Do you know any footballers personally.

DCFC-2010

I don't know any personally but these went to my school.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_XPJI3pnj4k/0

Matthew Richards

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/lewin%20Nyatanga_633582997552968750

Lewin Nyatanga

Josh Wright

EX Derby now Chesterfield Reserves

Josh Wisdom Mansfield Reserves

Lewis Chambers Notts County Reserves

All went to Littleover Community School.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long story cut short

Me and my brother worked with a lad who went to school with Tudggy, the three of them became mates. Tudggy and Grant are mates though Shaff Weds, hence Varney as well. Tudggy was always giving tickets away at Weds. I got one once, just happened to be vs Derby :D

Brother Knows Campy aswell, though Tudggy, as far as he knows Camp has moved to Nottingham now.

Im friends with Chris Riggott from our school days and mutual mates, I also know Bobby Hassell as I used to play Cricket with him. Then I know Lee Williamson to say hello to as im a friend of his sister. I also know George Burley and our old scout Simon Hunt from working for them and times in the broadway/town/any place that served drink

I have a couple of interesting friend-of-friend type stories of people who I know who have met footballers, and I have met some myself. This isn't personal, but I guess this is the thread for it.

My girlfriend's grandad played as a Goalkeeper for clubs like Wrexham, Hartlepool and Darlington before ending up at Kettering Town. A wasted an opporunity to join Arsenal :rolleyes:

He played Derby in a friendly once. O'Hare scored against him and Charlie George did too - from the half-way line! He was also acquainted with Les Green.

My own Grandad was an insurance broker to many Derby players in the early to mid 70s. He had a few drinks with Archie Gemmil. He once had an appointment with OBE himself, who promptly told him to "p1ss off" in true Brian Clough fashion. "I don't want to talk about sodding life insurance, we just lost a game" was the only other sentence my Grandad ever got from him. Something to be proud of ;)

My dad was also Derby & District Subbuteo Champion 1975. His prize was to play Colin Boulton in a game of Subbuteo.

My dad and his mates also wound up Steve McLaren in a friendly match against Rushden & Diamonds when they were sat right next to the dug-out. He had a note-pad and pen out and was obviously noting down tactics and such like when one of my dad's mates helpfully shouted out to him "I'll have some prawn crackers and fried rice with mine, while you're at it, Steve!" This theme continued until Mr McLaren invited them to the post-match players' and directors' buffet, either because he found them funny or because he wanted to shut them up. Probably the latter.

They ended up in this corporate room full of directors and players in suits with the three of them, wearing jeans and replica shirts. Everyone appreciated/tolerated their presence, they got a signed match ball for their troubles and spoke to most of the squad with their prawn sandwiches.

And finally, to myself. I was a mascot for Derby in a later friendly with Rushden and Diamonds for my birthday. This was George Burley's first pre-season with the club. He didn't have any time for me but Pablo Mills and Simo Valakari were brilliant, top blokes who had a laugh with my dad afterwards and both seemed like genuine blokes.

When we drew against Forest a few years back 2-2, the only tickets we could get were Forest hospitality tickets.

Watched the game, trying to hold me tears back when we went 2-1 down (was only 9), then went to the players lounge. I refused for any Forest players to sign anything i had - even though that was part of the hospitality ticket thing. I may have been 9, but me dad had taught me well - David Connolly called me a cheeky little **** :eek:

I don't know any personally but these went to my school.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_XPJI3pnj4k/0

Matthew Richards

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/lewin%20Nyatanga_633582997552968750

Lewin Nyatanga

Josh Wright

EX Derby now Chesterfield Reserves

Josh Wisdom Mansfield Reserves

Lewis Chambers Notts County Reserves

All went to Littleover Community School.

I was the year below Matt Richards at LCS, never saw him playing any football though! Shame he didn't make it here really, massive potential. Had the pleasure of interviewing Lewin (and Giles Barnes, he decided to sit in) for the school paper at one point.

I went to the same primary school as Ross Atkins, played against him a couple times around 4 or 5 years ago. That's about it really!

Paris Simmons was at my school while I was, so was a former Swansea reserve James Burgin. Never really spoke to either but I remember knocking Paris down once in fouling football. (Fluke by the way, i'm not built to be strong lol)

I could list a fair few players i've spoken to but none of them I could class as 'friends'. Louis Saha was a nice bloke, Luis Boa Morte seemed to want to leave quick but was nice enough.

Interesting enough I work with Stephen Warnocks(villa full back) cousin and Matt Dukes(hulls keeper) brother in law. I've never met either of them or really spoke much about them, however can tell you that Matt Duke is infact on 12 grand a week, not bad for an average championship keeper... ay! :rolleyes:

Archived