New Clough Out Poll.

Perky1106

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People get ill, several people have done in the squad over winter as have a large number of people in general over winter. Me included. He played while ill against Ssausagehorpe, and made himself available against Crawley.

How was Roberts today? Was he at fault for anything?

Our keeper needs to do more than shot stop, which he doesn't do as frequently as he used to, we need someone who is vocal and commanding. Someone of the Fielding ilk.

Moxey was just an observation, he seems to have been ill a few times of late.

Roberts - no idea, I didn't pay that much attention to the game today. However, even a decent performance today wouldn't hide the wretched ones prior to it.

Goalkeeper - completely agree. Confidence in the back four is often inspired from the very back - Bywater doesn't do that at all. Our defence, all to often, just looks incredibly nervous.

Alex, Barker was a liability today. Leacock looked more assured than him when he came on. The back 4 in general when he came on and Brayford went to RB. Leacock is not the problem on his own Barker hasn't been performing and again today he missed routine long balls and let the oppo in. To say we just need a CB to go next to Barker is not really the full picture.

As I said in the matchday thread this game showed how much players playing in the proper positions changes things massively. The first half we looked all over the shop and people didn't appear to know where to run or who to play to. 2nd half people knew their roles and we looked more like a proper team. Nothing to do with investment there all about players in wrong positions and aimlessly knocking it to Porter who can't play the loan striker role. Poor poor tactics.

Moxey was just an observation, he seems to have been ill a few times of late.

Roberts - no idea, I didn't pay that much attention to the game today. However, even a decent performance today wouldn't hide the wretched ones prior to it.

Goalkeeper - completely agree. Confidence in the back four is often inspired from the very back - Bywater doesn't do that at all. Our defence, all to often, just looks incredibly nervous.

Might just have a bug and it keeps coming back, happens sometimes. Bailey was ill for alot longer remember, that virus could have come back.

Roberts has never had a run in the side, hes been constantly in and out of the side. The only way a player can find form is if he gets a consecutive of games. Away at Bristol they were commenting that he was playing well before he went off injured.

I've thought that since Fielding went back too. I know i've never been a fan of Bywater so I may be biased, but to me they look very nervous and are scared to use Bywater as an outlet. Fielding was very commanding, caught the ball alot and made his presence felt. Bywater doesn't do that. The thing that worries me is that they haven't mentioned the goalkeeper spot as somewhere they're looking to strengthen.

Alex, Barker was a liability today. Leacock looked more assured than him when he came on. The back 4 in general when he came on and Brayford went to RB. Leacock is not the problem on his own Barker hasn't been performing and again today he missed routine long balls and let the oppo in. To say we just need a CB to go next to Barker is not really the full picture.

As I said in the matchday thread this game showed how much players playing in the proper positions changes things massively. The first half we looked all over the shop and people didn't appear to know where to run or who to play to. 2nd half people knew their roles and we looked more like a proper team. Nothing to do with investment there all about players in wrong positions and aimlessly knocking it to Porter who can't play the loan striker role. Poor poor tactics.

Barker I think is being put on a pedastel, as his dad did with Mackay. Unfortunately, he's not really performing. Hes looked better recently, but if hes not performed today as you say, then we should be worried and hopefully Clough will do something about it. Not sure what he can do though.

Porter isn't a bad lone striker, but there needs to be better cover with him and Bueno isn't that, especially away from home.

Roberts has never had a run in the side, hes been constantly in and out of the side. The only way a player can find form is if he gets a consecutive of games. Away at Bristol they were commenting that he was playing well before he went off injured.

I'm not sure that the flaws in Roberts' game are anything to do with match fitness or readiness - he get's brushed off the ball, caught out of position, outpaced - he just looks like a poor option for the position.

I've thought that since Fielding went back too. I know i've never been a fan of Bywater so I may be biased, but to me they look very nervous and are scared to use Bywater as an outlet. Fielding was very commanding, caught the ball alot and made his presence felt. Bywater doesn't do that. The thing that worries me is that they haven't mentioned the goalkeeper spot as somewhere they're looking to strengthen.

I noticed immediately the performance of the back four once Fielding came in, it was much better. He talked, he commanded, he came out. All facets of Bywater's game that are lacking.

They haven't mentioned a keeper - I think they seem to think that they have higher priorities. Personally, I think we probably needed 5 players coming in rather than 3 - GK, LB, centre back, creative midfielder, and a striker.

I'm not sure that the flaws in Roberts' game are anything to do with match fitness or readiness - he get's brushed off the ball, caught out of position, outpaced - he just looks like a poor option for the position.

I noticed immediately the performance of the back four once Fielding came in, it was much better. He talked, he commanded, he came out. All facets of Bywater's game that are lacking.

They haven't mentioned a keeper - I think they seem to think that they have higher priorities. Personally, I think we probably needed 5 players coming in rather than 3 - GK, LB, centre back, creative midfielder, and a striker.

His positioning isn't that bad, his strength is though. This will come with fitness. He isn't incredibly pacey, but he is quick. He is Moxeys back up and is in for his experience and to push Moxey for the position. With a run in the side we'd see better of him.

Indeed, I imagine if he had those qualities he'd be a top goalkeeper. As it is, he doesn't. So someone needs to come in.

I'm happy with the LB spot, and wouldn't mind if the AM spot was kept as it is, though if a striker came in who could player there too then i'd be pleased. The other positions we do need someone for though.

His positioning isn't that bad, his strength is though. This will come with fitness. He isn't incredibly pacey, but he is quick. He is Moxeys back up and is in for his experience and to push Moxey for the position. With a run in the side we'd see better of him.

I think his strength will only come with fitness training. Considering that he's not had a consistent run in the side, then you'd have thought that he'd have had plenty of time to sort that out. I'm also not entirely sure that he's 'quick' - or, if he is, then there are plenty of strikers/wingers that appear to be even quicker than him. Last season Moxey was Roberts' back up - the only reason that changed was that Moxey performed more consistently than Roberts did with the same opportunities. Like Connelly before him, and like Croft and Albrechtsen - he came in with a decent reputation, but I think we need to take the hit and get rid when we can.

I'm happy with the LB spot, and wouldn't mind if the AM spot was kept as it is, though if a striker came in who could player there too then i'd be pleased. The other positions we do need someone for though.

AM - I'd like an alternative to Commons, when Commons doesn't play, or doesn't play well, we lack creativity.

I've just got back from the game and we were absolutely abysmal. Not one shot on goal, no attacking threat in the final third, no creativity from midfield, players once again played out of position, no shape or idea whatsover. The Rams fans were unbelievable today and sang all second half; they are the only thing that makes me proud to be a Derby fan right now. Nigel has to go - 8 defeats out the last 11 games is a disgrace and if it wasn't for his bl**dy surname he would be history by now.

I think his strength will only come with fitness training. Considering that he's not had a consistent run in the side, then you'd have thought that he'd have had plenty of time to sort that out. I'm also not entirely sure that he's 'quick' - or, if he is, then there are plenty of strikers/wingers that appear to be even quicker than him. Last season Moxey was Roberts' back up - the only reason that changed was that Moxey performed more consistently than Roberts did with the same opportunities. Like Connelly before him, and like Croft and Albrechtsen - he came in with a decent reputation, but I think we need to take the hit and get rid when we can.

AM - I'd like an alternative to Commons, when Commons doesn't play, or doesn't play well, we lack creativity.

He is quick, but the top wingers are quicker. In fairness, Moxey isn't that quick himself. And Roberts wasn't here last season so i'm not sure what you mean there :confused: He's a decent enough backup, Moxey will be back in when he's fit.

And I think Davies is coming in for that exact reason.

Archived