season 2010/11, good things

ilkleyram

some good things from this season:

we are safe for another year. Another year to look forward to without the premiership nonsense

the good run - we played better football during it than we have for many years

Alberto Bueno - on form and in the mood he was/is wonderful to watch

John Brayford - my player of the season; consistent and good throughout

The board - 10/10 for not sacking NC when it would have been easier to do so. It takes balls to ignore the crowd, and better a board with balls than not. Time will tell whether you are right or not.

And for holding season ticket prices, yet again.

Mr Savage - well done on finding a new career; thank you for your effort and the occasional glimpse that you are a better footballer than your reputation suggests; thank you for showing everyone that skill without effort is a waste of talent. And above all, for at least appearing to enjoy playing professional football for a living

Nigel Clough - for dignity throughout and for dragging a performance out of the team when we needed it most (v Swansea). And for your honesty (sometimes too much)

Kris Commons - not for going, though that's tempting - but for some moments of sublime skill, for trying a bit harder than before and for the goal against the S**m last year

Shaun Barker - for playing through no end of pain/discomfort, I would imagine

James Bailey - well done on making the step up. Don't forget that the second season is harder

Steve Davis - on coming back from a horrendous injury and consistently trying hard

Ben Davies - my goal of the season (so far)

Daniel Ayala - he can be good when he's older and if he keeps developing

Paul Green - I like having a current international during international weeks. Good luck with the recovery, Greenie.

Gordon Guthrie - for another year for the ultimate of all club servants

The Club - for all its efforts in the wider community

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board - 10/10 for not sacking NC when it would have been easier to do so. It takes balls to ignore the crowd, and better a board with balls than not. Time will tell whether you are right or not.

- and for sticking to a very tight budget !

No.1 positive for me - STABILITY

we are safe for another year. Another year to look forward to without the premiership nonsense

Mr Savage - well done on finding a new career; thank you for your effort and the occasional glimpse that you are a better footballer than your reputation suggests; thank you for showing everyone that skill without effort is a waste of talent. And above all, for at least appearing to enjoy playing professional football for a living

Nigel Clough - for dignity throughout and for dragging a performance out of the team when we needed it most (v Swansea). And for your honesty (sometimes too much)

Kris Commons - not for going, though that's tempting - but for some moments of sublime skill, for trying a bit harder than before and for the goal against the S**m last year

James Bailey - well done on making the step up. Don't forget that the second season is harder

Steve Davis - on coming back from a horrendous injury and consistently trying hard

Paul Green - I like having a current international during international weeks. Good luck with the recovery, Greenie.

Good post.

I'd also like to include the emergence of Frank Fielding, who could turn out to be one the best goalkeepers outside the Premier League - certainly based on his outstanding performances for DCFC, I'd rather have him in goal than Daddy's Boy down the 52...

Bring on next season.

Amazing how it is regarded as a good thing that we stayed up, I remember the beginning of the season how so many fans were stating that a mid table finish was a certainty and a promotion push was not out of the question.

Taking out a purple patch, this has been a truly dire season, in which both Management and board has contributed, it is a very blinkered view to think otherwise.

Time will tell whether we have the team in place to take us forward, I personally do not believe that it will happen, and we will have another season that sees us make a backward or sideways step, I hope to be proved wrong.

Some people are easily pleased, almost everyone at the start of the season stated that a mid table finish would be satisfactory. Survival is pleasing based on the last couple of months but the bigger picture is that this has been a terrible season where both the board and manager havent performed. There's been plenty of positives as said above, but there's been far more significant negatives.

Amazing how it is regarded as a good thing that we stayed up, I remember the beginning of the season how so many fans were stating that a mid table finish was a certainty and a promotion push was not out of the question.

Taking out a purple patch, this has been a truly dire season, in which both Management and board has contributed, it is a very blinkered view to think otherwise.

Time will tell whether we have the team in place to take us forward, I personally do not believe that it will happen, and we will have another season that sees us make a backward or sideways step, I hope to be proved wrong.

I will bet you £100 we finish higher than 19th next season.

Who were those supporters? I certainly wasn't one.

We have stayed up selling our best striker in August, and one of the most talented players we've had in years half way through the season, without replacing them.

It's blinkered to have expected more.

But you can't take out the purple patch as it was part of our season. That argument could be worked the other way - "if you took out the crap patch .... blah blah".

We stayed up - there was some good stuff , some brilliant stuff and some crap stuff with the rest being very ordinary. One thing it hasn't been (and rarely is for a Rams fan) is boring.

The summer could be an interesting time and I am already looking forward to next season. UTR

Well posted, Ilkleyram, lets take all of the positives forward to the next season and with the promise of new additions to the squad, take the league by storm. COYR

But you can't take out the purple patch as it was part of our season. That argument could be worked the other way - "if you took out the crap patch .... blah blah".

We stayed up - there was some good stuff , some brilliant stuff and some crap stuff with the rest being very ordinary. One thing it hasn't been (and rarely is for a Rams fan) is boring.

The summer could be an interesting time and I am already looking forward to next season. UTR

Your right, you shouldnt, but I was trying to find some positives from the season, the problem is that the crap patch was for the majority of the season, hence why we are as low as we are.

This season has been predictable, started the season off well, played some good stuff, then due to both selling players, failing to replace and the lack of investment into a squad resulted in a terrible run, I cannot see how a move backwards on last season can be seen as anything but failure ?

Last season we were bemoaning the lack of a striker, this season we have gone backwards at a rate of knots and have lacked cover in many positions, how can people praise the board for this is beyond me.

Archived