£100k for Jon Parkin!!!!

Hucknall Ram

Maybe when Clough heard that Cardiff had agreed a deal with Preston he thought buggah, I'd have had some of that but we've got no chance now.

Tell you what's pissed me off this week with Clough and GSE.....Ronaldinho, why the feck haven't they gone in for him? Commons is looking likely to leave in the summer, Ronaldinho would be the perfect replacement.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe when Clough heard that Cardiff had agreed a deal with Preston he thought buggah, I'd have had some of that but we've got no chance now.

Tell you what's pissed me off this week with Clough and GSE.....Ronaldinho, why the feck haven't they gone in for him? Commons is looking likely to leave in the summer, Ronaldinho would be the perfect replacement.

Where there is a will, there's a way :rolleyes: Think positive.

And I see where you're going with this, I will have you know I was very happy with GSE and slated for it for a while, I was just annoyed that we haven't nipped in for him while there's still a chance.

Ah well.

I'm not really going anywhere, thing is players move clubs, players you rate go to other clubs for fees you think your club should be paying. It happens every season, when Tevez went to Man City I was furious let me tell you. I can see the same thing happening with Ronaldinho, after a couple of Ribenas I'll have cooled down abit and accepted that Clough and GSE don't share my transfer targets.

Is Parkin worth as much in wages as KC? For me no. If his wages at Preston were indeed 15k would he take a pay cut to join us? Probably not. Would he take a pay cut to join the team currently in 2nd place and looking good for promotion? Probably yes. Would that team be able to offer a contract which includes a decent pay rise in the event of promotion? Probably yes.

Why waste time with an approach that would never work? News gets out fans get there hopes up and when the inevitable happens the fans are pissed off.

Have PNE got money problems? having just lost 5 players was it and the manager, why would you sell Parkin for 100k, doesn't make sense unless they are strapped for cash.

In a word, yes.

My opinion is that the entire NPC will be taking a financial reality check this year. Derby have been a couple of years ahead of the game on this issue, much as though many will criticise the lack of investment.

Unfortunately, football club ownership is a different game to what it was 10 years ago. Generous benefactors are a thing of the past for most clubs, they have been replaced by investors. Investors want a return on their money which translates to running a football club as a business and not as they have been run in the past.

Complicated club ownership makes understanding clubs accounts difficult and therefore assessing income v expenditure becomes subjective without knowing the details of investor returns, or indeed timescales of the investment.

The loanees were requested after recalls by Stoke and Man Utd (obviously the family stuck together). Parkin for 100k sounds a great bargain though.

Archived