Ratings v Forest

jcidaho

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was right in line with earnshaw's goal and you could tell as soon as it left his boot that it was in. It was perfectly in the corner and neither camp nor fielding would have saved it IMO.

Incidentally I would have given Bywater a 7.5/8

And porter about 3 with the rest ranging from 5-7

For what it's worth, I thought Brayford had a shocker on Saturday. He was beaten too easily numerous times, leaving us exposed at the back. On the goal for instance he got done twice in quick succession, leaving Barker having to pull out of position, Moxey left covering two men in the middle. I like Brayford but thought he was pants on Saturday.

Judging by the 'taster' for the football league show - Moxey didn't warrant a sending off...

He definitely didn't, it was right in front of me. Mox slid trying to keep the ball in, rabbit face saw him coming and checked his run slightly to ensure that mox went through him rather than getting the ball. It was naive of Mox and he was always going to get sent off as soon as he made contact but it was played for and would have liked the ref to have a word rather than sending him off.

Also thought Ben Davies had a good game all in all. Once he has had ime to settle I reckon he'll be an asset.

Can anyone confirm if Camp elbowed Bueno ?

It was at a corner in the second half and the ref had a word with Bueno afterwards.

A lot of people round me just behind north goal were shouting that he had, and shortly afterwards Camp was strutting around outside his area lifting his left elbow up like he was stretching his shoulder.

For what it's worth, I thought Brayford had a shocker on Saturday. He was beaten too easily numerous times, leaving us exposed at the back. On the goal for instance he got done twice in quick succession, leaving Barker having to pull out of position, Moxey left covering two men in the middle. I like Brayford but thought he was pants on Saturday.

He looked like a scared little boy. Confidence is shot. If you look at a replay of his goal vs. Watford, you wouldn't believe it was the same player...

I thought Bailey had lost his way a bit lately too, but he looked up for it when he came on.

Let Bailey do the passing and Addison do the donkey work and you've got the makings of a good engine room there...

Green needs to be in that attacking trio along with B.Davies and either Commons, Bueno or Cwyka.

Bywater - 7 - better distribution, don't agree that he should have saved the goal. Great silky skills in selling their man a dummy 2nd half, only to pass it staright to a red shirt!

Brayford - 4 - as mentioned

Barker - 7 - Much better

Leacock - 6 - better, but still worried me at times

Moxey - 4 - awful passing and positioning

Savage - 4 - bossed by Moussi and over-run by their creative players

Addison - 6 - Energetic display but touch let him down a few times

Commons - 4 - marked out of it or just plain bottled it?

Bueno - 6 - awful first half, better second, not sure about his backpass or his weird little spat with Camp though! and stop waving imaginary cards!! crazy foreigners!

B.Davies - 6.5 - certainly didn't look out of place

Porter - 5 - not a lone frontman

Bailey - 7 - tackled and passed well

S.Davies - 5 - no time

Nige - 4 - should have changed it sooner, wonder if he will drop savage and commons now (if they're still here)?

Every time Tyson, McGugan or Anderson ran at us, we shat ourselves. I hate to say it, but I like Moussi

I thought Addison gave a warriors performance, showed at times he can take the game by the scuff of the neck and bully people. Bueno, okay wasn't amazing however I felt for the first time in weeks he was trying to make things happen, his quality was there to see and he tried to open doors. Ben Davies gave a good account of himself and I believe he'll be a top signing for 350k you couldn't ask for more IMO. Stephen Bywater played well, couldn't do anything about the goal.

Shaun Barker went back to basics, and he was like he was last year...

all in all, although we are never going to be happy losing to the scum it was a much improved display. The only 2 worrying things for me was the completely toothless display up front (again) and the lack of organization/ pace at the back. Barker did ok but looked really slow and seemed to take an age to turn once a player had gone past him. We need a centre back and a striker- both seem to be in hand but would like permanent deals not loans. Still we didn't embarrass ourselves and probably deserved a point if not 3.

Savage was found out on Saturday. A big disappointment and very slow. A real liability. Hopefully he will be warming the bench for the rest of the season. I would like to see bailey, green and addison in the middle of midfield with wingers as support feeding into porter. Not convinced porter will make it for us though

I'm surprised at the lack of praise for Brayford. I thought he was extremely solid defensively. He didn't get forward like he was doing two months ago, but if you noticed when he did get forward, he seemed to just run into the same path as Davies. I think once these two do some more training together and can sort out more of an understanding between them we could see a great partnership down the right hand side.

Fair enough. I'm prepared to accept that my judgement is wrong, as it doesn't seem to be shared by anyone else! I didn't have a fantastic view of him in the second half, but every time I saw him called into action in the first period he seemed more than capable.

The big moment was of course when Tyson beat him down the wing which led to the goal, and I do wonder if perhaps it was this one mishap that has caused people to rate him a little lower than he deserved for the game overall.

Archived