derby going win the league

B4ev6is

Derby are starting to look like a really once more, i can honestly say i have been wait for years and years for this to happen, and finaly i think it is about to happen and even with a weakened team, we bossed pompy like no tommrow and as some just said we have taken 19 points, during october and november. and scoring 19 goals to boot as well. were scoring for fun right now and playing like champions that we are. we have strengh in depth. and their is still players to come back from injury. the good times are just around the corner now, we are 4th place with 24 points and about 7 points behind cardiff and QPR, and hot the tails sooner or later there going to crack under the preasure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derby are starting to look like a really once more, i can honestly say i have been wait for years and years for this to happen, and finaly i think it is about to happen and even with a weakened team, we bossed pompy like no tommrow and as some just said we have taken 19 points, during october and november. and scoring 19 goals to boot as well. were scoring for fun right now and playing like champions that we are. we have strengh in depth. and their is still players to come back from injury. the good times are just around the corner now, we are 4th place with 24 points and about 7 points behind cardiff and QPR, and hot the tails sooner or later there going to crack under the preasure.

If we are good enough to get 4 points from the next two away games, I may start to think we have a chance.

Just don't see it sorry, QPR and Cardiff will take the top 2 spots even with a blip in form. They both have the strongest squads in the Championship, plus QPR have the financial backing to strengthen even more in January.

Just don't see it sorry, QPR and Cardiff will take the top 2 spots even with a blip in form. They both have the strongest squads in the Championship, plus QPR have the financial backing to strengthen even more in January.

Agree 100%, both will be preparing for the Premier League in January and consolidating their season.

We've just got to keep going and pick up as many points as we can, but the top 2 places are unrealistc.

Agree 100%, both will be preparing for the Premier League in January and consolidating their season.

We've just got to keep going and pick up as many points as we can, but the top 2 places are unrealistc.

I actually believe they are very realistic. Not to say we are nailed on but with the amount of the season left we should be aiming for it.

QPR and Cardiff look very good sides and I'm not sure we have the away form to compete with them.

As regards to the comments about QPR strengthening their squad, you have to get the right blend of players as we know all too well. You can spend a lot on absolute garbage, Warnock has a habit of this, just ask Blades fans.

If we can hold on to the loan signing due to return at Christmas, keep our key players fit and start to perform consistently away from home then we have a chance. Only a third of the season has gone and we sit just half a dozen points away from the top two, so who knows.

I still think QPR will go up, they have the belief that Igor talked about, winning despite being reduced to 10 men.

Sorry but that's a load of bull when qpr came to pp they were totally crap we outplayed em only cause we lapsed our concentration if we played em know we'd of seen out that game Cardiff were decent but no means brilliant. Not one team that's come to pp has looked like outright champions or anything close. Stop being a nit picker and get behind the lads as this is our best shot for years. And it's going to happen we played the supposed in form bullies in the league of the park even without Alberto if he played we'd of won3-4 nill with a bit more class this is our time after the years of crap we've had to put up with!

We are derby super derby super rams

E I e I o up that football league we go!

Sorry but that's a load of bull when qpr came to pp they were totally crap we outplayed em only cause we lapsed our concentration if we played em know we'd of seen out that game Cardiff were decent but no means brilliant. Not one team that's come to pp has looked like outright champions or anything close. Stop being a nit picker and get behind the lads as this is our best shot for years. And it's going to happen we played the supposed in form bullies in the league of the park even without Alberto if he played we'd of won3-4 nill with a bit more class this is our time after the years of crap we've had to put up with!

We are derby super derby super rams

E I e I o up that football league we go!

Hang on, he's not 'nit picking'. They're a better side than we are, their defensive record is more solid for a start, even though i'm very happy with how our defence is looking.

They are a very good side with better strikers and so always look like scoring. There's nothing wrong with being realistic, i'm delighted with how we're playing at home but until we play the same away from home on a regular basis we're not a real promotion contender.

Yet ;) UTR

Sorry but that's a load of bull

Saying QPR have a better squad is not a load of bull. QPR have not lost one game yet this season and they have a goal difference of +23, even when they had a dip in form they didn't lose they drew. They have a far stronger squad and the cash if needed to stregthen even further. I'm being realistic that is all.

Thanks fellas for your support on this.

QPR to be fair were not good when they came to Pride Park but still hung in and got a draw out of the game by scoring twice in injury time.Now that's determination and belief!

Derby were poor against Sheff Utd so does this mean that any Sheff Utd fan can claim that Derby play **** football and don't deserve to be 4th in the league. As they say, the league table never lies.

QPR are were they are by merit, as are Cardiff and Derby for that matter.

Saying QPR have a better squad is not a load of bull. QPR have not lost one game yet this season and they have a goal difference of +23, even when they had a dip in form they didn't lose they drew. They have a far stronger squad and the cash if needed to stregthen even further. I'm being realistic that is all.

my mistake

qpr have a good side and should win but cardiff are nothing when bothroyd isnt playing for them. watched them in the welsh derby today and it was like watching a bunch of headless chikens running round not knowing wat to do. i was glad swansea won because they played like the team that was at home creating all the chances. gotta say though bellamy missed a sitter and if bothroyd is out for a while thell not make the top 2 come the end. hes like commons/cywka for us a match winner.

I think we all need to calm down a bit talking about play-offs, championships etc...

At this point in the 08/09 season after 15 games we had 21 points - only 3 less than now (surprising I know) yet we managed to eff that all up by taking just 5 points from 27 between November 22nd and December 28th that year(and 8 from 33 points from November 8th (16th game)). We only secured safety that season on the the last home game.

Lets just get to the Forest game and see where we are after that before making any judgement (heck that sounds like Clough and his 10-15 games before talking about play-offs, maybe he checked back the stats too).

I'm looking no further than the next two games.

Hopefully for Leicester we will have Bueno and Leacock back and maybe even Moore.

Ipswich will be more of a problem due to the shortage of central defenders unless Anderson miraculously reappears.

Archived