Has Nigel Mentally Thrown The Towel In?

Chris Peduck

Watching Nigel at the match yesterday and seeing the T.V. highlights, there was no animation or emotion whatsoever from him- he spent a lot of the time leaning against the dugout. Add to this the fact that Metgod did the post match interviews, and Radio Derby's comment that Nigel seemed at the pre match press conferences like he didn't want to be there- has he mentally thrown the towel in?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching Nigel at the match yesterday and seeing the T.V. highlights, there was no animation or emotion whatsoever from him- he spent a lot of the time leaning against the dugout. Add to this the fact that Metgod did the post match interviews, and Radio Derby's comment that Nigel seemed at the pre match press conferences like he didn't want to be there- has he mentally thrown the towel in?

I saw him appear in the technical area suited up looking very animated waving his arms around ... he loves the club.

We won. Let him do his talking on the green stuff.. ;)

no....its a good sign

I think he is showing a little bit more intelligence

I even suspect that the American's have given him some management training as I'm sure they love that sort of thing.

wearing a suit is a constant reminder to be more professional,

avoiding the post-match interviews which have got him in trouble is sensible too

and cutting out the touchline tantrums is good....

all positive as far as i'm concerned

I don't think I ever remember Nigel celebrating a goal really, nothing changed there.

He just seem to go absolutely livid and random intervals in the game when we're not doing too much wrong.

He also takes plenty of trips down the tunnel.

I'm just guessing, but were you bored when you decided to post this?

Blame radio Derby for this, they have set him up on a number of occaisons and since Portsmouth Radio Derby incited fans over comments.

He is damned if he says something, damned if he doesn't, damned for protecting himself from the press. Damned if he tries to get a message over to the players and they not listened, Damned if he justs watches the game.

Are we Derby fans trying to create our own version of the Damned United which will be called Damned Rams. Where Rams fans stitch up the son of the the legend which was once Brian Clough.

Know this sounds harsh but if people do not look at the big picture and everything that comes with it then expect comments. I expect comments on this as no doubt the anti-clough, pro radio Derby come out in their droves

Talk about reading into things when there is nothing to read into!!

We've just won a match for heavens sake. Nigel is likely over the moon.

He's never been the most animated of managers. Metgod often does the post match interview when we win. And I would take anything Radio Derby says with a pinch of salt. They seem to like to dig the knife into Nigel at every attempt.

Talk about reading into things when there is nothing to read into!!

We've just won a match for heavens sake. Nigel is likely over the moon.

He's never been the most animated of managers. Metgod often does the post match interview when we win. And I would take anything Radio Derby says with a pinch of salt. They seem to like to dig the knife into Nigel at every attempt.

Gibbo on Radio Derby just now talking about lack of investment, doesn't seem to be digging any knife in to Clough, far from it! Totally the opposite, sounds like true support for DCFC (as per usual for a life long fan) and the only people he is having a go at, if any, is The Board.

Metgod has said we can't compete with the big spenders even on loans such as QPR Leicester and Swansea, Gibbo has questioned where does the £4.5M League payments go to, as that now represents half the wage bill?

Don't think Gibbo has had much choice but to report the facts, which have been very poor results for four months, which Clough admits to as well, now Metgod has said that Derby aren't allowed to invest in quality Championship players, Gibbo may be able to help turn the screws on The Board for their lack of investment. BBC Radio Derby and Gibbo are very mild compared to most radio stations, so I can't see how they want to dig knives in?

Glick and The Board probably don't even listen to Radio Derby, but maybe Clough should have been more voiceforous in the fact we have been under-funded. He is The Manager, at work I'm straight onto The Directors/Bosses if I don't get sufficient funds to do my job.

our 1st win at home since november and people acting like its amazing?? derby fans baffle me, left to these lot we'll be the size of burton & tanning themselves from cloughs backside.

Its a shame, we was lucky their keeper was poor, we wasnt amazing ourselves dont get me wrong 3 huge points, but 3 seasons of relegation and the board and clough still have the nerve to tell me they are going forward!? is a joke

coventry have sacked boothroyd today!! i mean come on, they have had a few bad games and there owners have sacked him, i mean these managers must look at clough n think how the hell have u stayed in a job for so long, i still fear were going down till that table says we are safe

I don't think any manager wants to be at a prematch press conference wit 2 wins from 18 games.

Can't knock Nigel for the tactics, the result or the performance so let's have a go at his lack of emotion. Theres always something to moan about.

I very much concur with this sentiment.

our 1st win at home since november and people acting like its amazing?? derby fans baffle me, left to these lot we'll be the size of burton & tanning themselves from cloughs backside.

Its a shame, we was lucky their keeper was poor, we wasnt amazing ourselves dont get me wrong 3 huge points, but 3 seasons of relegation and the board and clough still have the nerve to tell me they are going forward!? is a joke

coventry have sacked boothroyd today!! i mean come on, they have had a few bad games and there owners have sacked him, i mean these managers must look at clough n think how the hell have u stayed in a job for so long, i still fear were going down till that table says we are safe

The same Coventry that are looking for their 10th manager in 10 years and cannot get out of this division the right way? Yep great role model, maybe we can only half fill the stadium too, would that make happy also?

What possessed you to start this thread??

A great win, gritty performance with some good football in parts - I'm delighted. NC never celebrates, and has had Metgod do post match interviews before. Some 'fans' are just gutted when they can't pick fault - it's a shame for you that we didn't get beat so you could have a go at his 'negative tactics'.

Tactically he was absolutely spot on against Swansea. Well done Clough, and the team. I'm absolutely behind you.

Only slight blip was having to bring on Robinson.

Ridiculous....

At Coventry although the 1 win in 16 games is comparable to ours, there best run of the season was three straight wins and they play some of the worst football in the league. Plus they spent money on wages/transfers for the like of Jutkewicz, Westwood, King etc.

But then even with that, 10 managers in 10 years? Yeah, that's the way to get promoted. Again, a ruined club from constant short term fixes

Some of Gibsons comments don't half annoy me. He always tries to stir up rubbish and he knows it. He's a journalist and thats his job at the end of the day :p but my issue with him, not aimed at this subject is that sometimes he bases his "facts" by looking on forums like ours!! Look at the Savage issue.

When he interviews Glick (which is getting boring), he asks the same questions at every interview, so the anti-board fans dont get the answers they want and for the sit on fence fans, like myself it just gets so lame listening to the same drab! And that he's so negative. Listening to the post match reaction was like listening to Victor Meldrew!

Archived