blackNwhites Life Story (split from Transfer thread)

That second part was a passing joke. Assuming your response was in reference to this.

I can assure you mate in the parts I've just mentioned they do bother you, more than that I can remember in England, but then again I've never been to so called holiday destinations in England. (Blackpool, Brighton, Bournemouth, Grimsby;) ) etc.

Vancouver is terrible. In the city centre you can't walk more than 50-100 yards without the homeless asking for money. It got that bad they actually shipped a lot of them out the city when The Olympics came around. (Or so they said)

Never been to Vancouver.

If I have any problems with the homless in future I will let you know so you can provide me with a detailed step by step to what I should do OR I can carry on walking.

Unless I have got some change that I really don't want, then the second option works best for both of us.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK just don't buy into it when they say they have relatives from either The UK or Ireland. Everyone from Vancouver seems to have a relative from these regions, and they'll (homeless) use it as bait to keep you talking.

They say it's incorrect to lie, but I must have told at least 15 lies a day in Vancouver just to keep the homeless away. My favourite one being (I'm also homeless but at least I have the decency to tell the people what I'm going to do with the money - Reference to drugs and alcohol)

OK just don't buy into it when they say they have relatives from either The UK or Ireland. Everyone from Vancouver seems to have a relative from these regions, and they'll (homeless) use it as bait to keep you talking.

They say it's incorrect to lie, but I must have told at least 15 lies a day in Vancouver just to keep the homeless away. My favourite one being (I'm also homeless but at least I have the decency to tell the people what I'm going to do with the money - Reference to drugs and alcohol)

Fair does lol.

I just had a look at Vancouver on the internet and it looks like a nice place.

I think your pretty brave. I would hate a homeless guy being near me.

I would feel sorry for you, if you wasn't such an arris, always going on about how much better your life is, his much more money, blah, blah, blah, you must live a really sheltered life. Take a peek out the window, the Sun is shining, maybe open it, just a little, and get a bit of fresh air, might help your brain work properly also.:D:p

Yeh sure, poor education :confused:

Please don't act like you care because really I don't. I have my own things to be doing and taking care of so people judging me who are probably worse then me really means nothing to me. Nice try though.

What qualifies you as being 'better'?

This isn't my life story by the way! Mere snippets, although if you want my life story it's £9.99.

I would feel sorry for you, if you wasn't such an arris, always going on about how much better your life is, his much more money, blah, blah, blah, you must live a really sheltered life. Take a peek out the window, the Sun is shining, maybe open it, just a little, and get a bit of fresh air, might help your brain work properly also.:D:p

Sheltered life?

I go out with friends to Chezzy, Sheff, MDH, Derby and Birmingham and Derby away games. I get free VIP at Sheff Utd games but that doesn't really count.

I didn't choose my life or what family I was born into.

The only problems I face in life is the battery on my phone and a career choice of being a vet.

If I wanted to help and take part in charity for homeless I would but I prefer doing stuff for people that have illnesses e.g. cancer.

Young homeless people I can deal with but ones with Drug and alcohol I really could not care about one bit unless they try talking to me.

What qualifies you as being 'better'?

This isn't my life story by the way! Mere snippets, although if you want my life story it's £9.99.

I never said I'm better. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Great, write a book about it and I'll buy it but I won't read it. UNLESS it is and audio tape/CD but I will miss most parts anyway.

The only problems I face in life are the battery on my phone and a career choice of being a vet.

What point are you making with that statement?

Someone said something about reality or facing the real world.

Ok then, how is a career choice as a vet a problem?

I really like animals and am thinking (as it is one of my realistic options) of becoming a vet but people keep on saying how heartbreaking it is.

I really like animals and am thinking (as it is one of my realistic options) of becoming a vet but people keep on saying how heartbreaking it is.

Aye, fair enough. I guess you'd be able to take solace in the animals you managed to save.

There are worse problems to have though.... :D

Aye, fair enough. I guess you'd be able to take solace in the animals you managed to save.

There are worse problems to have though.... :D

Something I really need to give thought to. But only another year to decide and just seems to much at the moment. Zoologist and Marine Biologist are really my only other options.

Something I really need to give thought to. But only another year to decide and just seems to much at the moment. Zoologist and Marine Biologist are really my only other options.

Oh ay, are you lower sixth as well or are you doing a gap year? Been looking at unis yet?

Oh ay, are you lower sixth as well or are you doing a gap year? Been looking at unis yet?

Just finishing my first year of A levels at college as I wanted to go somewhere different from all my friends. I'm not sure about a gap year but Manchester University is my top choice.

"so people judging me who are probably worse then me really means nothing to me".

Can I suggest you avoid any career path that involves diplomacy or humility? :D

I meant it as in does less for homeless people and charitys.

Why would I say how good I am when I already know I'm amazing?:rolleyes: (JK)

Just finishing my first year of A levels at college as I wanted to go somewhere different from all my friends. I'm not sure about a gap year but Manchester University is my top choice.

any particular reason? or just for the sake of doing something different. To be honest plan b you come across as very sheltered. I wouldn't say I've had a particularly hard life but I know the realities of it. To dislike poor people is outrageous.

I never said I'm better. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Great, write a book about it and I'll buy it but I won't read it. UNLESS it is and audio tape/CD but I will miss most parts anyway.

Yeh sure, poor education

Please don't act like you care because really I don't. I have my own things to be doing and taking care of so people judging me who are probably worse then me really means nothing to me. Nice try though.

I don't know about you Plan B, you're only 16 so you're probably not old enough to understand things can be complicated sometimes. Which i can understand, i was pretty sheltered myself at that age, had high hopes, everything planned out. The kids that i work with are about your age actually.

Some of them have come from 'broken' homes, their parents are drug addicts, alcoholics, thugs, uneducated. Some are exceptionally shy, withdrawn and have suffered extreme bullying from kids at school, or even their parents. Depends on their surroundings. Many are abused physically, psychologically...sexually.

These people actively quit society, they don't want anything to do with anyone because for all they know everybody out there thinks the same way. They have no experience of kindness, love etc.. Only abuse. Some turn to drugs, some are 'used' by stronger people (physically or mentally).

When i first lived in sheltered accommodation i lived with a girl with Aspergers Syndrome (on the Autism spectrum) whose mum had divorced her father and had a mental breakdown. Threw this girl out onto the streets and left her to fend for herself. She was abused by landlords, 'friends' and was pretty suicidal herself. Used to cut her wrists everyday. Wouldn't eat. Her mum eventually ended up in a psychological ward. This girl is doing pretty well for herself now, no longer borderline anorexic, but still withdrawn from society. Doesn't trust anyone easily.

Pretty tough. She wasn't much older than you.

Nobody asks for it, just environment influences those who occupy it. Nature over nurture.

Lots of bad people, lots of good people. Doesn't matter what 'class' they are from. If you've ever read George Orwells 1984 you might understand how that works.

Don't be to quick to judge, in my opinion you have a very old fashioned opinion of ignorance. But you're only 16, so how can you understand, like i said, i was very naive at that age myself.

Good luck with your ambitions though young man, Zoology is very interesting. Would love to do something like that myself. Learning about wildlife around the world. I do it as a hobby.

Archived