The Morning After, The Morning After...

Day

20 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well that's me and thee sorted.....😉

Statler-and-Waldorf-meme-4.jpg.460818788a14aee069a876eb5f79f5b8.jpg

Indeed Statler. There are clearly some worse habits than having to watch Derby play football, but none of them involve excessive travel.

I think we have one big factor a lot of other clubs don't have to attract new talent 

The size and stature of Derby County is far superior to most of the Championship 

The training facilities are 2nd to none - the fanbase - the stadium . The parachute payments are a big factor I get that, but as a footballer to play at Luton in front of 10k in their small stadium wouldn't inspire me 

I find the Max Bird sell off, odd from the players angle, we must of been that desperate for the money 

I think we should explore overseas a bit more this season, with the right players we should aim for top half 

I think the Derby fans backing are worth  more Than we think 

A whole new midfield is pretty much the priorty 

Looking at the league us on 92 and and Pompey on 97 neither of these points totals would've been automatic promotion 2022/23 with Ipswich finishing in 2nd on 98 points.

Plymouth smashed League One 22/23 with 101 points and they're lingering around relegation, whilst Ipswich could be automatically promoted.

So for us in the Championship, I'll be happy with mid-table or anything other than relegation, however I also don't think we should simply disregard a decent play-off push because we don't have the cash, it's all about the right recruitment now, the right players for the right roles.

How we performed in the league below doesn't mean anything in the league above, look at Plymouth (again 101 points!!!) same can be said about Burnley and this season in the Prem but obviously that's an even larger gap.

Glass half empty we don't have the funds to truly compete but glass half full, we don't have the funds to buy useless cast offs for silly money, looking at you...

• Johnson (8m)
  • Butterfield (5m)
  • Anya (4m)
  • Jóźwiak (4m)
  • Blackman (3m)
  • Jozefzoon (3m)
  • Camara (1.5m)

28.5 MILLION RIGHT THERE!!! 4.5m shy of what Clowes paid for our club. Screw it, whilst these did have the occasional moment you could add either Ince (6.5m), Bielik (8m) or Lawerence (5m) if you want for a total more than what Clowes paid for Derby.

Money doesn't mean anything, it's about building a team not buying a team.

Edited by Retro_RAM
typo

Let’s see where each win takes us.

We’ll have enough pundits and experts consigning us to relegation as it is.

The Championship is always very difficult to predict and always full of surprises.

If Warne, Thomas, Hale and the backroom staff work well together and have a productive summer, we could be the surprise package, carry momentum from this season into next, and get into the play-offs.

The first signing will set the tone.