Michael Owen - Manchester United

Sir Me

99% no.

However with losing our big media link in Savage maybe we're looking to replace that with another marquee signing.

We know how the MLS works with D. Becks and Henry. Maybe Owen's finally caught the attention of our invisible American board members and they fancy bankrolling it.

Personally I think he'll be a Leicester next season.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apparently Bloomfield had cloughie on the radio at 6 chatting about the owen rumour. Did anyone catch it and what was said?

Clough said it was total rubbish and many more stupid stories like this will be floating around over the summer.

Clough said it was total rubbish and many more stupid stories like this will be floating around over the summer.

The fact that this story has only appeared in The Metro is probably enough evidence that the story holds not weight.

However, does Bloomfield really think NC would admit on radio if we were trying to make a cheeky signing like this?

The fact that this story has only appeared in The Metro is probably enough evidence that the story holds not weight.

However, does Bloomfield really think NC would admit on radio if we were trying to make a cheeky signing like this?

http://www.michaelowenonline.com/

It is the same story but it is on his official fansite, who knows...though i'll believe it when i see him holding aloft the Rams scarf on the pitch.

Nigel Clough has branded reports linking Michael Owen with a move to Derby as 'silly' speculation.

It had been claimed that the Rams were planning an audacious summer raid for the England international striker.

With Owen's contract at Manchester United set to expire, Derby were said to have pieced together a £1.5million package to lure him to Pride Park.

Clough, though, has laughed off the rumours and has sought to distance the club from such talk.

He admits he is in the market for quality recruits, but insists he has no plans to make an approach for Owen.

"The rumour has come from the internet, I understand, and that is where it belongs," Clough said in the Derby Telegraph.

"Silly 'names' are going to be bandied around but we have identified our targets.

"We can expect this type of thing over the coming weeks but some of the rumours are going to be more ridiculous than others and certainly the Michael Owen rumour fits into that category.

"It is unfortunate Kenny Dalglish has just gone back into management because we could have gone for him as well!"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6914049,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I'm glad Clough talks about Kenny Dalglish that way, hopefully we can get some quality loans from Liverpool. Their youngsters have been breath of fresh air this season, Dalglish has done an excellent job in such a short time.

I know it's crap, but if Michael Owen came here, he'd be excellent. When he came on against Shalke last night he played really well. Such an intelligent forward. One move where he was wrongly flagged offside was cheeky. Bent down pretending to pull up his socks, waited for the defense to get level, soon as they were made his run (think it was Scholes or Rooney who noticed him) and was away. Poor officials last night.

Sign him up! Owen is a legend!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived