenting on our size at all. I just said I thought it funny in the way they were talking as if they were somehow bigger and more important than us.

I've perhaps been a little harsh on Reading but do they really hate us that much?

Reading don't really hate anyone apart from Swindon and Oxford. You always get a few people spouting off but I'm sure you realise that's the same with any club.

Got to respect Derby for the loyalty your fans have shown this season. I lived in Derby for 12 years so have many Rams friends. Hope next season is better for you but at the same time, hope we won't be playing you! ;)

SillyBilly

Well, in that case, I guess I wasn't confident enough to extrapolate your viewpoint from a single sentance. ;)

Couldn't care less if they did to be brutally honest. They're as much small fry to us as we probably are to Leeds United. Totally inconsequential. As it happens, they've been better than us on the field for the last 10 years and that is the only thing that matters. Fairplay to them.

SillyBilly
Size of club means eff all if you don't have the right players, managment & board. Reading have that and we don't.

Look at Wigan, Wimbledon in the 80's & 90's, they were/are "tiny" clubs, but the they had the right set-up and are/were clubs that have enjoyed long spells in the top flight. The last time we had a spell as long in the top flight as long as Wigan's we were Champions of England.

I expect our attendances to fall next year anyway.

Totally agree. Only an idiot would argue counterwise. Although, being a big club makes it more likely that the infrastructure will fall into place more often than not. Wigan I suspect are enjoying what will be the pinnacle of their history. They're flying high, congrats to them but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in league 1 or 2 in 10 years time with crowds of 5k.

Totally agree. Only an idiot would argue counterwise. Although, being a big club makes it more likely that the infrastructure will fall into place more often than not. Wigan I suspect are enjoying what will be the pinnacle of their history. They're flying high, congrats to them but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in league 1 or 2 in 10 years time with crowds of 5k.

Yeah, think Wigan will suffer when the come down. Still, they have had a decent go at it! I would love to see us play in a major cup final (like Wigan did) before I die, sadly I think 2009 was our chance and we blow it in 45 mins at OT.

Thought the reception for Savage was superb today. He has been the court jester, loathed by opposition fans all over the country and also by some of his own clubs fans.

However after 631 games he deserved a great send off from everybody that was there.

To the comment about hating you, I'm hoping we become your best friends at Wembley on 30th! ;)

SillyBilly

To the comment about hating you, I'm hoping we become your best friends at Wembley on 30th! ;)

Certainly with you on that one. I'd love Reading to be promoted, rather that than the welshies or Forest.

Thought the reception for Savage was superb today. He has been the court jester, loathed by opposition fans all over the country and also by some of his own clubs fans.

However after 631 games he deserved a great send off from everybody that was there.

If you beat Forest that would be the best thing you've done since signing the shirt-sponsor deal with Waitrose :)

Really dont understand why the hell they are even saying all this.....

We were all having a laugh?! why are they taking it to heart.....We have had a horrible season, witnessing some horrible football and horrible results...we have absoulty nothing to play for.....Its all banter, laughs and just a party to see this season out. They do outline we have nothing to celebrate which we havent but what we going to do sit down and do nothing all because we have nothing to play for.

Thats what last day of the seasons about....good away following, fancy dress, balloons beach balls etc being pinged around from start to finish and generally just piss about and have a laugh. When their second goal went in I thought it was a brilliant site watching all the Derby celebrate it with them to that 'lets play darts' tune...

Nothing to play for Reading, why in a million years would we take this game seriously??! If you had beaten us 6-0 we would have been in the same tune of voice cant say one Derby fan really cared it was about the day out, piss up and laughs.

Talking to my Derby-supporting friend (who came to the match and sat with me in the East Stand) it sounds like Derby fans often invade their own pitch. They risk a 3 year ban if they do.

You what? Apart from the end of the season, since when do we "often invade" our own pitch. Think his "Derby-supporting friend" could be a red dog in disguise lol

Reading's pathetic support

For my sins I was actually stood (sat) in with them just to the right of the Derby fans, I went with a good mate and his son.

For a team who are in the playoffs the lack of atmosphere not been created was astonishing, I sent a text to my brother suggesting the Reading fans wouldn't feel out of place in a trapest monastery.

Yes their ground will be full for the playoff match against Cardiff, full of TVTs (Thames Valley Twits) who were yesterday being dragged round the shops by their 'better halves'. Sorry they can't afford to go to the shops after loosing all their money through the 'banking' crisis

Reading - 19000 average attendance (does that also include London Irish?)

The Rams - 26000+ (after the season we've had!)

26000+ (after the season we've had!)

More like after the last 4 seasons we've had! It's remarkable that we're still pulling in 25k+ after the horror show that's been the last 4 years.

Just goes to show how many lifelong fans we generated in TBE years.

Undoubtedly you are a far bigger club than Reading have ever been.

And yes your average home attendance is larger than our capacity.

There are many Reading fans that would love a better atmosphere but we have what we have. Mainly due to the fact that it has only been in the last 10 years or so that Reading have enjoyed any form of continued success.

We are still building our fan base, which is coming hand in hand with this continued success. You have averaged large crowds for a considerable time, ours are growing constantly, hopefully bringing in many fans for the future.

The whole club policy is based on building for the future, there are many bigger clubs that wish they had adopted that policy a few years ago.

I like Derby, I know how passionate your fans can be. Who knows if our policy is successful, maybe in a few years time, we can match that passion.

You are a club with big history and a big fanbase, with this comes big expectations. We're not there on any of those levels yet.

Archived