Lessions not learned again

B4ev6is

well got of to a brilliant chance to move into top 3 places and just three points behind 2nd. what a shame through got to a good start from a purty from luke moor on 19th minuties but just like leceaster game we backed off and off from Burnley, there first goal sounded like Burnley player dived on edge of the area looking for a pentley but got a free a kick of which tyon mears scores from and fielding just could't get enough on it push past the right hand side post. but for there 2nd what was our defance playing at, why didn't they take into a corner and close shop, and settle for a point i am so guttied right now. but for me telling point game when we brought on chris porter has not played best part of 2 years on, when there was kuqie or that young lad which mate have made, the differance split there defance with pure speed, this does not make no scence to me. but another plimb on the road to promation we have to learn close up shop away from or points will continue to be droped.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway - onto your post - So I'm assuming this week we won't be winning the league then B4?

We didn't back off and off like Leicester - we never scored at Leicester.

The defence take it into the corner - well - they didn't have many options as everytime we cleared it, it came back at us - sadly Clough will come up with some excuses but we had 9 players who like to graft, chase after the ball, and defence, and two attacking players. that will invite pressure onto us. OK Commons and Bueno were out but it exposes us massively.

So bringing Porter on instead of Kuqi made the difference?

Yes why didn't we bring that young lad on? (He's called Jeff Hendrick) - because bringing on an 18 year old kid would make the difference!!

Please write some intelligent posts B4! Actually - I like reading what you write (When I understand it) - Keep up the good work!

well got of to a brilliant chance to move into top 3 places and just three points behind 2nd. what a shame through got to a good start from a purty from luke moor on 19th minuties but just like leceaster game we backed off and off from Burnley, there first goal sounded like Burnley player dived on edge of the area looking for a pentley but got a free a kick of which tyon mears scores from and fielding just could't get enough on it push past the right hand side post. but for there 2nd what was our defance playing at, why didn't they take into a corner and close shop, and settle for a point i am so guttied right now. but for me telling point game when we brought on chris porter has not played best part of 2 years on, when there was kuqie or that young lad which mate have made, the differance split there defance with pure speed, this does not make no scence to me. but another plimb on the road to promation we have to learn close up shop away from or points will continue to be droped.

If you want to get promoted this year, your an idiot. It's a year too early for us and we would get embarrassed. Just be glad that for the most part were playing well and getting results and performing far above expectations. Rather than acting like some bi-polar lunatic every week.

It wasn't a dive b4 it was a clear free kick, and we couldn't rake it to the corner cause we couldn't get the ball off them. From what I saw we looked most of a threat whenever Porter came on and he very nearly bagged us a goal.

I wouldn't say it was because Porter came on but purely because they had just equalised

It wasn't a dive b4 it was a clear free kick, and we couldn't rake it to the corner cause we couldn't get the ball off them. From what I saw we looked most of a threat whenever Porter came on and he very nearly bagged us a goal.

Sorry mate, but for me that was a clear dive.

Moxey went in full-blooded, admittedly. But there was zero contact. The bloke threw himself to the ground. If someone can call Bueno's incident last week a dive, then this was stonewall.

Fair enough, I saw it on an internet stream so I may be wrong but it looked like clear contact to me, may have made a meal out of it but contact is contact. Same goes for Bueno in my eyes.

I will have to look again to make up my mind, did they show it on the football league show?

Not sure, didn't watch it. They analysed it from a good four or five different angles post-match though. The pundits agreed that there was no contact but that Moxey had "intent to go for the challenge", which apparently makes it a free-kick. Clear dive in my book.

Is it me or does B4 have a thing for young boys??? Just saying...

I'm sure he'll be back to his upbeat self once we win the next game.

As for the game, from what highlights I saw loosing KC & Bueno left us with nobody to put a foot on so we were under the cosh from about 20 mins in so we got what we deserved for being a little negative.

One final point, I thought Fielding should've done better with the free kick, had he gone full stretch he would've stopped it...

On Football League Show it looked a definite foul.

I don't think it was deliberate, just overstretching and a bit late.

Porter's header near the end was deflected wide by the defenders head.

Overall we probably did well to hang on for as long as we did, but its all part of the learning process. Maybe if we had conceded the first goal earlier we would have had time to get back into the game a bit more.

Its natural to be less attacking away from home - all teams do it, and it is something Nigel is very much aware of - so when you come up against a strong team like Burnley you are going to be under a lot of pressure, especially when your ceative and attacking options have been reduced before and very early in the game.

Even Man Utd were struggling and conceding late goals earlier this season, but they don't panic, just keep going and things will turn.

Be patient, keep the faith and hopefully our time will come.

Not sure, didn't watch it. They analysed it from a good four or five different angles post-match though. The pundits agreed that there was no contact but that Moxey had "intent to go for the challenge", which apparently makes it a free-kick. Clear dive in my book.

well then, it doesn't matter if Moxey went into the challenge dangerously.. it's a foul, contact or not..

the rule.. sorry LAW!

is kicking or ATTEMPTING to kick an opponent!

I haven't seen the foul, so can't pass judgement but sounds like it doesn't matter either way!

well then, it doesn't matter if Moxey went into the challenge dangerously.. it's a foul, contact or not..

the rule.. sorry LAW!

is kicking or ATTEMPTING to kick an opponent!

I haven't seen the foul, so can't pass judgement but sounds like it doesn't matter either way!

I wasn't able to see the game, and so can't comment on the actual foul, but if a player goes in dangerously and with intent, then it's a foul by definition, whether contact is made or not. I've seen players booked for dangerous tackles where no contact is made.

Either way, it's no disgrace to lose away to Burnley, and we're still fourth. I look forward to seeing how we respond against Norwich (who dicked Ipswich, and, I think, are now level on points with us).

Archived