Every goal of this promotion season

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Couldn't think of a thread to put this in, but expect there's many who'd like to see it. And even have it running on a loop! For our delectation, the club have posted every goal of the season:

Enjoy!

Really enjoyed that, there’s plenty of variety in the goals scored and the scorers, nice touch that they added in some of the class saves from Wildsmith and Vickers and a couple of goal line clearances from the likes of Cashin and Bradley too. 

I'm working my way through the highlights from every game at the moment - it's amazing how everyone does something through the season. Fornah's great run and cutback to NML for the late winner against Bristol Rovers (getting us 2 extra points), Wash's goals against Burton, Northampton and Exeter, Bark's scoring glut over Christmas (4 goals), TJJ bagging 3 points against Port Vale, Gayle scoring 3 in 5 and netting us 9 points, Thommo's goal against Oxford helping turn around a 0-2 deficit....

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

I'm working my way through the highlights from every game at the moment - it's amazing how everyone does something through the season. Fornah's great run and cutback to NML for the late winner against Bristol Rovers (getting us 2 extra points), Wash's goals against Burton, Northampton and Exeter, Bark's scoring glut over Christmas (4 goals), TJJ bagging 3 points against Port Vale, Gayle scoring 3 in 5 and netting us 9 points, Thommo's goal against Oxford helping turn around a 0-2 deficit....

When I reflect back on the season, this is the most pleasing thing. The number of players that contributed to our goal total was fantastic.

17 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

When I reflect back on the season, this is the most pleasing thing. The number of players that contributed to our goal total was fantastic.

I think between contributing to the goals tally and/or the clean sheets tally, pretty much everyone offered something at some point. Vickers, Rooney, Elder, Weston, Fapetu, Robinson, all had their moments in either the league or Ronald McDonald Cup.

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

One of the concerns before the season was how we were going to replace McGoldrick's goals. It was the biggest cloud on the horizon, but I'm always happier when the goals come from all over the pitch, rather than just one source. Well done to everyone for stepping up. But it helps to have a prolific striker, so well done also to James Collins who showed why he has scored so many in his career, and proved himself a leader and figurehead.

20 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

One of the concerns before the season was how we were going to replace McGoldrick's goals. It was the biggest cloud on the horizon, but I'm always happier when the goals come from all over the pitch, rather than just one source. Well done to everyone for stepping up. But it helps to have a prolific striker, so well done also to James Collins who showed why he has scored so many in his career, and proved himself a leader and figurehead.

Even the defense chipped in with (more than) their fair share:

Cash - 3

Bradley - 3

Fozzy - 3

Nelson - 2

Ward - 2

Wilson - 2

Shame we didn't get a pen in the last 10 mins against Carlisle, could have let Wildsmith take it to complete the set! 😄

I know they have their detractors but watching those early goals from Waggy and Wash makes me wonder if we could have challenged for the title if we had them fit for selection more often. 

In saying that, if they were fit, we might not have gone for Gayle so I guess it's swings and roundabouts. 

Great to watch all these key moments. Warne said consistently that the game is won and lost in the penalty box and this definitely highlights how good we were in that department. 

Makes for nice watching!