11Méndez-Laing    7

10Waghorn             5.5

Washington            5.5

7Barkhuizen           6.5

Sibley                      5

9Collins                   6

ATG

3 minutes ago, jameso said:

If he puts in 2 (I only remember one yesterday) good crosses but all his other crosses are substandard, you'll be happy? Apparently we put in 28 crosses yesterday (although I do wonder if that includes the 9 corners we had). It didn't look too impressive to me. NML does produce a demon cross once in a while - a bit like Fozzie.

Is the Barkhuizen half-chance you're talking about the calamitous c***-up at the start of the match, or are you referring to a separate incident?

The clearest chances we had were Waghorn's and Collins' second half headers. Both from NML crosses. 

I am referring to the start of the game. He didn't show the best control, but still set up a half chance. If you would like to list the current Derby players who would have done better in the same situation running from his own half, I would be grateful.  

NML can be frustrating. If he wasn't he wouldn't be playing in League One with that pace and strength. However he was the main chance creator, so to give him a mark below average is harsh.  

5 minutes ago, sage said:

The clearest chances we had were Waghorn's and Collins' second half headers. Both from NML crosses. 

I am referring to the start of the game. He didn't show the best control, but still set up a half chance. If you would like to list the current Derby players who would have done better in the same situation running from his own half, I would be grateful.  

NML can be frustrating. If he wasn't he wouldn't be playing in League One with that pace and strength. However he was the main chance creator, so to give him a mark below average is harsh.  

Apparently (Whoscored.com) he put in 11 crosses, 3 of them accurate. (I must confess I have no idea what constitutes "accuracy" - does it have to hit a Derby man or just be in an area where it's reasonable to expect a team-mate can connect even if he doesn't?)

I take your point about finding a Derby player who could have done what NML did in the run - there is probably no-one - but if you remember that game towards the end of 21-22 (Bristol City home?) in which Cybulski missed with a header virtually on the goal-line: in both cases we can give all due credit for the work done up to that point (NML's speed, Cybulski's positioning) - the problem is that when it is reasonable to expect a player at that level to perform an action at a certain level of competence, neither did so (and I'm possibly being harsh on Cybulski, who was no doubt a nervous rookie on the day). So realistically anyone other than possibly Barkhuizen would have run it into a space and then looked for back-up. Easy for me to say but I was surprised NML didn't try to run across the path of the chasing defender. As well as not knowing exactly what to do, he couldn't tell his feet what to do. But, as you say, if he had all of those ingredients, he'd be tormenting defenders in a higher league.

NML is, as you say, frustrating. One thing he is never short of is effort. He also comes up trumps sometimes with some brilliant defensive work. All things considered I didn't think he had a bad game - only his crossing was an issue for me (which is why I wouldn't call myself "happy" when his crossing is like that, as I believe it typically is!) I marked him slightly above average at 6.5.

Wildsmith             6

24Nyambe             7

35Nelson               7

6Cashin                 6

3Forsyth                6

Wilson                    6

12Smith                  6

Bird 🦅                    6

22Fornah                8

11Méndez-Laing    6

10Waghorn             4

Washington            4

7Barkhuizen           6

Sibley                      6

9Collins                   5

1Wildsmith - 7 steady

24Nyambe - 8 - solid game 

35Nelson - 8 - dominant  performance.

6Cashin - 7 - getting back to his best.

3Forsyth - 7 - Mr Consistency.

Wilson - 6 

12Smith - 4 - nothing player, need Birdy back.

Bird - 6 great to see him back.

22Fornah - 9 my MOM, really like the way he plays.

11Méndez-Laing - 7 our most dangerous player despite one or two poor decisions.

10Waghorn - 5 bad miss from a free header, ran around…

Washington - 6

7Barkhuizen - 7 good player.

Sibley - 6 needs to be played in his best position 

9Collins - 6 ran around a lot but…