Millwall fans banned.......

uttoxram75

You are missing the point completely, and TBH, i really can't be bothered to explain.

Nah I think you are taking it too far. No matter what you say people are still going to sing it and get under other peoples skin.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah I think you are taking it too far. No matter what you say people are still going to sing it and get under other peoples skin.

too true plan b,

i would sing anything, do anything to get under someones skin, thats me, thats my nature, if people cant hack it then dont attend where its liable to be sung!:mad:

too true plan b,

i would sing anything, do anything to get under someones skin, thats me, thats my nature, if people cant hack it then dont attend where its liable to be sung!:mad:

Or sit the furthest away possible. Fans support the team and make the opposing fans look like they have bad support.

If you banned those kind of chants in every league all over the world then that still would not be enough, it would still happen.

FGS I know I am not going to stop people singing these type of songs, and I am not trying to!!!

My original point was that you found it funny singing about CR dying in his car crash, you found it funny wishing someone else dead. That is a couple of steps away from actually killing someone yourself :p

Or sit the furthest away possible. Fans support the team and make the opposing fans look like they have bad support.

If you banned those kind of chants in every league all over the world then that still would not be enough, it would still happen.

yet again plan b. applaud you. i admire someone who has the bolox to say what they think,

ok i know some of the political correct brigage will be typing after this , but before you spill your hot chocolate over the jumper that aunty enid has knitted for you remeber this , its a feckin real world out there .

FGS I know I am not going to stop people singing these type of songs, and I am not trying to!!!

My original point was that you found it funny singing about CR dying in his car crash, you found it funny wishing someone else dead. That is a couple of steps away from actually killing someone yourself :p

What you on about?

Ronaldo is my favourite player so why would I want him dead? It was someone else that said it was funny. I don't find anyone dying funny not even f*rest players.

yet again plan b. applaud you. i admire someone who has the bolox to say what they think,

ok i know some of the political correct brigage will be typing after this , but before you spill your hot chocolate over the jumper that aunty enid has knitted for you remeber this , its a feckin real world out there .

I have the bollo x to say what I think Trig - and I say I disagree with this being linked to political correctness.

Singing about someone dying in a tunnel? The Munich crash? Singing about hoping that a kid gets cancer? (No wonder Becks gave them the finger, I would have done the same).

Nothing to do with pc crap at all - just a matter of common decency in my eyes.

It's always going to happen though isn't it? I wouldn't stay away from a match just because these things are sung, I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I wouldn't join in with it simply because it's not the kind of thing that makes me tick.

Me hot chocolate's still intact ;)

I have the bollo x to say what I think Trig - and I say I disagree with this being linked to political correctness.

Singing about someone dying in a tunnel? The Munich crash? Singing about hoping that a kid gets cancer? (No wonder Becks gave them the finger, I would have done the same).

It's always going to happen though isn't it? I wouldn't stay away from a match just because these things are sung, I'd be cutting my nose off to spite my face, but I wouldn't join in with it simply because it's not the kind of thing that makes me tick.

Exactly.

Its bad that people sing about it but it doesn't get in my way and it doesn't stop me from doing what I want

just my opinion, ladyram,

i have a warped sense of humour , so anything is fair for me ,

this sort of thing wont stop , even with the christian brigade trying to get it halted!

just my opinion, ladyram,

i have a warped sense of humour , so anything is fair for me ,

this sort of thing wont stop , even with the christian brigade trying to get it halted!

Fair do's Trig - each to their own an all that :D

as i said before what a load of bolox!!

taunting the opposition has always been a part of the english culture,

i remember being at the city ground watching the rams play and a pigs head was hurled over the RAILINGS, then a chourus of ,

where,s your brother gone , jonny robertson, beind sung to the tune of chirpy cheep cheep,

that was the eighties , so nothings changed ,its just got a bit harsher,

so all you political correct brigade who think its out of order go and watch the feckin american baseball league!

Pigs head, That was done at Barca v Real too. After the Figo transfer. Crazy it's been done before.

It seems that you have 'blurred' barriers as to what is right and wrong (IMO). Just want to know.......Where do you stand on racist chants?!?!?!

Pigs head, That was done at Barca v Real too. After the Figo transfer. Crazy it's been done before.

It seems that you have 'blurred' barriers as to what is right and wrong (IMO). Just want to know.......Where do you stand on racist chants?!?!?!

and knowing the answer to that, will it make you sleep better?

or are you just trying to goade trig?????

Remember, it's 'part of the English culture', apparently.

classic worksop, i did really laugh at your reply:D:D

the english culture thing was at football matches , its been happening for as long as i can remember, and no matter what will carry on happening

I can't speak for trig cos' I don't know him but i can speak for the era I grew up in. As a teenager in the 70's there was no taboo chants, anything went.

Whether it was the anonymity of the terraces or just the violent culture of the time I don't know, but all was fair.

If you've ever been attacked by a policeman for singing "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend, Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers" then you'll know what I mean!

As trig said, we sang about John Robertson's brother dying, Liverpool used to sing Munich songs until Heysel and Hillsborough, Leeds always did the aeroplane gestures at Man U fans until the two lads were killed in Turkey.

I hate Millwall with a vengeance but what they did to Leeds fans to elicit a response is nothing that has'nt been done over the last 40 years.

I guess from the response to this thread the average football fan has changed (probably for the better), since the bad old, good old days of the 70's. It was a different world then, but Millwall celebrating English football fans being killed would not have surprised anyone in those days.

In fact, getting away from Cold Blow Lane alive, even after the play off game as late as 1994, was considered a decent achievement at the time.

Its easy to look at Trig's post as a bit neanderthal in todays PC world (? :D), but believe me, thats how it was back in the day.

I can't speak for trig cos' I don't know him but i can speak for the era I grew up in. As a teenager in the 70's there was no taboo chants, anything went.

Whether it was the anonymity of the terraces or just the violent culture of the time I don't know, but all was fair.

If you've ever been attacked by a policeman for singing "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend, Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers" then you'll know what I mean!

As trig said, we sang about John Robertson's brother dying, Liverpool used to sing Munich songs until Heysel and Hillsborough, Leeds always did the aeroplane gestures at Man U fans until the two lads were killed in Turkey.

I hate Millwall with a vengeance but what they did to Leeds fans to elicit a response is nothing that has'nt been done over the last 40 years.

I guess from the response to this thread the average football fan has changed (probably for the better), since the bad old, good old days of the 70's. It was a different world then, but Millwall celebrating English football fans being killed would not have surprised anyone in those days.

In fact, getting away from Cold Blow Lane alive, even after the play off game as late as 1994, was considered a decent achievement at the time.

Its easy to look at Trig's post as a bit neanderthal in todays PC world (? :D), but believe me, thats how it was back in the day.

good post mate,

i can relate to what you,ve said,

do i agree with football violence now? no!

in my day i did but that was part n parcel of the sh1tty times we were in.

Archived