What was different?

Ram-man

Having not been able to watch the Swansea game, i am reading many views on the forum about Derby playing differently.

Interested to know how they lined up, and what formation they played? It seemed to work quite well against Swansea who are renowned for 4-5-1.

Anyone at the game, or who got a stream do enlighten me on Clough's tactical genius?!!?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pearson probably had his best game in a Rams shirt..

The 2 goals were an own goal and a corner, hardly brilliant play but we did create a few other decent opportunities.. Theo Robinson should have scored.

Erm we chased down and gave them little play.. Obviously it's different when you're playing more direct teams as it's more from the defence to the striker so closing down doesn't make a huge difference.

Just like to say credit to NC for playing Bueno behind the Striker and giving him more freedom.. He's definately one of the most gifted players in the league and needs to be given freedom like he was today and earlier in the season.

every player put a shift in today, some not their best, green for example, but no one was terrible and they had alot of commitment, grew with confidence as the game went on and played some nice stuff, bueno was creative and a lynchpin for what we did. definately a star for the future and for the first time in months i am wishing it could be with us!

Brayford was his usual self, tackling back and winning the ball. Barker and Ayala had a great game, Pearson was brilliant today...chasing back, winning the ball and making some nice passes. Green, Savage and Roberts were the only ones that didn't have their best games in a Derby shirt.

Bueno was brilliant, held the ball up well and made some nice passes. Ward was helping Roberts out at left back.

People will knock Robinson for his terrible passing and shooting, but when he came on we looked safer. He was chasing down the defence, and made some nice runs for Bueno to pass onto.

Connor Doyle, another one who lacks experience (like Robinson) played well, made some good balls and some bad ones. Took the corner for the assist in Davies goal.

All in all, some great performances. Pearson for me was the MOM, others will disagree but i've never seen him have a better game.

Brayford was his usual self, tackling back and winning the ball. Barker and Ayala had a great game, Pearson was brilliant today...chasing back, winning the ball and making some nice passes. Green, Savage and Roberts were the only ones that didn't have their best games in a Derby shirt.

Bueno was brilliant, held the ball up well and made some nice passes. Ward was helping Roberts out at left back.

People will knock Robinson for his terrible passing and shooting, but when he came on we looked safer. He was chasing down the defence, and made some nice runs for Bueno to pass onto.

Connor Doyle, another one who lacks experience (like Robinson) played well, made some good balls and some bad ones. Took the corner for the assist in Davies goal.

All in all, some great performances. Pearson for me was the MOM, others will disagree but i've never seen him have a better game.

Would u start with bueno bs. Palace though??

Thought jamie ward looked good on the wing!

Would u start with bueno bs. Palace though??

Thought jamie ward looked good on the wing!

Against Palace, definitely. We should be going there to win, no questions. Bueno looked determined to prove a point today, and that he did. Massive part to play creatively, not only that, he held up play brilliantly.

The best team we have started today, with some fantastic subs to settle the game down.

I really hope fans aren't to hard on Robinson though, he did most of what he had to do very well. Defending upfront is really hard to do, he did it well and made those nice runs for Bueno. If he had scored, people would be applauding him.

I think Bueno has shown why he should start every game for the remainder of the season.

we had knocked the ball forward like that before but no one has had the football brain to hold the ball up as well and do something with it out of nowhere, brilliant player.

Against Palace, definitely. We should be going there to win, no questions. Bueno looked determined to prove a point today, and that he did. Massive part to play creatively, not only that, he held up play brilliantly.

The best team we have started today, with some fantastic subs to settle the game down.

Wonder if Green and Ward will be fit? Hopefully Bailey and Cwyka might be back???

I think Bueno has shown why he should start every game for the remainder of the season.

we had knocked the ball forward like that before but no one has had the football brain to hold the ball up as well and do something with it out of nowhere, brilliant player.

His control at times was fantastic. If the others had been on the same wavelength he would have looked even better

I really hope fans aren't to hard on Robinson though, he did most of what he had to do very well. Defending upfront is really hard to do, he did it well and made those nice runs for Bueno. If he had scored, people would be applauding him.

Robinsons overall play was good and no worse than anyone else, but he did miss a guilt edge chance, though like to say, credit where its due he did well with the rest of his game, we just need to bury those chances in the future to win games (granted we did win today but you know what I mean)

His control at times was fantastic. If the others had been on the same wavelength he would have looked even better

agreed

I think the team is good enough to be on that wavelength but they have spent so long OFF it that they struggled to get back onto it again, but another performance like that and they will all be bombing forwad and playing well. Training at moor farm will be a good place to be this week! hopefully things will just fall into place this week and we can ride the confidence.

Wonder if Green and Ward will be fit? Hopefully Bailey and Cwyka might be back???

I hope Bailey will be back, but Cywka needs to learn about his mistakes.

Connor Doyle did what is asked of Cywka today, remember him hoofing it up field towards Davies? Nearly scored.

Hope Ward and Green are ok, but i won't miss Green. We've got Addison and hopefully Bailey to play there.

Robinsons overall play was good and no worse than anyone else, but he did miss a guilt edge chance, though like to say, credit where its due he did well with the rest of his game, we just need to bury those chances in the future to win games (granted we did win today but you know what I mean)

Yeah definitely, for a striker he really should have a better shot on him. Bad day at the office perhaps.

Like others have said, a wave of confidence at the training ground will help that. I think Bueno and Robinson is a good partnership. Saying that, we've got options! Davies or Ward can play there. Ward can play out on the left as well.

Ben Davies, i like him a lot, but can't see him playing much more this season.

Robinson did what he was supposed to do - stretched their backline at a time when they were getting back into it. Decision making/finishing need work though!!!

I saw only last fifteen minutes of the game today but what I saw from Bueno I was very pleased. I have been baffled by his absence from the playing squad because I saw him play in september against Palace and Boro. At that time I found him skillful and creative and also hard working towards the goal. Didn`t see much of him defensive since we won 5 - 0 and 3 - 1 but I thougt that those attributes that he does have could be used in most matches. Since you have seen a lot more of him than me I would love to hear what you think has gone wrong with him since then.

Archived