All Doom Mongers, please report in

Toadbelly

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a doom monger but a "lets have some stability for a few seasons" monger, but rather than sing Nigel's praises, I'd like it on record I think we'll finish mid table. So while everyone wets their knickers at the good table position right now, I'll happily look back at the end of the season and laugh at you all and say I always thought we'd finish about 12-14th. Which also gives all the doom mongers a chance of a good rant when we have another tricky patch.

If we do end up in the playoffs I can always quietly pretend I never posted this message, or go back and edit it to say something bland like "bravo".

I'm loving the passing football we're playing at the minute. Not good enough to go up, and avoiding a playoff would only be a good thing.

Calm down, you lot.

We are now sitting 4th in the league and look likely to contend for a play-off spot at the very least. Over the last year or so those of us with a positive outlook have been ridiculed for getting behind the board, the players, and even Nigel Clough. Well, personally I feel a little smug right now but would like to hear what the Doom Mongers have to say about our great club right now? You know who you are so no need to name names. Just come and add your comments. Let us know where the Rams are going wrong, why we should all be glum and downcast, or perhaps more refreshingly, admit you were a little hasty and that things are not as bad as you thought they would be :rolleyes:

Personally, I've never doubted Clough and have always given credit to the board for the best bit of business they've done in bringing him in. I am ecstatic about the way he has the team playing right now and long may it continue.

I give no credit to GSE whatsoever (and I'm not alone in that) for the current good form simply because I don't believe they've backed him anything like enough financially - which just goes to highlight even more what the management team has achieved.

As for you being smug, well, go ahead. It could easily have gone the other way given the lack of financial backing, but I'm just happy with the way the team are playing and am therefore happy for you have your bit of joy; although I doubt we'd have heard any apologies from you if the team hadn't managed to throw in some surprise results and started on this confidence building run.

As for the future? Well, those who care to remember will note that my criticism of GSE was in response to the air-brushing out of their financial promises - but I always maintained that, should the facts change, I'd happily change my mind.

When and if we see some decent investment that will sustain a Premiership team, then you'll have every right to job on the BBs and crow your 'told you so' stuff. With a couple of loan signings and a decent run up the table in November, you may be a little premature if claiming your blind faith to have been absolutely proven :)

The jury will remain out on GSE until we see some backing, but I'm doing as some of the guys on here suggested and have put all that to the back of my mind and am just enjoying the moment.

Up the Rams!

I'm not a doom monger but a "lets have some stability for a few seasons" monger, but rather than sing Nigel's praises, I'd like it on record I think we'll finish mid table. So while everyone wets their knickers at the good table position right now, I'll happily look back at the end of the season and laugh at you all and say I always thought we'd finish about 12-14th. Which also gives all the doom mongers a chance of a good rant when we have another tricky patch.

If we do end up in the playoffs I can always quietly pretend I never posted this message, or go back and edit it to say something bland like "bravo".

I'm loving the passing football we're playing at the minute. Not good enough to go up, and avoiding a playoff would only be a good thing.

Calm down, you lot.

I'll be more than happy to finish 12th or above. I'm just enjoying how well were playing atm.

And no, i won't calm down............:D

I have to agree with Pete Derby on this 100%

I have always been 100% behind Nigel amd laugh at the non league nigel brigade and would he be here if it wasnt for his dad.

Come on loads of appointments at clubs have old connections in some way.

But i to think GSE must be the ones with the biggest smile as all this success at the moment is covering up a little lack of decent investment behind Mr Clough and GSE could have ended up getting Clough sacked.

Yes they have invested a little but they havent lived up to what they promised and we as fans shouldnt let them off th hook in all this euphoria.

But what a bloody manager Clough is and i tell you what if we achieve promotion KLEENEX will make millions.Im getting a bit moist around the eyes already.

His dad must be proud of the way were playing and i only wish my dad was alive to see it with a clough in charge again.

Over and out.

Calm down, you lot.

Cannot believe this sentence "Not good enough to go up" did you see the game today and the beautifull football Derby are playing? I would say we are well good enough to go up and even say could beat some if not most Prem teams now with our beautiful sexy football.

Mr Portugal, have to agree with you sir.

The style and quality of football being played by our team recently is light years away from the utter garbage served up over the last few years.

As many say, its early days, but blimey, this team has some very skilful players who are only going to get better..

I would love to see them play and improve, BUT in the Premier with Derby, ASAP.

I was thinking the worst at the start of the season. I hadn't a problem with the players we signed because I knew they would be of high quality some day but thought maybe it was too soon and they would have a lot of pressure on them to perform but evidently not. I've always backed Clough from day one because he does a good job with the players he's had, when people were asking for his head I was praying it wouldn't happen because if management had of swapped hands I believe we would be sitting pretty in 23rd/24th place as we speak moaning at every chance we get, but the one decent thing the board has done is stick by Nigel when the crowds had their knifes out.

My overall problem has and will be (unless it changes) is the lack of investment in the playing staff, we've had the help from other sides lending us good players but I believe it could be make or break in January even if we can make Moore, Fielding and perhaps at a long shout Bueno (doubtful) permanent signings that would give us a extra boost to carry on this current run.

non league nige really has not been given the support that some boards allow thier mangers to have,

he has mixed old experienced playeys (savage etc) with non league wonders and so far is coming up with a winning formula(abeit with jonny metgods help) can you just imagine if non league nige was allowed to actually buy in the players that he has in his mind , and money was no object?

champions league?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKn6h2x5IcY

C'mon chaps. This post is aimed at the REAL Doom Mongers, not the closet Clough lovers! I want to hear from Northern Ram, Percy, Pete Derby, and co.

I think Stephen "Wembley Hero" Pearson still has a role to play for the club but the fact that he seems almost a a fringe player now is, frankly, a testament to our current greatness :)

I have nothing to moan about at the moment...

but i'm afraid i'll be back on february 1, 2011... after another boring "window".

Archived