best goal keeper ever

saljet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you not paying attention Vernak said "end of".

Glad to see someone actually pays attention to my posts occasionally Spank :D

I still stand by Shilts as he was rock solid for most of the time he was with us. If it wasn't for him the relegation from the old first division could've been a lot worse...

Only basing this on who I have actually seen play.

1) Shilton followed closely by Poom.

Agree though that Martin Tayler surely would have gone on to bigger and better things if it wasn't for the injury.

On a side topic we all remember the great goals but not always the great saves keepers make. Any stick in the mind both Derby and non-Derby. The best I saw was in the 1996 Champions League, Peter Schmeichel by denying Rapid Vienna's Rene Wagner of a goal from a header. A bit like the Bank's save only better IMO.

Only basing this on who I have actually seen play.

1) Shilton followed closely by Poom.

Agree though that Martin Tayler surely would have gone on to bigger and better things if it wasn't for the injury.

On a side topic we all remember the great goals but not always the great saves keepers make. Any stick in the mind both Derby and non-Derby. The best I saw was in the 1996 Champions League, Peter Schmeichel by denying Rapid Vienna's Rene Wagner of a goal from a header. A bit like the Bank's save only better IMO.

i would have to go for Shilton...just because he had so muc more to do than Boulton did..!

As for the memorable saves...remember Newcastle away where Shilton made 30,000,000 world class saves to get us a point I think. awesome.

Archived