best goal keeper ever

saljet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But can he flap as good as Fielding? you can guarentee at least 2 or 3 times Bloomers will say Fielding flapped at the ball. I've started calling him Flappy Fielding, I think it sound's alot better, I mean who call's their kid Frank these days?

But can he flap as good as Fielding? you can guarentee at least 2 or 3 times Bloomers will say Fielding flapped at the ball. I've started calling him Flappy Fielding, I think it sound's alot better, I mean who call's their kid Frank these days?

I don't believe that Atkins uses his hands at all.

........Always the sign of a very good keeper.

Shilton vary rarely used his hands. He used to hypnotise on-rushing strikers.

And some keepers use a very pitched squeek - almost inaudible - to disable the opposing forward.Gordon Banks was good at that.

Sounds are not as good as seeing with your own eyes.:rolleyes:

Shilton was past his best when he signed for Derby.

Colin Boulton is probably the best keeper we ever had, but if we're measuring by the inch, it might be Les Green

YES !! Another mention for Les

Les was part of the team that went up in style and finished 4th in Div 1

He could easily have played in the Championship winning team.

It was a huge shock when he was dropped and it took quite a while for Boulton to win over the fans....which he did by just being damned good.

Still had a fondness for Les though.

http://www.derbycounty.me.uk/Top%20Sellers/lgff

Les was part of the team that went up in style and finished 4th in Div 1

He could easily have played in the Championship winning team.

It was a huge shock when he was dropped and it took quite a while for Boulton to win over the fans....which he did by just being damned good.

Still had a fondness for Les though.

He was dropped quicker than he dropped the ball in the ridiculous 4-4 draw against Man Utd. I think that was his last ever game for us, but perhaps that's my mind playing tricks on me. Rumours of a few too many pints here and there, then a hurried departure for South Africa owing to one or two people he owed a few quid to taking an unhealthy interest in his kneecaps....

I'm not judging him - I liked the bloke.

sorry I'm not suggesting you are....its just people always talk about that match whenever Les is mentioned.

Graham Richards trashed his reputation in the centenary radio documentary, whilst everyone else was praised.

I was disgusted for Les.

Archived