Now we're promoted, what are your thoughts on League One ?

Its been said already! But proper football fans sum up league 1 for me! 

Orient fans singing, "national league champions youll never sing that" followed by "league 2 champions, youll never sing that" was a moment ill remember! 

Love watching Derby and England but over the last few years the amount of money in football is really getting to me! Price of tickets, kits etc etc! Ill spare you the rant as you all know exactly what i mean! 

The games in danger of imploding and clubs in the lower and non leagues are getting screwed more and more! Its sad!!

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

League One is a melting pot of smaller clubs who are relatively well run and then bigger clubs who are down there for a reason. It's an enjoyable league for the match-going fan and with 49 wins in two seasons there has been plenty of happy Saturdays, albeit those wins (a lot of the time) feel more like 'job done' than enjoyable and anything other than a win feels like we're playing well below ourselves. 

In two seasons we've probably been the underdog by the bookies in less than 10 of our 92 games which underpins the level of expectation. Expectation ultimately drains the joy out of football.

in hindsight, it's been an enjoyable experience (of sorts) but I'm in no rush to experience it again. 

This is a great point, and perhaps why Saturday didn't feel nearly as exciting as the Championship play off games we've had in recent year, Leeds away especially. I expected us to get promoted so while I'm happy that we did and enjoyed the occasion on Saturday,  the whole thing feels to me like we are righting a wrong more than achieving anything extraordinary.  

This was my second time of following Derby in the third tier, which from vague booze fuelled memories, evoked romantic notions it would be fun! The reality was some grounds have barely moved on from the 80’s, others are ok but tiny and I struggled to get tickets unless I went in “home” ends, which is fun and frustration in equal measure for me

Saying that, as others mention, the rival fans have a welcome genuineness of following their local team. I’ll miss that but not the football so much, it did feel painful to watch certain games, even when we won.

League 1 and 2 do need more support from the EFL and football pyramid, along with non league it’s the life blood of our game and now we’re out I’m glad we paid a visit and injected some revenue along the way; one year would’ve been nicer, but 2 years on we’re probably more ready for the championship without any EFL handcuffs, other than the same for all other clubs (ignoring recently relegated Prem teams).