Moxey

Srg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What he did for the second goal last night was absolutely superb, what a season he is having. Once more, he is a thoroughly likeable lad.

Interestingly Clough singled him out for criticism in his post match interview, said he didnt play as well as he had in previous games and the rest of the back four covered for him at times, which I thought was a bit unnecessary in the circumstances

Not heard the Clough interview but disagree if that is what Clough said.

Of course centre backs will cover left back and right back. Thats the very nature of the position. I didn't think Moxey was caught out much, maybe so when he got booked for the accidental trip but I thought he played well.

My only criticism was that he didn't get forward enough, he (and the RB) need to use the space infront of them and they didn't. There were a couple of times in the first half I was crying for Moxey to get forward to be an option for Brayford to pass into the space.

I also bet Clough didn't praise the 60 yard pass that Moxey played into Cykwa - that was one of the balls of the season.

Of course centre backs will cover left back and right back. Thats the very nature of the position. I didn't think Moxey was caught out much, maybe so when he got booked for the accidental trip but I thought he played well.

My only criticism was that he didn't get forward enough, he (and the RB) need to use the space infront of them and they didn't. There were a couple of times in the first half I was crying for Moxey to get forward to be an option for Brayford to pass into the space.

I also bet Clough didn't praise the 60 yard pass that Moxey played into Cykwa - that was one of the balls of the season.

i forgot about that, that was stunning

i think he was a little bit wary of going forward, as was green, because we were away from home, tactics are normally a little more defensive than when you play at home

i think with pringle in front of him, it was only natural for him to stay back a bit more

But what you're looking for in a FB might not be what Clough asked Moxey to do before Tuesday.

If Moxey didn't do what he was asked, he deserves to be criticised, however well he played.

Thought Moxey had a decent game last night, not quite sure how Clough can fault him, that pass especially was brilliant. Thought he looked better than Brayford and Barker, who did have decent games but at times looked a bit suspect. Barker particularly f*cked up a few headers.

Reading Cloughs comment on the official site tonight Barker was palying on one leg - I assume it wasnt his choice or a punishment and that he is actually playing with an injury

Interestingly Clough singled him out for criticism in his post match interview, said he didnt play as well as he had in previous games and the rest of the back four covered for him at times, which I thought was a bit unnecessary in the circumstances

I remember back in the Golden Era, when Nigel's dad, Lord Brian, was manager.

Derby thrashed some highly-fancied foreign opposition 3-0 with a stunning display but Brian went straight in the dressing room and gave them an almighty rollicking!

I think the gist was that they should play like that every week, and earn their money, presumably to keep them all on their toes and not get complacent.

Chip off the old block, I'd say.

I would have thought that if NC thought it was necessary then it was. He works with the players every day and will know what motivates the players.

Clough will single different people out for criticism when he thinks they need it. Look at what's happened with Commons - playing like a God and desperate to stay with us - and the internet warriors were saying before the start of the season that Clough hated him, and that's why he criticised him.

We have a genius for a manager.

He's been criticised in the past for his treatment of Commons.....and look how he's been performing of late.

He's been criticised in the past for his treatment of Commons.....and look how he's been performing of late.

yeah,good point. I couldnt get to the match last night so listened to RD commentary and he appeared to have a good game with Roger Davies mentioning him at the end amongst a long list of mom candidates so i found the comment surprising. Would be interesting to hear what anyone who went to the game thought.

I remember back in the Golden Era, when Nigel's dad, Lord Brian, was manager.

Derby thrashed some highly-fancied foreign opposition 3-0 with a stunning display but Brian went straight in the dressing room and gave them an almighty rollicking!

I think the gist was that they should play like that every week, and earn their money, presumably to keep them all on their toes and not get complacent.

Chip off the old block, I'd say.

Absolutely spot on m8. A few were moaning about NC criticising Commons earlier in the season despite reasonable performances .... but now look at the lad. In the Pompey game he was everywhere and that effort by Commons was actually mentioned by Clough as one of his highlights of the game.

Moxey himslef criticised his forst half performance in the Rams-Player interview. Said he made some mistakes at the back - wonder if that was what Clough was referring to. You have to be consistent not just match to match but during the whole match.

Nigel just said that "He got done a few times".

Not really critical, more a statement of fact.

Archived