Record Safe

Toadbelly

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are a number of reasons why the record may be safe for a number of years. Teams in 2007 were still living on the never Portsmouth and West Ham and Sunderland were spending beyond their means. it meant teams new to the Premier had no chance. Now they do although there were other reasons for Derbys poor season, silly Billy poor signings injuries etc. But basically we were just not good enough.

I think 1 of the main reasons why we did so badly that year is down to the football we were playing, or should I say hoofball, even when we were promoted, we were a lucky team when we went up, and our style of play was always going to fail against premier league teams. Which is why IF we went up this year I would be more confident of survival.

Middlesbrough away in the Premiership season when half the away stand was shut due to it damage from the snow - Kenny Miller was two on one with Earnshaw to the left of him. Miller was running directly down the middle of the goal, did he shoot? No. Did he pass? No. Did he stand still and and lose the ball? Yes.

If we had scored then we would have been drawing 1-1 with around 10 minutes left, surely we would have gone onto win...

I remember watching Hossam Ghaly a player who couldn't get into spurs team, yet he was by far and wide the most gifted player in our side which was disappointing.

His vision was just to much for some of our players, I remember him trying to play 'passing and moving game' I seem to remember we could only do one OR the other, not both!

Middlesbrough away in the Premiership season when half the away stand was shut due to it damage from the snow - Kenny Miller was two on one with Earnshaw to the left of him. Miller was running directly down the middle of the goal, did he shoot? No. Did he pass? No. Did he stand still and and lose the ball? Yes.

If we had scored then we would have been drawing 1-1 with around 10 minutes left, surely we would have gone onto win...

I remember that. I also seem to remember Earnshaw missing a sitter as well, a header from around 2 yards. Freezing day too, wasn't best pleased

Archived