Do you know any footballers personally.

DCFC-2010

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stephen bywater knows me as well as roger davies

michael johnson, used to too, was a nice bloke

morten bisgaard rembered me, after he met a coupke of months later. but wouldnt call any mates mind.

one of my dads friend was best mates with tudgays dad, so ive met him a fair few times, was also how i met seth johnson

and my ex girlfriend got asked out by lee holmes when he was a young 16 year old, i told her to say yes...she was fecking annoying

went to the same school as karl ashton, who was an apprentice years ago. and my dad was in the same year as nigel.

oh and kevin hector used to deliver our mail years back according to my mum and dad, not sure if its true

Unfortunately I have got any direct links but my old man has told me a few stories.

When my uncle was younger he played local football against a Derby county side managed by cloughie, not the first team but I think of had some first team players there. Anyway at half time my uncles side were winning and my grandad went to see him but got the wrong dresseing room and got told by none other than cloughie to 'get out of my ******* dressing room'

My dad was leaving a game once and got held up in traffic, the car behind was flashing him to get a move on so my dad for out the car to tell him where to go and Brian clough got out and told him to get his car moved so my dad got back in his motor without a word.

My great grandad on my Nan's side played very briefly for derby.only two games I think.

My great grandad on my grandads side was best friends with Steve Bloomer. Bloomer was holding a charity match, ex England internationals v Derby county 11. When Bloomer realised they were a player short he ran down the pub and dragged my great grandad off his bar stool drunk and got him to play. My Nan showed me a picture from the det of the team photo asking for help naming the players and my great grandad was in it with his arms coded looking pissed off. Probably cause his pint was still at the bar but that's just speculation.

I know Matt Richards, he was in my year at Littleover.

Also, in the nineties a few players like Carsley and Eranio lived nearby. I'd always stop to say hi if I saw them in the local shop or walking their dog.

Oh and Chris Riggot's brother was a teacher at my school for a bit, don't know if that gets me extra points though.

Archived