Michael Owen - Manchester United

Sir Me

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The £1.5m package will make his wage around 28k a week....hardly realistic if we're getting rid of the likes of Savage, Varney etc who are reported to be on around the 10k mark. As I said above, I'm not holding much luck.

I would love to see Owen at Derby, doubt it will happen but we can all dream. It could possibly be the most inspired signing in our recent history with him being fit and showing himself for the world class finisher he can be, or he would turn up, get fat and injured dining on our money!

Realistically he wouldn't even think about joining Derby though.

The £1.5m package will make his wage around 28k a week....hardly realistic if we're getting rid of the likes of Savage, Varney etc who are reported to be on around the 10k mark. As I said above, I'm not holding much luck.

£15k a week, £250k signing on fee. £3K appearance bonus there's £1.13m add in goal and win bonusses, play-off/promotion bonus wouldn't take much to get up to £1.5 million

Just an uneducated guess at how a £1.5m package might get put together.

Savage is on £15k a week, wonder what other bonusses for appearances and wins he gts.

Just spoken to my source, who without revealing names is at the top of the club.

There is no substance at all in the report and the first they knew about it is when I informed him just now. So there's no need for this thread to stay open.

Realistically he wouldn't even think about joining Derby though.

If there were forums and rumour machines back in the day I think there may have been similar comments about Mr Mackay.

My old man keeps going on about when was the last time Derby signed a player and when you told someone they called you a liar.

The sort if signing that would make people take notice.

The sort of signing that could attract players.

For my Dad it was big Dave. He told his dad and was severely told of for telling lies.

Why would Oweb cone to us? Be a big fish in a little pond (compared to other players at the club). Get noticed again - we have had one championship striker make it to the England Squad this year. After all there is a Euro Champs next summer, we need some experience in the England squad.

Might be talking Bolocks, probably am, but it made me smile writing it.

It's not that straight forward though EKR.

You have to factor in an upturn in merchandise sales/season ticket sales and therefore more matchday income.

Also helps attracting players. £1.5 million would pay for itself.

Not saying i think it's true, but i think it's something the American owners would have thought about doing.

It's not that straight forward though EKR.

You have to factor in an upturn in merchandise sales/season ticket sales and therefore more matchday income.

Also helps attracting players. £1.5 million would pay for itself.

Not saying i think it's true, but i think it's something the American owners would have thought about doing.

Fair points which i hadnt considered, playing wise i dont think he would be a great addition.

This has to be the biggest joke I've heard all day.

Personally I think there's more chance of Theo Robinson scoring a well controlled volley from the half way line against Reading than Owen signing for us.

This has to be the biggest joke I've heard all day.

Personally I think there's more chance of Theo Robinson scoring a well controlled volley from the half way line against Reading than Owen signing for us.

would so laugh if he did this

Archived