Burton Albion v Derby County: player ratings

Ellafella

On 12/08/2023 at 17:48, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. Also indicate ATG (at the game) or TV (Tv)

1Wildsmith - 6  not a lot to do

35Nelson - 6.5 defended well

5Bradley - 6 couple of shaky moments, generally better

6Cashin - 6 typical Cash performance yesterday

23Ward - 6 defended ok not a lot of room for him to attack

2Wilson -6

12Smith - 6 lot of his work goes unnoticed, steady

8Bird 🦅 - 7 strong performance from Max

4Hourihane -6.5 touches of class, good goal

Waghorn - 6.5 always involved after coming on

3Forsyth -6.5 solid performance

Elder-6

9Collins - 8 keep it up Collo

16Thompson-6

11Méndez-Laing -7 always a threat

Washington -6 looks lively , do him good to be off the mark

Atg

Ps The Bird 🐦 is back @angieram

• 1 month later...

image.png.4085a06dfb6f5e5f3ee5af84826bee43.png

Thanks to those of you who provided player ratings for the Burton Albion match; Apologies that it has taken so long to analyse the data - tempus fugit & all that. Can you even actually remember the game?

Fig 2 shows that statistically James Collins was MotM with an average rating of 7.82. Corey Smith was runner-up with 7.41 & Birdy (my personal MotM) 3rd with 7.14. Team average rating was 6.56 (dotted blue line in chart above); 4 players (Collins, Smith, Bird & Forsyth) were above the team average and everyone from Washington & below were therefore below average. Off the top of my head, that's a fairly typical picture, even with just 11 ratings for this game (there's usually about 22).

Table 1 gives the raters figures in aggregated form. The rater is shown in the first column, and their individual ratings for players along the adjacent 16 columns. There's an aggregate figure for the rater in the final column. The RAG (Red-Amber-Green) rating is by rater showing red for the lowest rating player and dark green for the highest rated player. So you can see that amongst raters there was quite a consensus insofaras Collins, Smith & Bird are consistently rated green by most raters with combinations of red/amber for the other players. 

The aggregated range is quite high though - 14 - which illustrates how different raters are "differently-generous" in their scoring. @@Ilsonram12 gave the most conservative scores and at the other extreme @Topram gave the most generous ("Happy Clapper" or what! 😆). Who is the most reliable? Well that's just opinion.  

image.thumb.png.60f7463466ee4c45685c748d0282eb2f.png

I will catch-up with all the other games very soon; and I am going to produce an "running aggregate" and have @Boycie, my favourite Moderator, pin that to the top of the Forum, so that we can keep a far closer eye on Poster's player ratings. 

What's interesting for me right now is that James Collins, who does get stick (as a lot of players do), is starting to emerge this season as a highly-rated (statistically) player which is a tad surprising; but I'm very pleased for him. Nelson too is starting to shine (statistically) after a settling-in period. 

Keep your eyes posted for more ratings results later this week. 

Any questions / additional analyses just ask.  

NB If you click on the chart/table image, you get a "pop-out" graphic which is easier to read. 

Edited by Ellafella

22 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thanks to those of you who provided player ratings for the Burton Albion match; Apologies that it has taken so long to analyse the data - tempus fugit & all that. Can you even actually remember the game?

Fig 2 shows that statistically James Collins was MotM with an average rating of 7.82. Corey Smith was runner-up with 7.41 & Birdy (my personal MotM) 3rd with 7.14. Team average rating was 6.56 (dotted blue line in chart above); 4 players (Collins, Smith, Bird & Forsyth) were above the team average and everyone from Washington & below were therefore below average. Off the top of my head, that's a fairly typical picture, even with just 11 ratings for this game (there's usually about 22).

Table 1 gives the raters figures in aggregated form. The rater is shown in the first column, and their individual ratings for players along the adjacent 16 columns. There's an aggregate figure for the rater in the final column. The RAG (Red-Amber-Green) rating is by rater showing red for the lowest rating player and dark green for the highest rated player. So you can see that amongst raters there was quite a consensus insofaras Collins, Smith & Bird are consistently rated green by most raters with combinations of red/amber for the other players. 

The aggregated range is quite high though - 14 - which illustrates how different raters are "differently-generous" in their scoring. @@Ilsonram12 gave the most conservative scores and at the other extreme @Topram gave the most generous ("Happy Clapper" or what! 😆). Who is the most reliable? Well that's just opinion.  

I will catch-up with all the other games very soon; and I am going to produce an "running aggregate" and have @Boycie, my favourite Moderator, pin that to the top of the Forum, so that we can keep a far closer eye on Poster's player ratings. 

What's interesting for me right now is that James Collins, who does get stick (as a lot of players do), is starting to emerge this season as a highly-rated (statistically) player which is a tad surprising; but I'm very pleased for him. Nelson too is starting to shine (statistically) after a settling-in period. 

NB If you click on the chart/table image, you get a "pop-out" graphic which is easier to read. 

Impressive stuff, Ellafella . 👍

On 27/09/2023 at 21:43, Ellafella said:

Sorry mate, my pin box is empty, @Davidwont open the stationary cupboard, ask him if he’s able to do it.

Mind you, he’s a bit anal on what gets to be pinned, watch him deny it.