What was different?

Ram-man

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference was that we hussled and harried them and didn't let them play. Completely the opposite to what we did against Donny at home.

What is clear for me though is that we need to buy some quality in the summer in the midfield area. Especially with Savage and Bueno not being here. Miles Addison is not, and never will be a central midfielder - fact.

Well, it's not been anounced yet, but the reason we played better is because NC left earlier in the week and Kevin Blackwell took over. They covered it up by sending Metgod out to do the radio interview, but expect it to be in all the papers tomorrow....

Hang on, or was it George Burley? Hey, either way, it MUST have been a new manager because that was the ONLY way we were going to win another game between now and the rest of the season. ;)

And I thought the guy in the suit, going ballistic in the technical area, was wee Billy drafted back in from the dark side;)

i think the key was to make it scrappy game today bring, them down to our level of play, which worked a treat with green hassleing players and savage doing his thing getting into other players faces, and swansea didn't like that today I am a very pround of them, how they manage to stand up for themselfs and gave everything they had. but also bring on coner doyle for green also worked well, he came on with full of pace bring down spreading the play and his corner kick was sweetly struck than it has been for a long time. Theo Robson is a waste of space i can not believe that he gets in fron't of chris porter or callium ball, been scroing a lot of goals lately for Reseves and acadamy level. so i think he should have been in front of theo Robson. I also think not having that, unless ben davies was a bit help to how we played today.

I thought Green had a decent game, especially given that it seems he was carrying a knock.

Robinson's first miss was astounding, his second was just comical. My view might have been somewhat different had they got a second goal. I do think Callum should get a run out from the start to show what he can do, he seems to put in the performances for the reserves as you suggest B4.

Having Bueno in the team today was the big difference imo. Why on earth we haven't played him during the home games at least is a mystery to me, although today was brighrter and the pitch was good and the conditions mild.

Today though wasn't just about him, several players were excellent, especially Ayala, Steve Davies, and Brayford. Backed up well by Barker, Pearson, Savage, Roberts, Ward, Doyle (when he came on) and Green who gave everything as well. Fielding may have done better with their goal, and the only poor performances for me were by Robinson and Addison, but as subs you cannot really include them.

Well done Derby and it at least shut up the moaning old **** near me who went home with his other negative mates 6 minutes to go as he had nothing else to moan about. Bet he's so mad we won as he can't go and tell everyone I was right about Clough being **** and we are going down :D

What was different? Well, Nigel started lurking on this forum last week. He studied all the threads really carefully and feels he’s learned a lot in the past few days about tactics, strategy and how to motivate players. He’s very grateful for all the tips and advice he picked up but fears a backlash from the other forums if he comes out and says so publicly.

Keep up the good work.

JM

i think the key was to make it scrappy game today bring, them down to our level of play, which worked a treat with green hassleing players and savage doing his thing getting into other players faces, and swansea didn't like that today I am a very pround of them, how they manage to stand up for themselfs and gave everything they had. but also bring on coner doyle for green also worked well, he came on with full of pace bring down spreading the play and his corner kick was sweetly struck than it has been for a long time. Theo Robson is a waste of space i can not believe that he gets in fron't of chris porter or callium ball, been scroing a lot of goals lately for Reseves and acadamy level. so i think he should have been in front of theo Robson. I also think not having that, unless ben davies was a bit help to how we played today.

I disagree B4. We didn't lower ourselves to their level, we raised to our own level. Swansea play a lot like us, are less of a physical team and therefore is better to play our own game. Pass and move attacking football. The beauty of 4:2:3:1, so adaptable nobody really knows what formation we're playing.

Connor Doyle played well, hit a lovely long ball toward S.Davies who did well to win it. Which is what i think Clough has been asking Cywka to do when under pressure in our own half.

Think you're a bit harsh on Theo Robinson, he did the defending up top really well. Hassled their defenders whenever possible, made some nice runs for Bueno to feed the ball through. Just lacking a decent touch, and a shocking miss unfortunately for him. Think he showed a lot of promise and maturity, and can see him being a permanent member of the squad next season.

Porter hasn't got that kind of energy to hassle the defence like that. Haven't seen enough of Callum Ball, but reserve games are different to first team football. Would like to see him at some point though!

Was a great game though! Good times. Anyway, time for the highlights and watch it all again!

Oh, on another note, I thought the fans got behind the team instead of on their backs.

They did. Though as soon as they scored the fans started to go really negative, and groan at every bad pass.

The 2 guys sat next to me were just moaning about EVERYTHING. I gave the forum address and told them there views are much needed :rolleyes:

I don't get why we don't play Pearson as Centre Mid more often. He completely ran the show from there against Ipswich, looked good agaisnt Reading and looked excellent there again today.

He's an awful left-midfielder but I was really impressed with him once again. That was one of the biggest differences.

lol, I spat my drink all over the monitor at that. Are we thinking about the same Stephen Pearson?

lol, I spat my drink all over the monitor at that. Are we thinking about the same Stephen Pearson?

I have to agree with the coppery bunny, Pearson was instrumental un the Ipswich game. He played really well that day, like he did today.

Running the game maybe a bit OTT, but that might just be a bit of Ginger solidarity.

ward looked good - bueno had a brill game but the diff was there keeper was awful!!! n theo robinson shuld scored 2!! uselesss!!!!!!! - papers over derbys probs but 3 huge points, still want clough out, he'll relegate us eventually, 3 seasons of it and glick wants top 6 next season signing freebies? god save this team

ward looked good - bueno had a brill game but the diff was there keeper was awful!!! n theo robinson shuld scored 2!! uselesss!!!!!!! - papers over derbys probs but 3 huge points, still want clough out, he'll relegate us eventually, 3 seasons of it and glick wants top 6 next season signing freebies? god save this team

Why was there keeper awful? U can't blame him for the 1st goal. Did well to get anywhere near it. And the 2nd was deflected past him I hear. He made one or two decent saves.

Major difference was an early goal.

The longer our home games go on without a goal, the more nervous the crowd get, which usually manifests itself by constant moaning and getting on the players backs, hence eventually, that nervousness transfers itself to out on the pitch.

Yesterday that really only happened after they scored their goal, with what, 25 minutes to go?

Yeah when they scored the expectation amongst our fans that they'd go on to score another two was palpable.The mood plummeted and the singing stopped,and the whinging went up a notch. And the Swansea lot perked up too,no doubt thinking the same. So to keep it 2-1 until the end was very satisfying ..:D

As for the whingers.. Robinson got some mega stick from folks around me.. sure, deservedly so for that miss, but after that, let it go chaps. Move on and give the kid another chance.

Funny how Robinson and Green and Bueno were targets for the moaners everytime they lost possession but other players who did the same were ignored.

It was a bad miss, but like you said, there's no point getting on the lad's back. What's that going to do? Probably make him miss a few more.

Shame about that miss though, great tackle from Pearson, and good work from Bueno. Deserved a goal.

It was a bad miss, but like you said, there's no point getting on the lad's back. What's that going to do? Probably make him miss a few more.

Shame about that miss though, great tackle from Pearson, and good work from Bueno. Deserved a goal.

Great unselfish play from Bueno. To me, when a player in that position sets another up with the better chance of scoring ( I say this but from my angle I could'nt tell) it's a sign of class.

Yep deserved a goal and that's why Theo got it in the neck. But like you say it gets counter productive after a while. Folk should move on during the game .

Archived