Academy Thread 2024/2025

13 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Is Perry now seen as an attacking player more than a RB?

Yes he’s just absolutely done his man and was taken down for what should have been a penalty or free kick on the edge but the ref waved it away. 

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yes he’s just absolutely done his man and was taken down for what should have been a penalty or free kick on the edge but the ref waved it away. 

Yeah, I thought it was a pen too. 

2-0 now.

Who is the gobshite you can hear on the coverage?

Really hope we can tie Osayande down to a pro deal and get him a loan next season. He has everything to be a top centre back, comfortable on the ball, can play with two feet, physical, tall, has speed and likes a duel. A bit more experience in him and he could be in and around the first team.

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Really hope we can tie Osayande down to a pro deal and get him a loan next season. He has everything to be a top centre back, comfortable on the ball, can play with two feet, physical, tall, has speed and likes a duel. A bit more experience in him and he could be in and around the first team.

A long term loan would be too soon for him since he's only just stepped up to the U21s in recent weeks. At the very least, he needs to be playing regularly at this level until Jan next season, ideally until the end of that season IMO.

I'd go into next season with KRobinson, Osayande, Cox and Banks as the 4 CBs. KRobinson loaned out in the January, with one of the current 1st year scholars stepping in as 4th choice. Osayande and Cox starting their laon journeys in the summer.

Being outclassed at times but matching up for the majority. Not surprised as Aaron Connolly has 116 professional games up front. Rusyn at right wing is 25 and has 130 pro games and they’ve a centre back pairing of Johnson 33 pro games and 23 year old Anderson with 36, 30 of them coming last season in league one for Shrewsbury. 

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

Ref is an absolute joke, gives them a penalty for next to nothing after not giving a foul on Perry in the first half when it couldn’t have been any more obvious.

He does seem to be favouring them slightly. The yellow for Stepien-Iwumene was harsh, considering the Sunderland player stooped and made contact below waist height.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He does seem to be favouring them slightly. The yellow for Stepien-Iwumene was harsh, considering the Sunderland player stooped and made contact below waist height.

What’s your thoughts on Bartleys move to right back GOC I think he’s looked well since moving there, actually think it could suit him in the professional game more so than centre back. 

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

What’s your thoughts on Bartleys move to right back GOC I think he’s looked well since moving there, actually think it could suit him in the professional game more so than centre back. 

I think it's a decision to allow KRobinson/Osayande/Cox to start more games at CB. With Bardell out, we don't have any other RBs to choose from... especially since we're a bit weak on the wings and almost forced into playing Perry there.

Bartley turns 21 next month and isn't anywhere near the first team. I think we'll be looking to promote Khace Gordon for the start of next season.

29 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ref is an absolute joke, gives them a penalty for next to nothing after not giving a foul on Perry in the first half when it couldn’t have been any more obvious.

I wonder if he feels intimidated by their manager complaining over every decision which doesn't go their way