Ratings v Forest

jcidaho

Bywater - 6.5 Did what was asked of him, good save in the first half

Moxey - 6.5 fairly solid, but offered nothing going forward

Leakock - 5.5 seemed a bit dodgy still, almost gave a peno?

Barker - 7 MOM

Brayford - 6 Wish he'd go on runs like he used to

Ben Davies - 5.5 Ok, nothing spectacular, put in some decent corners for a change

Savage - 4. Poor, out of his depth

Beauno - 5. Didn't do much, lacking confidence.

Addison - 6. He did a lot more than Savage, some good passes. Think he's a much better option than Sav. Didn't we have a good run under Jewell with Addy and Green in the middle. Think we should try that soon.

Commons - 5. For his ability he had a poor game. What did he do?

Porter - 4. Bad miss, bad first touch, hence a bad rating.

-----

I was thinking, surely green on for Sav, or Green on for an ineffective commons/beauno. We were 0-0 at 70 mins and I was waiting for Clough to put new legs on and some kind of goal threat. I have concluded he's crap at using subs...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bywater 7 - saved mcgudans free kick very well, passing alot better

Brayford 6.5 - not the same player at the start of the season.

Moxey 5 - passing was awlful, stupid sending off.

Barker 7.5 - alot better today best performance of the season

Leacock 7 - played just aswell as barker

Savage 4 - did he play? Gave away stupid free kicks

Adinson 7 - some stray passes but got stuck in and ran till the end

Commons 6.5 - nothing bad but nothing great

Davies B 5.5 - someone who is a dead ball speacilest not one decent set piece. But also someone who wasn't played at this level, trained with the team once and playing in a local Derby is a big mistake

Bueno 5 - hit and miss, mostly a miss

Porter 4.5 - the hip can't take it IMO, slow, can't jump, mind telling one thing and the body can't do it

Bailey 6 - did alot better than savage, passed the ball well

Davies s - no time to make a impact, put on too late!

yes, I know he got sent off for it - but it was worth it - for me - obviously not for Mox - but hey ho.

Does anyone else wonder what's up with Bueno - is it the cold?

my views, game, support and lee croft!

Right I thought I'd give my view on the game. I don't get to many so I figured fvck it ill have my own thread, at least until the mods feel the need to move it.

Got to the game later than expected and ended up paying £7 for parking (thanks for the help boycie but we turned up at 12.30 cause the missus took ages getting ready!)

After getting cash out ans grabbing a programme we got to our seats, north stand block b near the back, wanted to give the BA a go.

The first half wasn't brilliant. The team wasn't great, neither were to be honest. The support I thought was terrible, definitely out sang by the trees which I was shocked about..

A side note for the BA. I've always supported you guys and I love what your trying to do and ill continue to support what your aiming to achieve at pride park but I've got to say I wasn't overly impressed. Some of the songs you were singing sounded like a muffled noise at times ( possible due to your numbers and lack of support from those around you) I chanted as much as I could,though not many around me followed suit but because I couldn't hear the words you were singing it was hard to sing along. Can I suggest dropping some of the new songs at home and sticking to the simple songs such as Derby till I die, super Derby super rams, come on Derby etc. It may seem a step back but I think if you sing these songs on repeat then more people will know them and sing them whereas the new ones they don't seem to bother, I noticed when the east stand sang the simple songs the north stand followed.

Just a suggestion and take it as constructive critisism. Ans keep up the food work.

Second half was a great improvement from Derby and I think the Bailey for Savage sub had alot to do with it. I think the first half was close fought and they may have swung it but we were by far better in the second half.

Rather than a full match report ill rate and explain.

Bywater - 7 - I thought he had a decent game. The goal wasn't his fault and he did well throughout. It annoyed me how when he wanted to throw the ball out and start a counter attack all the rams running forward weren't looking over there shoulder looking for the pass from him and this could have started more attacks. I think on one occasion they did which set off an attack.

Brayford - 6 - didn't look as good going forward as he did earlier in the season but I expect he will get back into his stride within a game or two.

Moxey - 5 - I don't think he was as terrible as others but not great by any means. I dropped him from a 6 due to his careless red.

Barker - 8 - thought. He was solid today and was unlucky to be on the losing side. Hopefully getting back to his best.

Leacock - 7 - solid as well. Had a point to prove and I think he proved it. I think his yellow was a show of passion to the Gaffer. May have gave himself a longer stay at the club.

Addison - 7 - whole hearted display ans will get better with every game. Improved when he had Bailey's legs for support.

Savage - 4 - I like the Guy and he has been good for us but he was poor today and I hate to ask but have they gone sav?

Commons - 5 - thought KC was played out of the game and ran out of ideas. Definitely looks like a player with other things on his mind. Shame.

Bueno - 6.5 - 5 first half, 8 second. Grew into the game. Maybe it was Bailey's passing that opened him up but he looked our main threat alongside our next man in the second half at least.

B. Davies - 7 - his overall play was impressive. Looked lively and willing to get stuck in and unlucky not to score. Thought his delivery was generally poor. But like has been mentioned the team just need to know where to be, it did improve as the game went on but his corners were dreadful, struggled to neat the first man but that could have just been me expecting too much.

Porter - 5 - I'm a bit gutted really, always had time for him but he was out muscled on the ball too much. If he put away the chance you could still argue his eye for goal but he didn't which throws up doubts. I think he will bury that nine times out of ten but that was the wrong time to have that one time.

Subs

Bailey - 7 - I didn't notice if he was overly involved but the team was so much better when he came on that he must have been.

Davies - n/a - not enough time to get too involved but he looked more capable of holding up play than Porter. Get him ans keep him fit and of could be the missing piece to the puzzle!

Overall I don't think we were dreadful. People will over react, moreso because its them. But we werent dreadful. Infraction you could argue that we were the better side but for one poor miss and one cock up at the back ( which makes a huge difference) our problem was 2 or 3 players didn't turn up today which can't happen in any game, least your local Derby.

I stuck around after the game after by chance seeing bueno and going over for a photo. I ended up enjoying the day a little more by meeting most of the players and having a great chat with Lee Croft after telling him that I travelled from Norwich. He's actually a great Guy and I would love to see him get back involved in the team. Though he did laugh at how I have picked up some of the Norfolk accent which is a *******!

I think Nigel made a mistake with the team selection. Unfortunately it is the same team I would have picked but in hindsight Bailey should have started over savage. I would have picked savage for his influence and fire but in reality he looked slow and Addison's still coming back from injury and I noticed at times in the first half they looked a bit slow in shielding the back four. Bailey's legs were needed over savages influence ( and his passing range over greens before his energy is mentioned)

I think this could well be the beginning of a swift end for savage.

Overall I had a decent day, I know with the result that's hard but the performance wasn't bad and with a little tweaking we could well be there.

It's not all doom and gloom.

COYR!

bywater 6 got himself in trouble a couple of times

brayford 6

moxey 6 didnt deserve a red

addison 6

barker 8

leacock 6

savage 5

davies 6

bueno 5

porter 4.5

commons 6 the best dead ball deliveries

Thanks Mrs ram.

Another highlight of may day was after some shouting. A mature lady infront of MT turned around, smiled and said 'that didn't sound very convincing that time ' or something like that. I think my voice went as Ishouted come on Derby. But it made me smile!

Dunno if I was just annoying her though. But if o was and she happens to read this I apologize.

Bywater - 6 (swop goalies and we have a 0-0 or 1-0 win)

I'm sorry but bywater was not at all at fault for the goal. No keeper would have done a ything with that. It was a well placed shot from a goal scorer that should never be given that much time and space in that area.

I would say bywatees only fault would be his kicking in that game.

i thought it was savable....but yes ....far too much room.

and what ever happened to that breed of player who would cripple the opponent to minimise their effectiveness.....like Rioch.

we have no midfield enforcer.

addison for all his physique doesn't put it about and is a bit of a pussy cat.

Bywater wasnt to blame for the goal.His kicking was rubbish but that is to be expected now.Barker was man of the match,and he looked completely gutted at full time.Ben Davies impressed me.Moxey and savage were poor as was commons.Bueno is half the player he was when he arrived.Porter is slow and has an awful touch.He isnt good enough but the service he gets is poor also.

On the whole we were second best in every aspect.They were stronger,fitter,faster and better.Derby player for a draw and failed toget one.Tactics were useless again.

Archived