Yakka Banovic

Bob The Badger

8 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I would never forget David Langan. Sadly I will never forget Mick Coop or Brian Attley either. 

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Scared Season 5 GIF For the love of god please don’t mention those two again

Brian Attley, although not a world beater, at least put the effort in. I actually quite liked him. Wasn't he part of the back room staff not too long ago? I seem to remember him being interviewed by Colin Gibson in the "RamsTV Meets" episodes.

The other one.....

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

1 hour ago, sheffieldram said:

I remember him in goal at Millmoor when we lost in a league 2 game in 1982.

We took the lead through Andy Hill but Ronnie Moore scored and he came up to us and put 2 fingers up very close to the away fans.

It does make me laugh thinking back, cannot believe it was over 40 years ago.

The main thing I remember about the game is the thug Gerry Gow breaking Paul Emson's leg.

47 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Actually it was Steve Emery's leg that was broken, in several places. An horrendous tackle that would have put even well known hard men to shame.

Was there for that, absolutely awful challenge from Gow. 

It was definitely Steve Emery who got his leg broken.

I remember seeing Banovic’s save on Central TV or whatever it was called at the time.  It was like a triple save where there was a scramble and every time a shot came in, he somehow managed to get a block in.

I do remember thinking it was impressive at the time.  However, I was quite young and impressionable at the time and liked to play in goals and pull off one-handed saves because a bigger kid said it was “like Yakka Banovic”!

13 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Actually it was Steve Emery's leg that was broken, in several places. An horrendous tackle that would have put even well known hard men to shame.

Yeah it was.

IIRC they also missed a penalty when we were leading.

On 16/05/2024 at 21:32, Dordogne-Ram said:

I knew his surname started with an E. Not bad for someone who cannot remember what he did yesterday!!!!😬