QPR tickets

Bobby

Quick heads up, QPR have announced today they are selling season tickets in the lower school end meaning away fans are only getting the upper tier this season ( about 1700 ) .

i can see why they’ve done it as demand has been growing the last couple of seasons and a few managers have said about the advantage it brings to the away side having a full end.

Last season most games the home sections were near enough full, I guess the club knows how many people requested tickets and couldn’t get them.

3 hours ago, Bobby said:

Quick heads up, QPR have announced today they are selling season tickets in the lower school end meaning away fans are only getting the upper tier this season ( about 1700 ) .

i can see why they’ve done it as demand has been growing the last couple of seasons and a few managers have said about the advantage it brings to the away side having a full end.

Will they all be sold as Restricted View tickets? Because every time I've sat in that upper tier, the view of the goal line has been blocked by the front upstand.

24 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Will they all be sold as Restricted View tickets? Because every time I've sat in that upper tier, the view of the goal line has been blocked by the front upstand.

When did you last go? They shortened the pitch several years ago so that the goal line could be seen from up there?

only part of the ground I’ve never been in so can’t give an honest answer.

1 minute ago, Bobby said:

When did you last go? They shortened the pitch several years ago so that the goal line could be seen from up there?

only part of the ground I’ve never been in so can’t give an honest answer.

I'm not entirely sure when the last time I sat in the top deck was, probably 2013 when we lost 2-1. One of the other posters here might recall sitting in that stand more recently.

I've only ever sat in the upper tier. Very cramped, shocking view and poor facilities. I won't be going. 

So fed up of the way travelling fans are treated by clubs generally.

Shame, cos I've always found the QPR fans a friendly lot (apart from the playoff final in 2014 but I realise most of those muppets weren't regular supporters.)

Edited by angieram

Not great news for disabled fans. The wheelchair facilities are in the lower tier so we’ll be sitting with opposition fans again. The EFL has brought in legislation this season that disabled away fans have to sit with their own fans now but I don’t see how that’s going to happen in this case.

4 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Not great news for disabled fans. The wheelchair facilities are in the lower tier so we’ll be sitting with opposition fans again. The EFL has brought in legislation this season that disabled away fans have to sit with their own fans now but I don’t see how that’s going to happen in this case.

I’m wondering as to the letter of the law the upper tier is a few tickets short of the minimum requirement whether the block nearest the Stanley Bowles stand will be available for that very reason.

• 2 weeks later...