What was different?

Ram-man

I hope Bailey will be back, but Cywka needs to learn about his mistakes.

Connor Doyle did what is asked of Cywka today, remember him hoofing it up field towards Davies? Nearly scored.

Hope Ward and Green are ok, but i won't miss Green. We've got Addison and hopefully Bailey to play there.

I dont think Addison can be considered a replacement for Green as he is a completely different player, Bailey however can step up if fit enough.

Addison is good but I'm seeing alot of faults in his game recently, but he looked better today in a confident side which could be key for him, better at seeing a through ball than he is at playing a simple pass.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw only last fifteen minutes of the game today but what I saw from Bueno I was very pleased. I have been baffled by his absence from the playing squad because I saw him play in september against Palace and Boro. At that time I found him skillful and creative and also hard working towards the goal. Didn`t see much of him defensive since we won 5 - 0 and 3 - 1 but I thougt that those attributes that he does have could be used in most matches. Since you have seen a lot more of him than me I would love to hear what you think has gone wrong with him since then.

he did become too lightweight in matches that i saw and seemed to go missing, very much like commons, he was bullied off the ball way too much and when it got cold he seemed to give up and not want to play, but weather is better now and he played better, suprise!

Players looked up for it today, first to the ball, winning 50-50's, throwing the body in the way, closing down. Really stifled Swansea's passing game. It was so refreshing to see some character from the side for the first time in a long while. It's amazing what a win can do. Good weekend ahead now.

But then again he'll be gone at the end of the season anyway.

If Bueno can inspire the team to stay up then I will be happy, and consider it a good return for the money spent on getting him here.

This season could be very key for how we move forward under GSE. I think even they can see now that investment is needed in a big way and this summer it is crucial to bring in a good center forward and a creative player to replace Commons/Bueno, Cywka could be a ready made replacment but he has to show it if he is with skill and goals.

If, and some I know will say when, GSE don't invest then I think the final few GSE supporters will be gone and it will be over for them. Even Alex W said if they don't invest he will turn and that's saying something!

Having not been able to watch the Swansea game, i am reading many views on the forum about Derby playing differently.

Interested to know how they lined up, and what formation they played? It seemed to work quite well against Swansea who are renowned for 4-5-1.

Anyone at the game, or who got a stream do enlighten me on Clough's tactical genius?!!?

simple Bueno

It was all the lucky scarfs In block a..

We never gave them time on the ball to play, we harried n hassled them! Even made a few hard tackles.. And he played bueno, like I said he should of against boro!! Pearson had a great game.. Same as against boro he tried to beat his man!!

But it was the scarfs!

I don't get why we don't play Pearson as Centre Mid more often. He completely ran the show from there against Ipswich, looked good agaisnt Reading and looked excellent there again today.

He's an awful left-midfielder but I was really impressed with him once again. That was one of the biggest differences.

If Bueno can inspire the team to stay up then I will be happy, and consider it a good return for the money spent on getting him here.

This season could be very key for how we move forward under GSE. I think even they can see now that investment is needed in a big way and this summer it is crucial to bring in a good center forward and a creative player to replace Commons/Bueno, Cywka could be a ready made replacment but he has to show it if he is with skill and goals.

If, and some I know will say when, GSE don't invest then I think the final few GSE supporters will be gone and it will be over for them. Even Alex W said if they don't invest he will turn and that's saying something!

Suggest you listen to Metgod's post match interview,Norfolk.Didn't sound to me that there would be pots of money coming Clough's way.

The difference today, they gifted us a goal, our confidence picked up, we actually scored from a set piece, we got even more confidence, they scored we got nervous but held out well for a change.

I agree pearson always looks better in the middle, mind you so does green. I'm hoping though next season we have a new player partnering Bailey

Suggest you listen to Metgod's post match interview,Norfolk.Didn't sound to me that there would be pots of money coming Clough's way.

Found the link:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00f60vs/Sportscene_Live_from_5_12_03_2011

Metgod interview at 17.50,sandwiched in between 3 interviews with members of 'the lost dressing room',beginning with Steve Davies at 08.46.

A fine,lip biting "yes" from Metgod part way through.Message to Mr Glick-he did mean what he said post Hull,and it wasn't said in the heat of the moment.

I like Metgod as he's not afraid to say what he thinks (probably in an easier position to do so than Nigel).

will have to have a listen to that tomorrow, the missus wont like me putting it on now!

I would have hoped to see two good attacking players coming in like I mentioned, i'll be very worried if they don't though, depending I guess on who does come and go.

I don't get why we don't play Pearson as Centre Mid more often. He completely ran the show from there against Ipswich, looked good agaisnt Reading and looked excellent there again today.

He's an awful left-midfielder but I was really impressed with him once again. That was one of the biggest differences.

I thought he was on the left today? how did the team line up then?

ward - green - savage - pearson

bueno

davies

that was how I thought we had lined up.

will have to have a listen to that tomorrow, the missus wont like me putting it on now!

I would have hoped to see two good attacking players coming in like I mentioned, i'll be very worried if they don't though, depending I guess on who does come and go.

I'm sure she might!Oops,just realised what you meant:)

Metgod interview at 17.50,sandwiched in between 3 interviews with members of 'the lost dressing room',beginning with Steve Davies at 08.46.

I find Metgod about as annoying to listen to as Nigel. He always sounds like one of those victims on Crimewatch who for their own safety has there voice changed.

I like the bit best where he says Bueno was dropped because they wanted to try something different.

I find Metgod about as annoying to listen to as Nigel. He always sounds like one of those victims on Crimewatch who for their own safety has there voice changed.

I like the bit best where he says Bueno was dropped because they wanted to try something different.

I guess being Dutch might have something to do with it.I've no doubt he said more about Bueno than you mentioned?

Archived