£100k for Jon Parkin!!!!

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHY HAVE WE NOT ACTED ON THIS??????

He's a hell of a link up striker, he's about to enter his prime, he's a handfull for any defence, he scores goals and he was available for near enough the same fee that got us Jake Buxton!

We'd better have bid for him in private or I will be incredibly annoyed at this. We've missed a huge trick here.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WHY HAVE WE NOT ACTED ON THIS??????

He's a hell of a link up striker, he's about to enter his prime, he's a handfull for any defence, he scores goals and he was available for near enough the same fee that got us Jake Buxton!

We'd better have bid for him in private or I will be incredibly annoyed at this. We've missed a huge trick here.

Maybe Clough didn't want him.

Have PNE got money problems? having just lost 5 players was it and the manager, why would you sell Parkin for 100k, doesn't make sense unless they are strapped for cash.

Looked at their accounts about a year ago and they seemed to be in the mire.Purely from memory,I think the parent (plc) wouldn't fund them further and that they would have to raise further funds independently,with few assets to offer as security.Given their S/T base,then I would have thought that trying to raise cash via S/T securitisation wouldn't yield too much.

Seem to remember saying at the time that relegation would be a disaster.They may be preparing for this by trying to slash the wage bill.

Looked at their accounts about a year ago and they seemed to be in the mire.Purely from memory,I think the parent (plc) wouldn't fund them further and that they would have to raise further funds independently,with few assets to offer as security.Given their S/T base,then I would have thought that trying to raise cash via S/T securitisation wouldn't yield too much.

Seem to remember saying at the time that relegation would be a disaster.They may be preparing for this by trying to slash the wage bill.

Their chairman did an interview that I think mentioned us directly or our style of spending with the Yanks in charge, as they were attempting to downsize their finances.

I think the jist of it was that they'd been financing a wage budget far beyond what they'd been making in income, and their chairman was saying that there'd have to be major changes and that they should be looking at a long term plan rather than short term spending.

Mellor immediately left, Chaplow has gone and a few more moved on. Looking at their squad now it's a wonder how they'll survive relegation again next season if they do indeed go down.

Let's just say we Cardiff's 100k has been accepted, Nigel reads the Daily Mail this morning and think's I'll have some of that and gets Glick to fax a 100k offer in from us.

Who do you think Parkin would want to join?

7 goals in 16 this season aint to bad for a lump of a striker

He's in a poor side at the moment, and he creates far more than he scores.

His sheer size and build up play, and general hassle of defenders creates alot of chances for other players.

Let's just say we Cardiff's 100k has been accepted, Nigel reads the Daily Mail this morning and think's I'll have some of that and gets Glick to fax a 100k offer in from us.

Who do you think Parkin would want to join?

Cardiff, but i'd want us to be in there offering him a deal anwyway.

If you don't ask, you don't get. And in this instance, if you don't atleast enquire you're a bloody fool.

Archived