Formula One World Championship 2011

Duracell

Yeah I saw this announcement this morning. I am absolutely disgusted by it. I was recently bemoaning to my mates how I'd have to fork out for a TV license when there has been absolutely nothing on TV worth watching for the last few months. F1 was about the only thing I could watch.

I love F1 but I can't afford SKY. Only 50% of races on the BBC is just not good enough. There is hardly any decent mainstream sport left on terrestrial TV. Murdoch has ruined football with SKY TV, now he's setting about ruining all sport.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already sent my tweets of disgust to Jake Humphries on twitter, not heard a single person say anything positive about it. Bernie Ecclestone lied to us all saying it had to stay free to air. Going to lose a lot of fans through this.

Taking national sports from terrestrial TV kills the inspiration of youngsters in this country. Money is killing sport in this country.

i am not a fan of formula 1, however i really want sky to be destroyed, it is quite ridiculous what is happening, murdoch is taking everything sport wise from the terrestrial channels, he has frankly virtually destroyed the football coverage on terrestrial television, the premiership and championship is all but gone and all we have are highlights and a game every few months from the championship.

i am not a fan of formula 1, however i really want sky to be destroyed, it is quite ridiculous what is happening, murdoch is taking everything sport wise from the terrestrial channels, he has frankly virtually destroyed the football coverage on terrestrial television, the premiership and championship is all but gone and all we have are highlights and a game every few months from the championship.

It will be the Wimbledon Tennis and Open Golf next.

People get a choice whether or not to pay for Sky though, you have to pay for the BBC whether you want to watch it or not. I imagine Sky will have the non-european grand prixs so the beeb can cut down on costs?

Some people can't afford to pay for Sky though so they miss the sport they love. That's the main point I think; that regular, hard working fans are being priced out of the market.

Sky get all the races. The BBC simultaneously broadcasts half of them.

The BBC deal was until 2013, now they are only showing half the races next year???

Something tells me that BBC got paid alot of money. Why else would they renegotiate a deal like this?

Murdoch can suck my balls if he think's i'm paying. Lived without it for years, only watched this one season properly (like about 6 million others) , i can live without it again. So will 6 million others i reckon.

Where's his A1 ********. That fool makes me mad.

The BBC deal was until 2013, now they are only showing half the races next year???

Something tells me that BBC got paid alot of money. Why else would they renegotiate a deal like this?

Murdoch can suck my balls if he think's i'm paying. Lived without it for years, only watched this one season properly (like about 6 million others) , i can live without it again. So will 6 million others i reckon.

Where's his A1 ********. That fool makes me mad.

I'm the same, never bothered with sky. The pub shows all the things worth watching anyway. Sky can obviously offer more money because of the money they rake in from adverts and subscriptions. Judging by the ammount of ***** channels sky have, they probably spend more on sports than the rest put together. Isn't there a law about certain sporting events whihc must be available to everyone with a tv (like the world cup, FA cup final, wimbledon ect.) Something to do with public's best interest. F1 probably doesn't fit into this catergory and let's be honest the highlights are usually more interesting than the race.

What annoys me the most is that I've just paid my TV License a month ago, and I literally watch NOTHING on the BBC. The BBC Sport head woman whoever she is, said that the BBC is in a tough economic climate and has to save money - someone needs to tell her that all you have to do is get rid of the bureaucracy and scandalous overhead pay there, last I heard the Director-General is on 3 quarters of a million a year!

I will not pay for Sky to watch F1.

The uproar around this has me in stitches.

Extended highlights immediately after the race are perfectly acceptable if you haven't seen the result. Sky will clearly not break coverage to show adverts, they may have ads around the screen, but it will not be like ITV's 'and here's the cool overtake you just missed'. Half the races are on at a stupid time anyway, Japan, Oz etc. So a fairly settled highlights time would be a good thing.

The uproar around this has me in stitches.

Extended highlights immediately after the race are perfectly acceptable if you haven't seen the result. Sky will clearly not break coverage to show adverts, they may have ads around the screen, but it will not be like ITV's 'and here's the cool overtake you just missed'. Half the races are on at a stupid time anyway, Japan, Oz etc. So a fairly settled highlights time would be a good thing.

The main issue isn't with the highlights, how much they show and when they are on. The issue is with having to pay to watch a Formula One season from next year onwards.

I trust Sky a lot more with F1 coverage than ITV, not to mention Channels 4 or 5. Their football and cricket coverage, for all the "Sky has ruined football" palaver that surrounds it, is fantastic. F1 would be no different. But paying £30 a month for it? Not on.

The real issue here is the "pay per view" bit. Once SKY has acheived global domination it will charge PPV for the big events on top of your subscription.

Without competitors, (in this country, the BBC), what's the alternative?

Within a few years Rupe and Jamie will be able to pay all their fines and compensation and know if your moaning about them...:cool::eek:

Eventually, Chelski v The City of Manchester Franchise United FC title decider will be on pay per view only.

The deciding GP of the year will end up on PPV. With adverts.

It is not fookin rocket science to predict where this is going.

Vettel back on pole in Hungary, Hamilton 2nd, Button 3rd on the grid at his 200th Grand Prix.

Starting Grid

Sunday, 31 July 2011

Conditions: Fine

Position Country Driver Car number Team Qualifying time

1 Ger Sebastian Vettel 1 Red Bull-Renault 1:19.815

2 GB Lewis Hamilton 3 McLaren-Mercedes 1:19.978

3 GB Jenson Button 4 McLaren-Mercedes 1:20.024

4 Brz Felipe Massa 6 Ferrari 1:20.350

5 Spa Fernando Alonso 5 Ferrari 1:20.365

6 Aus Mark Webber 2 Red Bull-Renault 1:20.474

7 Ger Nico Rosberg 8 Mercedes GP 1:21.098

8 Ger Adrian Sutil 14 Force India-Mercedes 1:21.445