Millwall fans banned.......

uttoxram75

Four Millwall supporters have been permanently banned from the football club's games after antagonising rival fans.

During Saturday's win over Leeds, the fans were ejected from the New Den ground in south London after waving Turkish flags.

In April 2000 two Leeds supporters were stabbed to death by Turkish fans ahead of a clash with Galatasaray.

Millwall said it "deplored" the fans' actions.

The club said in a statement: "Millwall Football Club strongly condemns the inflammatory behaviour of certain individuals who waved Turkish flags and shirts during Saturday's match with Leeds United.

"The club deplore these actions, which were were totally unacceptable and detracted from what should have been a memorable game for both Millwall and Leeds United supporters.

"Following incidents during the match, four people were ejected from the ground on Saturday for waving Turkish flags and have been banned indefinitely by Millwall FC. Six Leeds United supporters were also arrested."

Leeds United chief executive Shaun Harvey said: "We were disturbed by some of the things we witnessed.

"As clubs, we have to be responsible for the behaviour of our fans."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13038849

Should they have been banned?

Is there a line not to be crossed or should fans expect rivals to wind them up anyway they can?

I can remember songs about child abuse to Boro fans once after an investigation on Teeside and many other examples of close to the knuckle stuff over the years.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im a bit of a hypocrite, many controversial chants don't particularly bother me, but I think flaunting the flag and shirt about is a bit too far.

similar to what i make of it, yeah a chant here and there is accepted by everyone but showing flag's and shirt's in that manner seem's they are proud and happy of what happened and it's a step too far

Totally unacceptable behaviour with no thought to the families of those murdered in a brutal and savage attack.

I'm not sure if those involved have been banned from every ground in the country and not just The New Den but that's what should happen.

I just hope our fans don't go down this route tomorrow evening and drag our club in to the gutter in the process.

quite an amusing read, alls fair in football imo

Ye, some funny comments on that thread. To be fair, although i dont agree with what they were doing, it's the same as peadophile, munich and hillsborough chants, if you're guna ban these Millwall fans be prepared to ban people every week.

millwall really have no class at all, even there fans reactions say it all, didn't see any denial, just trying to blame leeds fans inatead

Leeds fans are just as bad if not worse. Yes the actions of some Millwall fans on saturday were deplorable, but then again, shouting about the Munich air disaster to Man United fans isn't?

Disgusting behaviour.........

Chanting Munich. Also disgusting.

Ban every fan who acts in that kind of disprespectful way.

what aload of bolo x, thats part n parcel of football, the more you get under someones skin the better!!

what aload of bolo x, thats part n parcel of football, the more you get under someones skin the better!!

Unbelievable. Hope that's a 'nice' bit of dry humour.

If not, Then I think it is that sort of narrow-minded, moronic behaviour that breeds disgust in football grounds up and down the country....and all over the world. Friendly banter.........Fine. Pretending to take joy in the unnecessary death of people is disgusting.

I mean, let's be honest. That's what it is. It's single brain celled fools that are literally pretending to revel in someones death. Sick. They weren't doing back-flips and shouting 'get in' when the leeds fans were stabbed. They were probably sad, or thought less of it.

What the Millwall fans (And other fans regarding this/munich etc.) did was shameful and should in no-way be encouraged.

Someone tell these Millwall fans that their ground isn't so intimidating when it's half empty.

Small club. Empty ground. Rubbish fans with rubbish songs and no sense of humour because they are all thick.

Hard to feel sorry for Leeds. Hypocrites.

Same old London club forum though that is. All living in a Danny Dyer film.

Just had a butchers at a Millwall forum.....

http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=20673&page=1

Page 2 of the comments..

QUOTES BELOW...

WE DON'T WANT YOUR SYMPATHY, RESPECT OR APPROVAL. WE ARE F*****G HORRIBLE AND HAVE NO PLANS TO CHANGE.

Well done Millwall fans, we have done our job once again.

Total credit.

END QUOTES.

I'm sorry but I really can't believe I've just read these horrible things. It is extremely bad taste and completely deplorable. Also to encourage their kids to do the same??? Disgusting.

Any fan from any club doing these things should be banned from going anywhere near a stadium again. Can someone shed any light as to why the police didn't act?

What a horrendous bunch of animals.

Page 2 of the comments..

QUOTES BELOW...

WE DON'T WANT YOUR SYMPATHY, RESPECT OR APPROVAL. WE ARE F*****G HORRIBLE AND HAVE NO PLANS TO CHANGE.

Well done Millwall fans, we have done our job once again.

Total credit.

END QUOTES.

I'm sorry but I really can't believe I've just read these horrible things. It is extremely bad taste and completely deplorable. Also to encourage their kids to do the same??? Disgusting.

Any fan from any club doing these things should be banned from going anywhere near a stadium again. Can someone shed any light as to why the police didn't act?

What a horrendous bunch of animals.

I think that the police didn't do anything at the game because there wasn't anything they could do.

Their actions might have been completely disrespectful but can you arrest someone for waving a Turkish flag or wearing a Turkey shirt?

I think the police would have found it hard to warrant wading in there and arresting 200 people for insighting a riot.

complete scum, but don't let any Leeds fan come the righteous route, they are complete scum too.

I think that the police didn't do anything at the game because there wasn't anything they could do.

Their actions might have been completely disrespectful but can you arrest someone for waving a Turkish flag or wearing a Turkey shirt?

I think the police would have found it hard to warrant wading in there and arresting 200 people for insighting a riot.

complete scum, but don't let any Leeds fan come the righteous route, they are complete scum too.

Agree with you there about Leeds fans - although having said that, I don't like to tarr them all with the same brush...

I thought the police would have acted when it clearly provoked so many, that must have been like waving a red rag at a bull.

On the flip side, it say's in that letter that Leeds fans ripped up a couple of chairs due to the level of provacation they had to endure. I guess they don't do themselves any favours because 2 wrongs aren't going to make a right are they?

Still, going by the comments from Millwall 'fans' who have no problem promoting these kind of actions and certain Leeds fans who have sung chants about Munich, they're both as bad as each other.

Archived