Brian Clough 20th September 2004

I was at work and I felt pretty emotional when I saw the news. Those mere 6 years were almost half my life at the point he left and it was probably the most significant period of my childhood & adolescence. I never forgave Sam Longson even though Clough was almost as culpable for his and Taylor's dismissal as Longson and certain other Directors were. I'm sure deep down they both regretted their pig-headedness.

I was in France and on the way back home.

Myself and my other half (a Forest Fan!!) were sitting in a Campanile Restaurant(Bethune), having our Dinner and the TV was on (TF1).

I looked up and saw the famous clip of him coaching the guys (at Raynesway?) 

i knew immediately that he had passed and nudged the boss as she had her back to TV.

We were both upset and had leave the Restaurant.

My wife had met him quite a few times in a role for St John ambulance at the City Ground and it felt quite personal to her.

4 hours ago, Crewton said:

I was at work and I felt pretty emotional when I saw the news. Those mere 6 years were almost half my life at the point he left and it was probably the most significant period of my childhood & adolescence. I never forgave Sam Longson even though Clough was almost as culpable for his and Taylor's dismissal as Longson and certain other Directors were. I'm sure deep down they both regretted their pig-headedness.

Not sure it (Their regret) was all that deep down, was it?

Pretty sure BC mentioned it in public more than once, if not PT.

Not quite Billy's "It should have been Preston", but regrets have been aired nonetheless.

#slidingdoors

3 hours ago, GB SPORTS said:

I was in France and on the way back home.

Myself and my other half (a Forest Fan!!) were sitting in a Campanile Restaurant(Bethune), having our Dinner and the TV was on (TF1).

I looked up and saw the famous clip of him coaching the guys (at Raynesway?

Sinfin Lane training ground.

No running water, old railway carriage to store the nets, corner flags, line paint etc, grass cut by the council, Ford Transit mini bus down from the Baseball Ground and then pile back in for a shower back at the BG.

No jumpers for goalposts tho……..the players uprooted the real thing and hid em behind the carriage! 👍😁

4 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Sinfin Lane training ground.

No running water, old railway carriage to store the nets, corner flags, line paint etc, grass cut by the council, Ford Transit mini bus down from the Baseball Ground and then pile back in for a shower back at the BG.

No jumpers for goalposts tho……..the players uprooted the real thing and hid em behind the carriage! 👍😁

Thought it might be pre Raynesway.