What was different?

Ram-man

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference today, they gifted us a goal, our confidence picked up, we actually scored from a set piece, we got even more confidence, they scored we got nervous but held out well for a change.

I agree pearson always looks better in the middle, mind you so does green. I'm hoping though next season we have a new player partnering Bailey

wouldn't mind joe allen partnering bailey.....he looked the nearest we've seen to leon osman....very tidy

Thought the biggest difference today was our desire to win the second ball.

Something we never do.

Brayford kept Sinclair quiet. He pushed him out so far that he was almost sat in the East Stand at one point with Brayford on top of him.

Pratley was too good when he came on...... so all Derby did was get in the way and pick up any loose balls and be first to all second balls.

Job done!

Bueno added that touch of class we needed.

Best game I've seen from Pearson in a long time

Addison looked a bit lost when he came on

Bueno - i think was a good tactical move, they obviously feel he is a luxury player not suited to the "dig-in's" against lower league opposition but against the footballing teams he can really shine.

Don't forget that one thing no one has mentioned yet is that we had a decent ref for once. Seemed quite happy to give us the decisions we don't normally get!

You're right, he did say more. I suggest you have a listen.

Yeh,just trying to remember some of the forum comments about him during our winter of discontent.........................

Lightweight,anonymous,doesn't like it up him,can't stand the cold,won't tackle,won't challenge for the ball in the air,blah,blah,blah.But hey,spring is here.

Addison looked a bit lost when he came on

I agree.

He was pratting about at half time in the subs warm up. Putting loads of spin on the ball so Robinson couldnt control it, which Miles found highly amusing. Generally looked lackadaisical and half hearted. He really needs to get focussed. It took him 5-10 mins to catch up with it when he came on and he nearly gave away a goal with a careless misplaced pass.

I agree.

He was pratting about at half time in the subs warm up. Putting loads of spin on the ball so Robinson couldnt control it, which Miles found highly amusing. Generally looked lackadaisical and half hearted. He really needs to get focussed. It took him 5-10 mins to catch up with it when he came on and he nearly gave away a goal with a careless misplaced pass.

It's not just backspin Robinson can't control. :rolleyes::p

I agree.

Maybe he was asked to put back spin on the ball during half time, to warm Robinson up for a game of football where sometimes, balls are put forward with back spin. Robinsons control is not the best so it seems like a good idea to me.

I agree that Addison has not looked his best since coming back though, but he's never been the best passer in the game.

RE: The Bueno shizzle, pretty sure Ramblur listened to the interview. That's exactly what he said...something about championship football has the ball 'pinging'? around, which isn't his game.

Funny how we play against a side that plays 'football', and we beat them. We need a plan B for the 'hoof/wrestle'ball game.

Therein lies the problem - we just don't have the depth of experience in the squad

Not quite. About 6 players short?

Massively different team when we play a flowing 4:2:3:1 passing/attacking game, 4:4:2/4:5:1 just doesn't suit those guys.

Can't play 4:2:3:1 every game, as has been proved against the likes of Millwall, Burnley, Norwich and Reading, teams with more strength shut us out.

Like how i think about Arsenal, not enough physical players.

I'd like to see us try to play football against the hoof-it teams. Might not work all the time but I really can't see how it could be much worse than we managed playing them at their own game, or trying to "nick a goal".

I'd like to see it more, particularly against the likes of Hull/Ipswich.

Like i said pre your post, other teams just shut us out physically and nick those goals...mainly because they've got an excellent striker up top.

The most committed perfomance from a football team i've ever seen.

Bueno was a real difference today. Pearson wasn't shocking. A fully deserved win.

Sorry have to disagree with Bueno. Yes there was some nice flicks but I lost count the number of times I shouted get your foot in, chase the ball, not again when he passed to one of their players. Do not get me wrong when he had time he picked out a good ball. In a relegation battle we need people to stick the body in the way. Bueno did not make the difference the difference was players putting their bodies on the line, running themselves into the ground and playing with pride as in the Steve Bloomer song, that was the difference

I thought the main difference was that we never gave them time on the ball. Ward, Davies and Bueno pressed their defenders and keeper at every opportunity in the first half. Davies and Bueno were the reason that the error was forced causing the own goal.

Addison looked off the pace and nearly gifted Swansea a goal with a silly pass backwards that was intercepted.

I thought Davies and Pearson were excellent today, Brayford had a good game and Savage hussled their midfield and kept things ticking over, including a spectacular overhead clearance that a man half his age would have been happy with.

A good all round team performance got the result that they deserved.

Having not been able to watch the Swansea game, i am reading many views on the forum about Derby playing differently.

Interested to know how they lined up, and what formation they played? It seemed to work quite well against Swansea who are renowned for 4-5-1.

Anyone at the game, or who got a stream do enlighten me on Clough's tactical genius?!!?

Well, it's not been anounced yet, but the reason we played better is because NC left earlier in the week and Kevin Blackwell took over. They covered it up by sending Metgod out to do the radio interview, but expect it to be in all the papers tomorrow....

Hang on, or was it George Burley? Hey, either way, it MUST have been a new manager because that was the ONLY way we were going to win another game between now and the rest of the season. ;)

Archived