All Doom Mongers, please report in

Toadbelly

We are now sitting 4th in the league and look likely to contend for a play-off spot at the very least. Over the last year or so those of us with a positive outlook have been ridiculed for getting behind the board, the players, and even Nigel Clough. Well, personally I feel a little smug right now but would like to hear what the Doom Mongers have to say about our great club right now? You know who you are so no need to name names. Just come and add your comments. Let us know where the Rams are going wrong, why we should all be glum and downcast, or perhaps more refreshingly, admit you were a little hasty and that things are not as bad as you thought they would be :rolleyes:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said at the time, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, and I still am.

I didn't doubt Nigel, but have doubted the board. I'm still not completely convinced by them, and think to a degree that Nigel has achieved this despite them rather than because of them, which is testament to his abilities indeed.

That being said, I hope they blow away any remaining concerns in January and back Nigel to the hilt.

As I said at the time, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, and I still am.

I didn't doubt Nigel, but have doubted the board. I'm still not completely convinced by them, and think to a degree that Nigel has achieved this despite them rather than because of them, which is testament to his abilities indeed.

That being said, I hope they blow away any remaining concerns in January and back Nigel to the hilt.

I have to agree Staffram. I have never liked the YANK board since day one and I still think something is going to happen at pps before Jan 2011

I am 110% behind Nigel and always have been, even at the low part of his career with us because i do believe he will take us one step further than his dad and maybe win us the league or F.A. cup and get us into Europe obviously after winning promotion to the PREM 1st:)

I hope they back Nigel to the hilt. Especially if he does'nt want to spend silly money on average players. If Nige thinks a player is not worth it, I agree with him.

If Nigel wants to father my babies I'll agree with him...I think I'm in love.:redface:

Totally agree mate!

Such confusion! :p

I've doubted Nigel since day one, starting to have some faith in him now. When we're finally shot of Savage and he stops playing Pearson i'll have complete faith in him

I thought we looked a weaker side when Savage went off personally, which I don't usually think.

And agreed about Pearson, this team has passed him by completely, he isn't good enough for a passing game.

I thought we looked a weaker side when Savage went off personally, which I don't usually think.

And agreed about Pearson, this team has passed him by completely, he isn't good enough for a passing game.

His blind, aimless kicks forward annoy me. He's been doing it for the last 2 years and they never work.

The trick with Pearson is to get him playing every game like he did against Newcastle last season. If they could manage that then there's a place in any team for a player like that. Pearson was immense in that game. No shooting, no crossing, no long passing, but what he did brilliantly was break up the play whenever Newcastle went forward. There were times towards the end of that game, where he seemed to be all over the pitch.

No matter how we play the game ourselves, having someone in the side who can perform that role well, is very, very handy.

Sadly, if that doesn't work, he no good in any other role of any use to us! :D

The trick with Pearson is to get him playing every game like he did against Newcastle last season. If they could manage that then there's a place in any team for a player like that. Pearson was immense in that game. No shooting, no crossing, no long passing, but what he did brilliantly was break up the play whenever Newcastle went forward. There were times towards the end of that game, where he seemed to be all over the pitch.

No matter how we play the game ourselves, having someone in the side who can perform that role well, is very, very handy.

Sadly, if that doesn't work, he no good in any other role of any use to us! :D

Totally agree Staffie, if he plays every game he becomes stronger and stronger and is a major threat with his pace and power. He's one of them that needs 8 or 10 games to get up to pace tho'.

I think Pearson has a place in our squad, he is one of the only players we have with pure pace and there will be games when he is usefull especially away from home when we are playing on the break a bit more.

Like against Swansea when he burst through and managed to f*ck up a 2 on 1 situation twice.

C'mon chaps. This post is aimed at the REAL Doom Mongers, not the closet Clough lovers! I want to hear from Northern Ram, Percy, Pete Derby, and co.

I think Stephen "Wembley Hero" Pearson still has a role to play for the club but the fact that he seems almost a a fringe player now is, frankly, a testament to our current greatness :)

We are playing well at the moment but there is still a long way to go.

Our away from will decide our season, we have got two tough away games coming up against Ipswich and Fester.

If we pick up 4 points in those two games then I think we will have a great season.

PS: It is great to see Miles "The Beast" Addison back.

C'mon chaps. This post is aimed at the REAL Doom Mongers, not the closet Clough lovers! I want to hear from Northern Ram, Percy, Pete Derby, and co.

I think Stephen "Wembley Hero" Pearson still has a role to play for the club but the fact that he seems almost a a fringe player now is, frankly, a testament to our current greatness :)

Calm down Toady, don't class 'em all as the same, PeteDerby always stuck up for Nige, it was the board he was calling to task.

You won't see or hear a word from the non-league nigers mate. They've gone!

Calm down Toady, don't class 'em all as the same, PeteDerby always stuck up for Nige, it was the board he was calling to task.

You won't see or hear a word from the non-league nigers mate. They've gone!

I know. Pete is generally pretty reasonable but, you have to admit, a little bit 'glass if half empty' in his outlook? I find it interesting that '"happy clappers" like myself are always willing to contribute our peculiar brand of unilateral optimism regardless of the circumstances, whereas the Dark Siders remain totally silent when the team is doing well. I just don't get it.

Archived