All Doom Mongers, please report in

Toadbelly

The jury will remain out on GSE until we see some backing, but I'm doing as some of the guys on here suggested and have put all that to the back of my mind and am just enjoying the moment.

Good man......enjoy :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought we looked a weaker side when Savage went off personally, which I don't usually think.

You are correct, and we tightened up again when Addison came on.

God attacking performance, but still a bit weak defensively, Pompy should have had a couple at least.

We are getting there, but I will still wait and see before getting carried away like some

I hope they back Nigel to the hilt. Especially if he does'nt want to spend silly money on average players. If Nige thinks a player is not worth it, I agree with him.

If Nigel wants to father my babies I'll agree with him...I think I'm in love.:redface:

The day Nigel blew in to PPS, I was interviewed by both BBC News and Sky News for a supporter's-eye view of the appointment.

I must admit that I was somewhat misty-eyed when I said "I have waited 35 years for the day that a Clough would again take charge of Derby County".

The last couple of seasons have seen me inwardly searching for any justification for what on the face of it was a ridiculously over-optimistic remark.

Last night, I saw that justification with my own eyes.

I've doubted Nigel since day one, starting to have some faith in him now. When we're finally shot of Savage and he stops playing Pearson i'll have complete faith in him

Must be something about East Kent. I was born in Gillingham and I sometimes resort to being mental too. Not as often as you though, it seems.

We are playing well at the moment but there is still a long way to go.

Our away from will decide our season, we have got two tough away games coming up against Ipswich and Fester.

If we pick up 4 points in those two games then I think we will have a great season.

PS: It is great to see Miles "The Beast" Addison back.

If we pick up 4 points from the next 2 games, many will just move on to the next two games as being the ones that will 'decide our season' - and so on. The hardest words for anyone to say are "I was wrong"

Agree about The Beast.

It's difficult to find something to moan about when we continue to turn in team performances like last night. The down side for me was Nigel looking like a sulking school boy on the bench. Never mind cheer up BD, cheer up Nigel Clough... There, I feel better now that I've found something to have a moan about....!

We can't even keep our "star" play maker Bueno fit, what's happening I want to know? Sack the fitness staff, we're doomed I tell you, doomed...!

Why only 29'000 turning up, our support is cr*p. We should have at least 60,000 wanting to watch the best footballing side outside the Premiership, so our support can only be described as pathetic, even though we have the highest average gate outside the Premiership.:)

You see, if you try really hard you can find something to have a moan about!:eek:

I have nothing to moan about at the moment...

but i'm afraid i'll be back on february 1, 2011... after another boring "window".

That's the stuff NR :) I think you are probably right about the January window. I don't expect a lot of action although will be a little dissapointed if we do not manage to extend our loans or bring in a tleast one striker of quality. A punt at Bueno would be great but just is not going to happen. The good news (sorry, I just cannot help it :D) is that if we keep up this standard of play, we should have less trouble attracting our targets.

I have nothing to moan about at the moment...

but i'm afraid i'll be back on february 1, 2011... after another boring "window".

Nah, don’t think so. You and the rest of the PeteDerby glee club will be back as soon as we hit the next rough patch.

The arguments are not about transfer windows. It’s about results – it always has been.

We are now sitting 4th in the league and look likely to contend for a play-off spot at the very least. Over the last year or so those of us with a positive outlook have been ridiculed for getting behind the board, the players, and even Nigel Clough. Well, personally I feel a little smug right now but would like to hear what the Doom Mongers have to say about our great club right now? You know who you are so no need to name names. Just come and add your comments. Let us know where the Rams are going wrong, why we should all be glum and downcast, or perhaps more refreshingly, admit you were a little hasty and that things are not as bad as you thought they would be :rolleyes:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate isn't it? Easy to smug now but what were you saying back in January when we got done 4-1 at home by Ssausagehorpe, or after other similar dismal performances? I'd like to bet that you were not sat there telling everyone to be patient or that we'd be in the top 6 by the years end etc.

We are on a fabulous run, its great to be a Rams fan again and I'm more than happy to give Cloughie the credit for this because he thoroughly deserves it, but we still need real investment in the transfer window to sustain a genuine promotion push; maybe the Yanks will put their hands in their pockets so we can secure the likes of Bueno and Kuci noow that they can see what potential there is with this squad.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate isn't it? Easy to smug now but what were you saying back in January when we got done 4-1 at home by Ssausagehorpe, or after other similar dismal performances?

I did, and I was slated for it on the DET forum.

Some people used to call me names :frown:

:D

Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate isn't it? Easy to smug now but what were you saying back in January when we got done 4-1 at home by Ssausagehorpe, or after other similar dismal performances? I'd like to bet that you were not sat there telling everyone to be patient or that we'd be in the top 6 by the years end etc.

I don’t share all of Toadbelly’s views about the board but as far as I’m concerned he can carry on feeling as smug as he wants. In fact, given what he put up with on DET, he seems quite calm about it.

Think back to the time of the Hulse sale and the Sheffield loss. There was an extremely nasty level of vindictiveness and aggression in posts from some who thought their views about GSE had finally been vindicated.

It was open season on those with long standing positive views about the board, such as Toadbelly, who were regularly receiving the written equivalent of a jackboot in the face. Unfortunately, all of this coincided with Delaroy’s version of the DET which wasn’t properly moderated and meant some posters felt free to go way beyond ‘banter’.

I still haven’t seen some long term posters, such as Butters, reappear on any forum since then. I guess he decided that posting his views in a non-aggressive and humorous way on a MB wasn’t worth the sort of vindictive crap he might receive in reply. I hope Butters is also feeling (just a bit) smug at the moment.

Nah, don’t think so. You and the rest of the PeteDerby glee club will be back as soon as we hit the next rough patch.

The arguments are not about transfer windows. It’s about results – it always has been.

But I'm already here and being positive in a good patch, so what's that comment all about?

Makes as much sense as "it's all about results, - it always has been". If that's the case, why was I in the wrong to criticise when we lost a shed load of games and sat in the bottom 3?

If you're going to throw muck about, at least try and make some sense:rolleyes:

I'm far from being a doom monger but we have to remember, the table is still very much embryonic. It is unusual in November for the table to still be this malleable but it's due to how close teams are from each other by points.

We are only in the play-off places by one point. Three losses could send us back into the bottom half. Many fans are fickle so going back to the bottom half now could send us back down to the earth, almost forgetting how well we have played recently.

But we are playing well, in fact the best I've seen us play since Jim Smith. We've moved on from the hoof ball. We are able to field a fit first eleven and a loss (like the one against Millwall) failed to dampen our spirits like similar blips in the past have. I also have the feeling an injury to a player won't defeat our attitude.

We are a squad that has been built mostly by Nigel now and he has used the two years he's had to make a built in confidence and discipline we need to keep playing good football and not scrappy/negative nPC tactics that will restrict the type of players we have.

I'm still very positive but we just need to remember who we are and where we would have expected to be at the start of the season.

Basically don't get excited yet because it would make us more bitter if we did ever hit a rough patch and this would reflect on the squad.

I'm far from being a doom monger but we have to remember, the table is still very much embryonic. It is unusual in November for the table to still be this malleable but it's due to how close teams are from each other by points.

We are only in the play-off places by one point. Three losses could send us back into the bottom half. Many fans are fickle so going back to the bottom half now could send us back down to the earth, almost forgetting how well we have played recently.

But we are playing well, in fact the best I've seen us play since Jim Smith. We've moved on from the hoof ball. We are able to field a fit first eleven and a loss (like the one against Millwall) failed to dampen our spirits like similar blips in the past have. I also have the feeling an injury to a player won't defeat our attitude.

We are a squad that has been built mostly by Nigel now and he has used the two years he's had to make a built in confidence and discipline we need to keep playing good football and not scrappy/negative nPC tactics that will restrict the type of players we have.

I'm still very positive but we just need to remember who we are and where we would have expected to be at the start of the season.

Basically don't get excited yet because it would make us more bitter if we did ever hit a rough patch and this would reflect on the squad.

I think this is closest to how I feel, enjoying how we are playing and loving every minute but let's not get too carried away, we could come unstuck just as quick (I hope not) but anything is possible in this league, proven in results so far this season.

Also has anyone noticed how we just get on with playing football, no moaners, except sav but he seems to have curbed it in a bit, if a decision goes against us that is very blatant we just get on with it. It is so good to see.

But I'm already here and being positive in a good patch, so what's that comment all about?

Makes as much sense as "it's all about results, - it always has been". If that's the case, why was I in the wrong to criticise when we lost a shed load of games and sat in the bottom 3?

If you're going to throw muck about, at least try and make some sense:rolleyes:

I thought you were just delivering the odd epistle these days. You know, letting us know you’re still around and that you’ll return in due course.

I’m hardly going to have a problem with you stating your opinions on a public MB. Why should I? I doubt you remember but I agreed with much of what you said on DET. I did disagree with your endless repetitive posting on the same topic and your attempt to hijack the DET forum for your campaign. However, I must say it was an impressive tour de force on your part. It almost proved too much for a fully moderated DET. It was way too much for the unmoderated Delaroy version.

Then again, I also disagreed with your overly aggressive posts aimed at those with a more benign view of the board’s intentions. I thought it was probably just a strategy to generate heat and keep your agenda on the front burner; but I also thought it was turning the DET into a nastier and more divisive place than it had been.

As for my “it’s all about results – it always has been†comment. That really refers to the fact I disagreed with you and your chums’ strategy of a ‘principled economic boycott’. In my view that was never going to happen. The only way fans would stop going to PP was if the results fell off a cliff, the team played badly and we had another season as bad as the last one. I was never to going to wait (hope?) for that to happen just to be proved right about the poor level of investment by the board. Anyway, the logic of this is that it will be the next rough patch (i.e., the next run of poor results) that will see the return of the serious divisions.

My “PeteDerby glee club†comment was an attempt to come up with a new collective term to describe a group of people with similar views to yourself. I thought it was amusing at the time. If it annoyed you then you have my apologies.

Anyway, I hope my latest muck throwing makes some sense. Shall I run onto your fist as fast as my legs can carry me? Or have you even better punishments reserved for posters such as myself?

We are on a fabulous run, its great to be a Rams fan again and I'm more than happy to give Cloughie the credit for this because he thoroughly deserves it, but we still need real investment in the transfer window to sustain a genuine promotion push; maybe the Yanks will put their hands in their pockets so we can secure the likes of Bueno and Kuci noow that they can see what potential there is with this squad.

Hindsight has nothing to do with it my friend. My poorly expressed point (The use of the word 'smug' is particularly cringeworthy) was that I - and many others - have spent the last few years believing that this day would come and it finally has (and I'm talking more about the football than the league position). Okay, and I was, somewhat mischieviously I admit, goading a few of our less optimistic fans.

I hope you are right about future investment by the way. In the meantime I am more than happy watching Cloughie's football magic show.

Archived